Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Chaotic Crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Chaotic Crawlers?

I am not into comp, don't have contacts just a great machine based on CC Smash, always amazing customer service, amazing team of generous drivers to give feedbacks and tips.
What just happened, tell me you people in the know :(
Orph3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm with ya. I lusted for a Switch. I finally got one a week before they went out of business. It's a Bummer. The quality of their work was excellent. I hope I don't break a plate, or I'm screwed. I bought the last skid plate in existence. Was cool of them to find it for me and send some stickers. I just left shafty for XR and everybody's gone.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chaotic Crawlers?

delux will take care of you guys im sure
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orph3o View Post
I am not into comp, don't have contacts just a great machine based on CC Smash, always amazing customer service, amazing team of generous drivers to give feedbacks and tips.
What just happened, tell me you people in the know :(
They wanted to keep the hobby fun for them. They needed time off. They may come back, they may not. He does still drive so (my guess is) they'll be back just on a smaller scale. It maybe a while though
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I wish it could work out where they can open again. Their chassis' and links were my favorite design and FIRST on my list of what I dreamed of. We need companies like them to keep breathing new life into this segment of the hobby and inspire competition from other craftsmen.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yeah, got the links for my Wraith and XR...phew!

Glad i did, is a great product.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the kind words guys.

We truly appreciate it.

We are still crawling, but on a very casual basis.
We don't have any more product and will not do any custom jobs.
You'd be surprised how many people still ask for custom work even though we have shut down.

I(Marc) spend most of my free time these days in a kickboxing gym or at home playing with my son.
I have also recently found a love for paint balling and have really put most of my focus towards it lately instead.

Thanks again guys and remember to keep it fun.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys.

We truly appreciate it.

We are still crawling, but on a very casual basis.
We don't have any more product and will not do any custom jobs.
You'd be surprised how many people still ask for custom work even though we have shut down.

I(Marc) spend most of my free time these days in a kickboxing gym or at home playing with my son.
I have also recently found a love for paint balling and have really put most of my focus towards it lately instead.

Thanks again guys and remember to keep it fun.
Be careful. Paintball used to be a $150 a week habit for me.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The goal is to go once a month.

I can see that it can get expensive really fast though.
I just bought most of my equipment and I my wallet already feels like it got sucker punched by mike Tyson.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Well at least you guys don't have to pay for shipping, a box of decent quality balls is twice as much here as it is there but the shipping makes it the same. Parts and everything is probably 40% more expensive as there are less places to get from. Some days I wish I lived in the states. RC stuff especially
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
The goal is to go once a month.

I can see that it can get expensive really fast though.
I just bought most of my equipment and I my wallet already feels like it got sucker punched by mike Tyson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
Be careful. Paintball used to be a $150 a week habit for me.

I used to shoot 4 cases of paint on a good day ( my favorite was Evil because that stuff WOULD NOT wipe off and NEVER bounced, but you had to shoot it through a gentle gun) Add fees and a couple hundred $'s was out the window.

Marc, if your not too deep yet check out playing pump. It is a little tough to choke down if you have been playing speedball, but if you are just starting out I say go for it. Once I went that route it got much cheaper, and was just as much or even more fun. Cuts the paint consumption way back, makes you plan your shots. Then once you master that, stock class is where it is at. The guys here like to play limited to 50 paintballs a round. I will say this, it is nice not going home dripping in paint.

Last edited by The Violator; 04-13-2014 at 12:17 AM.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
I used to shoot 4 cases of paint on a good day ( my favorite was Evil because that stuff WOULD NOT wipe off and NEVER bounced, but you had to shoot it through a gentle gun) Add fees and a couple hundred $'s was out the window.

Marc, if your not too deep yet check out playing pump. It is a little tough to choke down if you have been playing speedball, but if you are just starting out I say go for it. Once I went that route it got much cheaper, and was just as much or even more fun. Cuts the paint consumption way back, makes you plan your shots. Then once you master that, stock class is where it is at. The guys here like to play limited to 50 paintballs a round. I will say this, it is nice not going home dripping in paint.

I've seen a lot of people talk about how much fun playing a pump class is..
I will have to look into it a little more.

I hope to god I don't go through that much paint

I played last week and only went through 1000 balls(4 hours), so I am hoping I can keep it under 1500 balls per outing.

I just shot my new gun for the first time yesterday and need to tune it some more before I step foot onto a field. the last thing I need is to go out there and have issues during a speedball match.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Ah, paintball....fun stuff.

Pump can be fun, as is Hopper ball...which ended up being more popular out here since no need for another gun.

Speedball was ok, I typically got shoved up front because I was fast (well back then) and very agile....but a 6 foot 200 lbs frame didn't tuck behind stuff so well sometimes. I preferred just regular games to it, but often got recruited to play speedball.

I often shot around a case on a normal weekend with my Angel. Just depends on the games too.

My big tips for everyone playing paintball.

A. Don't guard the base....you just end up getting shot by ten people after your offense gets overrun.
B. Don't be a sniper. Sure you will get one person sometimes....his 5 friends will then light you up like a candle.
C. Don't wear cammo....you look dumb.

I tried airsoft, which is fun, guns are fun....but we played it too much like paintball, which pissed off the uber airsoft nerds because our style was not realistic to them.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post

C. Don't wear cammo....you look dumb.
This should be #1.

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people talk about how much fun playing a pump class is..
I will have to look into it a little more.

I hope to god I don't go through that much paint

I played last week and only went through 1000 balls(4 hours), so I am hoping I can keep it under 1500 balls per outing.

I just shot my new gun for the first time yesterday and need to tune it some more before I step foot onto a field. the last thing I need is to go out there and have issues during a speedball match.

I fought my way through several guns. 2 Bob Longs, an Angel, and finally DYE. The Dye was the best marker I owned of them all. Being big and fat, and slow meant I got into a nice stand up and rained down on everyone.

You already bought something but I would recommend any of the older DYE guns. DM4 to DM6 were incredible, stupid fast, and now a days dirt cheap. Toss in a Virtue board and it really gets fun.

If you look at pumps, CCI makes the Phantom. I still have 3 or 4 of them. They are slightly hard on paint, but shoot well, and work like a champ. If you want to spend the money, look at a CCM S6 or S6.5. The price on them has come down. When I ordered my S6 I wanted gold, and they would only do a run of 6, so I bought 6. I sold the rest on Ebay. Of course the CCM markers are really just autocockers really well finished. I still have a couple of them, with my favorite being a mini half blocked I made.

Last edited by The Violator; 04-13-2014 at 04:06 PM.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote