Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
J21
Rock Stacker

Default Shocks

The wet and white winter has put a damper on crawling for me this year, so I have not been doing much with ole crawler but every now and then things dry and out and its time to tinker. I made a change from the Mantis chassis to Barry's r/c Amx chassis. With the Mantis only using shocks up front when I made the switch I dug out some old different body length shocks from a old build. I can't recall exact lengths of the shocks but one set is considerably longer than the other. They are both Traxxas big bore with mini T springs and have the cap mod. I am looking to start fresh with new shocks or buy another set of Traxxas to match one of my current sets. My question is what length shocks would you recommend front and rear? Also I know there are other options out there as far as shocks go but, is there a better option now days than the Traxxas? Just looking to see what your opinions are before I make a purchase. Thanks
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #2

Default Re: Shocks

I was just thinking about this the last couple days as well. Looking to see what's out there. The ones from RC Bros look nice, or others???
WarpedWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Its a split .... many of us use the SCX shocks, Icon shocks or the RCbBros. Theyre smaller and lighter and allow for a wider range spring options. We also make tuner pistons so you can dial them in better for tuning.

Downside - people complain they leak. Yes they can but if you build them right then its never really a problem. There are small things you can do and not have leaking problems. I have stock plastic bodies and RCBros on my trucks, never had any problems with leaking.

The other side of the fence crowd will say big bores are the best way. Ive only run on the plastic ones years ago and never had any problems. My dislike was size, weight and spring options.

I believe Barry runs SCX on his truck and any he builds, he'd be a good direction for tuning on it.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

There is new Dravtech shocks.
Nice colors and hearing good reviews from them.
Out of stock for now... More coming. When the new batch comes i'm going to order set for my pro for testing.

Juuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

like robob said its a split. you cant go wrong with any of them . the scx has a slightly longer shaft than bigbores ect. dlux makes a great set of big bores lathed ,cap mod ect, rcbros makes a great shock also ,currently running a set jake built me for my ytown car. dravetech are sweet looking but no exsperiance with them. they know what there doing and make great product so im sure its an amazing working shock. cant go wrong any direction.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote