Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: have they udated the new kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default have they udated the new kit

is there new updated gears in the new kits thanks
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Same old junk as before. You have to buy the hardend upgrade gears. Oh, and links, then the rod ends get epic slop in matter of days. Im sure the list goes on.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Same old junk as before. You have to buy the hardend upgrade gears. Oh, and links, then the rod ends get epic slop in matter of days. Im sure the list goes on.
can i get a link to the hd gears thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I think they're made by hot racing. Google them.
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erforce52285 View Post
i found them rpp has them
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
RCC Addict

There never was a gear issue, they hold up great. The issue is in the stock bearings, I'm ready to throw 4s on mine and have no fear of the stock gears lasting for a while.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
There never was a gear issue, they hold up great. The issue is in the stock bearings, I'm ready to throw 4s on mine and have no fear of the stock gears lasting for a while.
x2 Still running the stock kit gear but replaced the bearing with Vp bushing. No problems about 4hrs on the axles. The motor plate bearing are the biggest problem but all the bearings are cheap and need to be replaced.

Do the 9mm mod to the motor plate
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
x2 Still running the stock kit gear but replaced the bearing with Vp bushing. No problems about 4hrs on the axles. The motor plate bearing are the biggest problem but all the bearings are cheap and need to be replaced.

Do the 9mm mod to the motor plate
whats the mod with motor plate
Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

To say there is no issues with the gears is crap. I helped my dad finish the build on his yesterday. He brought it out this morning, first or second climb he had the spool and the one that meshes with it both lose 1 tooth. All of his bearings are fine. I had had problems with bearings and with gears and not at the same time. I had my first problem with gears as well.

Well documented on here about the guys with problems.

For the 9mm mod, do a search. I bet it back 2 pages, maybe.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

That is wierd, Ihad a shit ton of slop in my stock bearings. i went avid and all is good. The gear teeth are so small the littlest bit of play will cause gear failure.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

or you could do what im doing and build it from the ground up and just skip the junk parts and go straight to the upgrades

btw ckrc has hr gears for 39.95 a set
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erforce52285 View Post
Wow....I cant believe that anything made by Hot Racing is considered "HD"....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
or you could do what im doing and build it from the ground up and just skip the junk parts and go straight to the upgrades

btw ckrc has hr gears for 39.95 a set
The stock kit isnt junk, its the bearings. All the gear failures are bearing related. I dont care what ppl think its the bearings. Sometimes you will get a gear with fracture lines in it, that is a weak gear. I looked over every gear before I took out of the kit. You got inspect every little thing in these kits. Attention to detail is key.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Wow....I cant believe that anything made by Hot Racing is considered "HD"....
Id have to agree. Its pretty bad when HR is better than stock. But they seem to be doing it this time.

P.S. I broke a HR Carbon Fiber frame just crawling, didnt even take a fall or dive.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Funny... I was thinking the same thing about these xr10 kits myself today and was thinking of grabbing one for 2011.. Gotta say tho I'm shocked to find a rc company as big as axial haven't made changes to back their product, did they feel the drivers were at fault and not the product?? I'm not getting it, what did I miss??
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I have only broken a spool and transfer gear....I was trying to make my rovers the same size of mt slw's lol bonehead driving usually not a hr fan but I've got freinds that are beating those gears hard and no failures yet.....mine are on order....once you go with the 9mm or 10mm bearing mod stock gears only break under stupid binds
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Id have to agree. Its pretty bad when HR is better than stock. But they seem to be doing it this time.

P.S. I broke a HR Carbon Fiber frame just crawling, didnt even take a fall or dive.
Hot Racing makes pretty parts....not functional ones. I broke a set of their CVDs (my old Clod 2.2) within a few minutes of driving.....in my DRIVEWAY!

BTW, they have absolutely NO customer service. You will never get a response from them if you ever have an issue...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I'm still going with bearing being the issue and not gears in 99% of cases. I've seen tons of bad bearings in all styles that looked fine, unless you broke a gear with bushings or big bearings it was the bearing, IMO, and you should have known better by now. One look at the kit bearings with the threads on here and my kit sat until my bushings came in.

As for the strength of the HR gears though, I hate thier parts but I ran thier AX tranny case, gears and locker for well over a year in my old shafty and will be going into my TTC build. The case looks like a beaver machined it, other than that strength has been great. That truck weighed 7 pounds, had 300's, a 35t brOOd, high C packs, 12/93 gearing and one crazy ass throttle happy driver. That truck would wad itself into a ball and spring back out and I smoked the brood before the tranny even flinched forcing it through a crack. Was beat on just the same with brushless, so while I'm not a fan, the gears should be strong.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
I'm still going with bearing being the issue and not gears in 99% of cases. I've seen tons of bad bearings in all styles that looked fine, unless you broke a gear with bushings or big bearings it was the bearing, IMO, and you should have known better by now. One look at the kit bearings with the threads on here and my kit sat until my bushings came in.

As for the strength of the HR gears though, I hate thier parts but I ran thier AX tranny case, gears and locker for well over a year in my old shafty and will be going into my TTC build. The case looks like a beaver machined it, other than that strength has been great. That truck weighed 7 pounds, had 300's, a 35t brOOd, high C packs, 12/93 gearing and one crazy ass throttle happy driver. That truck would wad itself into a ball and spring back out and I smoked the brood before the tranny even flinched forcing it through a crack. Was beat on just the same with brushless, so while I'm not a fan, the gears should be strong.
i agree thats all i was sayin.....and btw when i broke those gears...it was with 9mm bearings lol
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

may i pass on this kit sound like work to set up be for it runs jk