Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Another new XR 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Another new XR 10

Hey folks. Had a couple questions I was hoping to get some assistance with. I’ve owned a xr10 in the past that became way more truck than I was able to run, with Aftermarket everything. I recently found a pretty much brand new unrun, assembled kit. Seems like things have changed way more than I thought they could, to the point that I don’t even know if the axles are relevant anymore or what people are running now. I’ve found some of the parts I remember needing replacement, and I’m slowly building up parts to keep around and try some things. My questions are: does anyone still make ti bent links for the stock chassis length, and last radio I bought for the previous truck was a sanwa mt4 (I think?) wondering what’s out there now that may be easier for a simple guy like myself. I’m planning on just using 4wd/front dig/rear dig, no need for the proportional fancy stuff likenon the previous radio. Oh, and anyone still making motor plates with the larger bearing? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Another new XR 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
Hey folks. Had a couple questions I was hoping to get some assistance with. I’ve owned a xr10 in the past that became way more truck than I was able to run, with Aftermarket everything. I recently found a pretty much brand new unrun, assembled kit. Seems like things have changed way more than I thought they could, to the point that I don’t even know if the axles are relevant anymore or what people are running now. I’ve found some of the parts I remember needing replacement, and I’m slowly building up parts to keep around and try some things. My questions are: does anyone still make ti bent links for the stock chassis length, and last radio I bought for the previous truck was a sanwa mt4 (I think?) wondering what’s out there now that may be easier for a simple guy like myself. I’m planning on just using 4wd/front dig/rear dig, no need for the proportional fancy stuff likenon the previous radio. Oh, and anyone still making motor plates with the larger bearing? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-bryan

Nice find Bryan, and welcome back!!
Let’s see if I can answer your questions:
1. Bent ti links for your stock chassis will be hard to come by but not impossible. Eric at http://www.dluxfab.com/ may be able to set you up.
2. Radio choices can open up a big ‘ol can here, but it’s personal preference. People are still using the mt4, but I use the futaba 4pls.
3. Larger bearing motor plate is another tough one. Check out this site and the classifieds, both for sale and post up what you need in the wanted section. http://www.krazedbuilds.com/opencrt/

Hope this helps, hopefully one of the more experienced fellas can fill in what I missed.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
Hal
Quarry Creeper

As nastyman said d'lux is the guy for the Ti links. I use a Sanwa 4ts and love it. Best part is the lever for proportional dig. I also have had good luck with Hot Racing parts for the XR10. They make a big bearing gearbox, hardened light wt gears, aluminum upper link mounts and more. I had real bad luck with the stock gears. Look in to the 2 bolt mod or running a front axle in the rear. Krazed builds also has some brass thread inserts for the axles that keep everyrhing tight so maybe the gears last longer. Welcome back. Good luck
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Hey Bryan just noticed your from mass. Where do you live? I am from western ma. Southampton ma actually. If you are local we could get together. I run Tues nights at RCMadness.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:02 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys. I’ve done lots of homework, been in touch with a few guys, and started ordering some parts. My brass inserts came in yesterday, and I’ll be spending some more money shortly I’m sure. I still need to decide on electronics and possibly a new chassis. As always there’s too many projects going on at once, and where I don’t plan on competing this might just stay a collection of parts until I have some spare time. I can’t seem to find the same radio, did they change the name or model number? And I’m guessing I’m s.o.l. On finding sedonas?

Hal, I’ve spent some time at madness, both comp and scale, but it’s been a few years.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
Thanks guys. I’ve done lots of homework, been in touch with a few guys, and started ordering some parts. My brass inserts came in yesterday, and I’ll be spending some more money shortly I’m sure. I still need to decide on electronics and possibly a new chassis. As always there’s too many projects going on at once, and where I don’t plan on competing this might just stay a collection of parts until I have some spare time. I can’t seem to find the same radio, did they change the name or model number? And I’m guessing I’m s.o.l. On finding sedonas?

Hal, I’ve spent some time at madness, both comp and scale, but it’s been a few years.
Hey Bryco13....I have a set of lightly used Sedon white dots i’d Let go.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Any thoughts on transmitters? I’d like a simple setup: all 4, dig, and burn. No proportional, no dials or anything fancy, just flip a switch/push a button and get front/back, push it again and back to all 4. Is that a 3 way switch 3 channel?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

So having started this innocently enough, in the past few days packages have started showing up with all sorts of upgrades, as well as an order to Barry, Delux, and 5th Dimension. This got expensive quick! Looking further into electronics I’ve decided to stick with HH minis. I was about to order a castle 10a bet with them, when I noticed the HH servo has its own. Is this worth getting just to clean up wiring and a tiny bit of weight? Looks like the servo can be powered right off the battery, which due to the location of the battery I assume keeps everything more tidy. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #9
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Holmes makes some good stuff. The Sanwa 4T is not made any more. You may find one on here in classifieds. If you want the same functions now it would be a 12 (big bucks) I have 2 5thD chassis with D'lux links.. I realy like the newer one it is way more predictable with my setup. Check out Chris at RCMadness for the Sedonas last I knew he still had some nos.We will have to try to get together and run your rig when you get it going. I have a place near me they run 1:1 rigs called Ma Bell, or Jeep Eater, or other names. I guess it depends on where you are from. Different people call it different names. There is tons of places to crawl.