RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/264947-axial-xr10-tips-tricks.html)

creeping_death 08-25-2013 08:54 AM

Re: Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks

i also found my xr-10 on ebay. came with motors and a few electronics. not a complete kit but close.

bonosxr 11-26-2013 06:46 PM

Hey guys quick question I recently bought novaks "the dog" unit and a traxxas 4 ch remote with a 3 position switch. Will this work for what im trying to do? Local hobby shop already got me to buy another esc and now theyre saying this remote wpnt work. Just checking to see if it's true because it makes no sense to me....
thanks in advance!

TheAxialNut 04-02-2014 08:14 PM

WOW how these comp rigs have changed...bought my kit in Dec. 2011, and went through tons of changes in one year....fun to see all the early posts of the stock chassis and all the mods to try to make the chassis work better. Oh and the 1300-1600mah battery, lol soo cool. I use my losi 1350's ($30ea) for my XJ SCX-10 lol

AngelowDoom 04-11-2014 04:19 PM

Have two alternatives for XR10 tires for a build im doing. Witch one is best suited? RC4WD X-lock or Losi boss claws.

Curcal 04-11-2014 10:38 PM

Boss Claws

AngelowDoom 04-19-2014 07:31 PM

When I have full steering the tires rubs the springs. Is that a common problem? and is there a fast fix for it? Or should I just turn down the steering rate?

oo C64 oo 05-12-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelowDoom (Post 4750995)
When I have full steering the tires rubs the springs. Is that a common problem? and is there a fast fix for it? Or should I just turn down the steering rate?

There's a bit of info about this if you look around, but in short, no its not a problem. You can however increase your steering and lower this rubbing effect by unscrewing your c-hubs and angling them so that when you are looking front on your car, (front to back) they are turned backwards about 30 degrees. These are pre-drilled screw holes on the stock rig so you cannot go wrong. This c-hub adjustment gives greater steering throw and in my case, stopped the rubbing. Don't forget you can also adjust your trim on your radio if its bothering you.

Let me know how you go..

Whiplashdjs 05-26-2014 09:53 AM

Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks

More steering from stock universals. Post # 97

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/428190-changing-direction-ax-sporty.html

Salty Rocks 09-09-2014 03:55 PM

I took my stock plastic AX10 shocks, and put them on my XR. They are more than half as light as the stock shocks. I blew one crawling and used red locktight on them after with no problems. They are significantly light enough for serious consideration. If you use your melon you can make them work with no issues.

I have used the springs from push button pens to replace my shock coils since the ax10 had come out. Depending on the pen, you can find and tune the softness. They are also skinny, just slipping over the rod, so run on sprung set up you will be hard pressed to find rubbing or the other clearance problems that you find with regular coil springs. They are also slim enough to use inside the shock for droop set ups. Plus weight savings is a plus as always.

I make my own high clearance links with the use of my butane torch and the closed and of a wrench for bending.

The environmentally conscious person I am, I no longer use shock oils. I use veggie oils like olive oil inside my shocks. You can experiment with environmentally safe cooking oils and dampers to find the weight and reaction your looking for.

The upper rear links that are stupid and flimsy can be directly replaced by taking the lower rear links out of their sheath and using them. Add on a slightly longer rod end. Bam.

A good way to gauge the traction capabilities for tire comparison is to use fish/hanger scale, preferably digital with a reading for grams. Tie it to a solid object and find some desired mediums (rock, wood, grip tape, inclines, etc) to run on. Put the tires to the test. Make sure to flip directionals for a try in both directions. Keep your notes. Your findings may surprise you and change your mind on your current favourites.

I have a lot of tricks I use. Cant remember them all but there are those for now.

Happy crawlinz.

PS. here's a tip; dig on barnacles is no so good hmm?

~ Salty

KBrog 09-09-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Its common, but not a problem.

AngelowDoom 09-09-2014 07:35 PM

I moved my shocks from axel to links, helped a lot

Morbid Angel 10-11-2014 02:56 AM

Common question / problem:
Quote:

Answer no matter how stock or hi tech your rig has become:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty Rocks (Post 4889219)
I took my stock plastic AX10 shocks, and put them on my XR. They are more than half as light as the stock shocks. I blew one crawling and used red locktight on them after with no problems. They are significantly light enough for serious consideration. If you use your melon you can make them work with no issues.

I have used the springs from push button pens to replace my shock coils since the ax10 had come out. Depending on the pen, you can find and tune the softness. They are also skinny, just slipping over the rod, so run on sprung set up you will be hard pressed to find rubbing or the other clearance problems that you find with regular coil springs. They are also slim enough to use inside the shock for droop set ups. Plus weight savings is a plus as always.

If you are using a skinny plastic shocks for comps, build two or three sets; sprung, droop, semi-droop. Contact cement or super glue the caps on.