Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: A monster is born

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #1

Default A monster is born

Ok guys, three days ago the XR10s arrived in germany so we had five of them at yesterdays comp. Two of which had broken spools after minor crawling practice

Nevertheless due to some electrical problems mine didn't even run far enough to break anything resulting in a DNF for the last two sections

But enough of the chit chat

More pictures will be uploaded shortly. Installing the electronics was a real challenge, the holmes ESC and punkdig are just so big...
When I've finished skimming through yesterdays pictures I'll post some more.
Omikron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Looks good!
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

????? Are you new to building crawlers? I would think fitting electronics on an MOA is pretty simple compared to the room a shafty provides. To be fair, I haven't got my XR10 yet so I can't really comment, but is the room issue that bad? I have faith in axial's design ability so what is the problem. Post some pics and maybe people can help.
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Snapper View Post
????? Are you new to building crawlers? I would think fitting electronics on an MOA is pretty simple compared to the room a shafty provides. To be fair, I haven't got my XR10 yet so I can't really comment, but is the room issue that bad? I have faith in axial's design ability so what is the problem. Post some pics and maybe people can help.
I said it was a challenge to fit everything, but I succeded after all. the holmes esc is realy big in comparisson to a fx-r and the punkdig isn't realy small either. even my custom AX chassis had more space to fit everything even with the motor and gearbox in it.

I'll post a pic of the inside tomorrow, just to lazy for doing it now.

Omikron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Have you seen a XR-10 in person yet? Why make a somewhat rude comment then say that you can't comment since you don't have yours yet? Not really being "fair" IMO.

There's not much room to mount the electronics on the XR-10, it's a very compact rig. I was planning on using the HH BR-XL esc but after handling a few different XR-10's the FXR will be going in. Even battery options are going to be limited, unless you want to mount one somewhere other than in the provided battery box.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default Looks Sick!

That thing looks stick! Awesome job!
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Have you seen a XR-10 in person yet? Why make a somewhat rude comment then say that you can't comment since you don't have yours yet? Not really being "fair" IMO.
Wow axial needs to release this crawler soon cause some folks panties are gettin in a bunch

Sorry you read my post as rude toyofast. I guess I was just going off the fact that Omikron99 joined the forum like a month ago and has under 30 posts....
This is why I wrote "Are you new to building crawlers...what is the problem. Post some pics and maybe people can help", because that's what this forum usually does...ideally we help each other and not bash people's posts .
I am curious to see some pics because I was planning on using the same electronic setup as Omikron99.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Not to battle anything out with you but......

Quote:
Sorry you read my post as rude toyofast. I guess I was just going off the fact that Omikron99 joined the forum like a month ago and has under 30 posts....
This is why I wrote "Are you new to building crawlers...what is the problem.
By reading the way you posted it, you sounded very condescending towards Omikron99. Maybe what was in your head came out wrong onto the keyboard. ???? Maybe?

I too could ask you if you are new to building crawlers since you join date in in 2008. By 2008 RTR crawlers were everywhere.

Anyway... back to the topic at hand.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Not to battle anything out with you but......
I too could ask you if you are new to building crawlers since you join date in in 2008. By 2008 RTR crawlers were everywhere.
"Battle" .... Is this how you broke the 4000 post mark?

Don't worry its not like people are reading these XR10 threads.

Go be Dave bro...go be Dave.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Wild Snapper, I read your original post the wrong way too, it did sound like you were digging into Omikron99 a bit. Toyofast was just trying to defend the guy from what he thought was a harsh post. Since you didn't mean it that way and that's all cleared up, everybody, lets not hi-jack Omikron99's thread.

Soooo.....

Omikron99, any chance we'll see some vid on that bad boy? Everything in that pic looked so nice and green. Here in SoCal, it's pretty much brown, with a darker shade of brown
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Go be Dave bro...go be Dave.

Sad part is, you have no idea who Dave is.... Being your join date is 2008.

Let's see some layout shots of this rig.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sad part is, you have no idea who Dave is.... Being your join date is 2008.

Let's see some layout shots of this rig.
I know about Dave even though I joined in 2008. I had to read some chit chat classics as I reacall to find out though.

BOT: Even with FXR's, I also found it to be a tight squeeze for my stubby fingers. It all looks real good when it's done though. I'm working on a new electronics tray that will open things up a bit.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
????? Are you new to building crawlers? I would think fitting electronics on an MOA is pretty simple compared to the room a shafty provides.
There is enough room for a HH ESC and a Punk Dig. But just enough, not even more... An AX 10 has more space, that's for shure!

Last edited by nicodrive01; 08-24-2010 at 03:44 AM.
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

its an MOA chassis. what more do you want?

if your using FXR's then put them on yoru axles.
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote