Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Xl video bashing & crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Xl video bashing & crawling

Hey guys ,
This is just a taste of some 4s XL Pit Bashing.. yep 4s 25 c .. I said it .. The BHB is rolling on 4s .... 18/68 with 80 % punch , 1.0 torque limitation and motor timing at (0) lowest setting... And I can still barley handle it ... About even to a XMAXX rolling on 6s lol
Im VERY happy with the power, performance and durability !!

NEXT TIME I WONT FORGET MY 6S's at home

Please feel free to post your own XL bashing, crawling or speedruns videos here

I've only BROKEN a aluminum steering horn out of the last 10 6s bashings... No more Axle Walks Of Shame

https://youtu.be/Ta4tZXVwiLQ

https://youtu.be/Ta4tZXVwiLQ
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
McD
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Xl video bashing & crawling

Nice video,
Someone has found how to add background music, without it being obnoxious or overwhelming good job.
I also saw that you took the time and finished trimming the back two mudslingers. how do they compare to non-cut? looks like they did pretty good on climbing. trying to decide if I'm going to do the same.

Also liked the last video too with pulling your littlest and the crawling on the beach. cute kiddos
I'm going to have to build a summer puller for my girls too
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks Big D
I LOVE my cut Mud Slingers
I think I removed over 4 oz of rubber .. Doing so makes them more flexible ..
If I was gonna use them for PURE rock crawling I'd snipe them instead for Lateral traction.. But far as lose conditions, straight line launch , lose terrain pulling , high speed water crossings and bashing they are MY tire of choice I've been blown away when I run 6s on them in~sane roost !! Face shield highly recommended !! and the best thing is a wider stance , 8 mm of rubber to wear down with a 2 piece beadlock...
But as you know they make the right tool for the job .. and these seem to get the Job Done ..

The biggest down fall is the offset requires at least 5mm hex and the plastic hex is SOFT !! I'm using the HR hub kit and modified the structural webbing so I could use the HR inter locking backing ring.. With out it they didn't last 5 runs on 6s..

I use these Pro-Line progressive springs on the inside for towing... But I've been bashing with them and I'm pretty impressed with the performance!!
BTW Thank-you Riipfence !! I feel bad for using them because you thought they useless for the XL lol
Old 07-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Saying like the other person. Finally!!! Music it's added with real skills. Man I hate it when it's just music. That yeti really is quick.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Johan_Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
RCC Addict

18/68 is a hard core setup. Even on 4s .. I've got cool things coming.. I bought a GoPro Hero "Session" ..1440 HD , waterproof and connects with my phone and fatsharks �� picked a tripod and a head mount as well..
I think I found another hobby lol
Old 07-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post

I use these Pro-Line progressive springs on the inside for towing... But I've been bashing with them and I'm pretty impressed with the performance!!
BTW Thank-you Riipfence !! I feel bad for using them because you thought they useless for the XL lol
Hehehe, you liked my mod!
Tzicul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Hey guys this weekend I met up with a fellow basher this weekend that contacted me through RCC.. We chit chatted a little and decided it was time for a bash session! I don't think he understood my hype till he witnessed 100" jumps , Complete annihilation of every obstacle and bulletproof crashing and even self-righting tactics !! All of these pictures were under 4s power !! We wore out the 6s and decided to take a couple of shots after he saw a double backflip... I can't express what kind of videos I'll be putting out soon...

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 07-04-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #8

Badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #9

How are those axial beadlockers working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Pretty good... after a 6s run I seldomly I'll have a small blow out.. easy fix...
The cut mudslingers are incredible .. I might look at a 1/5 scale beadlock wheel next time..
Old 07-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Hey guys this weekend I met up with a fellow basher this weekend that contacted me through RCC.. We chit chatted a little and decided it was time for a bash session! I don't think he understood my hype till he witnessed 100" jumps , Complete annihilation of every obstacle and bulletproof crashing and even self-righting tactics !! All of these pictures were under 4s power !! We wore out the 6s and decided to take a couple of shots after he saw a double backflip... I can't express what kind of videos I'll be putting out soon...
Yup after blowing the stock kit gears (front and rear) and then blowing HD Gears on my Yeti it was impressive to see the XL at its finest. Seriously when BHB opened the trunk and I saw cut mudslingers on beadlock wheels I knew the fix was real. A full 6s run confirmed this. The front brace mod also held up to some serious gravity. Nose dives. Cartwheels. It was impressive!
alibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Thanks man!! I had a blast !!! To bad we didn't get any 6s action shots!! Craziness!! Lipping off 60' banks at 40 mph without even a care!

Xl video bashing & crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bashing video Bmelch Non Crawler RC's 5 04-06-2015 12:44 PM
Bashing video! Unfadingpyro Chit Chat 0 04-15-2012 02:24 PM
RC Adventures - Axial Wraith Bashing, Rock Crawling & Smashing the Trail! RCSPARKS Videos! 5 06-06-2011 08:02 PM
Mchugh Creek Alaska, April 16th 2009: Crawling Video & Pictures akguanja Videos! 15 04-21-2009 08:01 PM
Venom Creeper for Bashing & a little Crawling Solar Newbie General 10 03-11-2009 11:37 PM