Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: XR10/Wraith Chubs & Knuckles??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #1

Default XR10/Wraith Chubs & Knuckles??

Guy,
Apologise for asking as Im sure this has been answered before, but couldn't get the search function to get me anything useful.

Currently own a SCX10 Honcho and wanting to do the XR10 steering mod to it for more tighter turning radius. Im a bit stumped on whether or not both the XR10 and wraith C-hubs and knuckles are the exact same or if there are any differences there??

All going well, I reckon I'll just buy one of the VP stage 1 wraith kits with a set of XR10 front shafts and then order some beef tubes.
brighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: XR10/Wraith Chubs & Knuckles??

The Chubs are the same part. The XR10 knuckles have the tie rod arms cast into them (the double sheer arms at the back of the knuckle) and a bolt on arm for the drag link. The Wraith knuckles use bolt on arms for both the tie rod and the drag link. Wraith knuckles can give more steering as you can adjust the change the tie rod arms and mount them higher. To be honest either knuckle would work on a scaler, though unless your running the tie rod behind the diff like an XR the cast arms on the XR knuckles would end up being useless and you would probably cut them off. A set or wraith knuckles would be better as you can just bolt the steering arms onto the front of the knuckle and run your steering in the same configuration as it currently is. Are you going to run full XR width, or trim the uni's down to match the SCX width?
LAY80N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 AM   #3

Default Re: XR10/Wraith Chubs & Knuckles??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAY80N View Post
The Chubs are the same part. The XR10 knuckles have the tie rod arms cast into them (the double sheer arms at the back of the knuckle) and a bolt on arm for the drag link. The Wraith knuckles use bolt on arms for both the tie rod and the drag link. Wraith knuckles can give more steering as you can adjust the change the tie rod arms and mount them higher. To be honest either knuckle would work on a scaler, though unless your running the tie rod behind the diff like an XR the cast arms on the XR knuckles would end up being useless and you would probably cut them off. A set or wraith knuckles would be better as you can just bolt the steering arms onto the front of the knuckle and run your steering in the same configuration as it currently is. Are you going to run full XR width, or trim the uni's down to match the SCX width?
Ok cool, that clears things up for me.... will check things out and start looking at buying parts. Thinking full XR10 width and I can cut it down and mod the shafts/beef tubes to suit if needed.
brighty is offline   Reply With Quote