RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/501934-axial-yeti-critical-dimensions-parts-compatibility-gearing-etc.html)

Hillbilly63026 04-08-2017 10:25 AM

Re: Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc

Just to make sure the axial yeti and trophy truck run the same transmission?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mountainsofbeer 04-10-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbdynsty25 (Post 5676840)
Threw the newly released Hobbywing XR8 SCT and one of their new 3660 Series sensored motors @ 3200kv and damn, what a beast on 3S w/ an 18t pinion and stock 64t spur. And yes, I know, I need to work on my soldering. I made extra connections because I think I'm going to have a few different motors for this guy but for right now, this is perfect for what I do. I need to get the front diff locker so I can crawl a bit.

I probably could have gone with the 3600kv version of the motor to get a little more speed. But I ran it HARD on 3S for about 20 min. in grass and the motor was barely warm. So clearly I've got a lot of headroom in this thing to gear it up a bit more. 20/56 anyone? LOL...

So nice man I love the 1/8th hobbywing esc "thumbsup"

They make that motor in sensorless version as well

Also try 20/64, its just about right for more open areas. RobinsonRacing makes one in the right size. maybe 30mph fast but not too fast.. your truck.. probably going to still wheelie at 20mph if you juice it ha. I actually prefer a lower topspeed sometimes it really depends on where your driving. Also my nephew thinks its "too fast" now after getting used to a 16/64 setup.

wykes 04-16-2017 09:50 AM

Hi,

I’m building up my new Yeti kit. I notice a mismatch between two parts that should bolt together.

I’m having a problem with the interface between parts AX31104 (1) and AX80091(2).

AX31104 (1) bolts perfectly to all the points shown in the first step of Section 21 of the instructions, but the surface at the front of that part is clearly at the wrong angle and the 4 holes on the top of AX80091(2) are far from lining up with the bolts that pass through AX31104 (1).

Is this something that has been noticed before, has the part been updated or have I done something wrong?

Thank you!

magic_yeti 04-16-2017 04:28 PM

It's a press fit :mrgreen: just press the bulkhead a little to the front.
start first with the outer screws on the chassis, then the front screws on the bulk head and so on. tide the 4 screws on the bulkhead cross over like a tire."thumbsup"
use a little grease on the screws to get them ever out for maintenance.8)

dreadMoros 06-20-2018 06:20 AM

Hi,

rebuilding yeti rollcage because previous one was sold. As of now i only got OG parts of the cage from Axial but i'm missing screws. Is there a way to get around it using commonly available screws that you can get from general store or do i really need order from axial (since they are hard to get from other vendors than Axial)?

cheers!
--dm

mikemcE 06-20-2018 06:39 AM

KNK make screw sets, I’ve used 3 or 4 of them. Both SS and black oxide

Hang up and Drive

dreadMoros 06-20-2018 01:48 PM

Well i was hoping for something more common since im from europe so shipping costs are significant. Does anyone have replacement/compatible screw model i could use like in metric description?

gbean 06-20-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadMoros (Post 5843850)
Well i was hoping for something more common since im from europe so shipping costs are significant. Does anyone have replacement/compatible screw model i could use like in metric description?

You can use M3 button head screws just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

magic_yeti 06-21-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreadMoros (Post 5843850)

https://www.rc-schrauben.de/?gclid=E...SAAEgI7RfD_BwE

here you can get a screw set for the yeti. i used the torx-hardend-steel version for my little monster, they incl. more than needed so you have spares."thumbsup"

dreadMoros 06-21-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_yeti (Post 5843964)
https://www.rc-schrauben.de/?gclid=E...SAAEgI7RfD_BwE

here you can get a screw set for the yeti. i used the torx-hardend-steel version for my little monster, they incl. more than needed so you have spares."thumbsup"

Dude that is awesome! Thanks a lot!"thumbsup"

Lugnutt 07-09-2019 05:35 PM

Is there any difference in the gearing between the rr and the tt, if it was mentioned I missed it, so sorry if it was