Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Finally!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Finally!

I finally broke a gear in my xr10! I have been comping at least once a week with it since October on the stock gears, housings and motor plates without one break. Started out with tekin machine wound motors and have since switched to HH hand wounds. I have done the 9mm mod and replaced every bearing with acer ceramics but that is it. My right front tire was wedged and trying to lift my crawler off the ground. It was bound up so hard the front was completely stalled when in 4wd. So I switched to front dig to give the motor full power. I was at full throttle for 2 seconds when it finally popped. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

So I guess this is a big thank you to axial for building such an awesome rig!!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I've been running on stock gears/plates/housings since the first weekend of October also, VP bushings and nothing else. Haven't even been opened for a re-grease. I've tried to break the gears with no luck. I'd like plates and housings for the smoother bearings, but plan on running like it is until a gear pops.

I'm not easy on the truck by any means, I break a lot of parts and have been suprised just how strong the truck is. I've destroyed all the stock steering (7980 on 8.4v though), replaced with VP Chubs/knuckles and a Lundsford rod I had. Switched all the links out for 4mm and everything else is stock and unbroken. There's been a ton of binds, jumps and ten foot falls in the last 7-8 months.

I think motor plates, Traxxas bushings or cases, knuckles/tie rod and maybe upper links is all a new guy really needs to change to have a strong/comp worthy truck to learn to tune and drive with. All the bling builds are nice, but you dont really have to have that stuff, your better off putting that money in electronics and wheels/tires/foams to begin with.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote