RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/501934-axial-yeti-critical-dimensions-parts-compatibility-gearing-etc.html)

Hunter711 09-16-2014 05:37 AM

Re: Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Racing (Post 4895307)

Ordered this 3.4" version from SS...seems to be the one.

That is correct. "thumbsup"

CrawlinMike 09-19-2014 09:28 PM

Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc

All this made of steel priced at gold parts for the yeti----- and all I want is the 2 speed kit.

mark32 09-26-2014 08:27 AM

what about the front hinge pins for the lower control arm

rwkhaussupply 10-20-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark32 (Post 4903858)
what about the front hinge pins for the lower control arm

This seems like one of the largest issues that Need a replacement quality part made for it.

Yeah bling axle housing, shock mounts, trailing arms, rear lock outs, or knuckles are all cool and all.

But what the Yeti Needs a replacement quality part for is the lower hinge pins, Wheels, and hexes.

I would bet it is safe to assume that 50% of ALL the Yetis on this forum have a bent hinge pin or two, if they have some track time, or bashing.

Pockets70 10-20-2014 12:31 PM

Sounds like Lunsford needs to step up and get some made!

Eddy The Yeti 10-23-2014 02:14 PM

Definitely have bent hinge pins... Besides the obvious damage to them being bent, what issues could they cause if not repaired? I'm waiting to find a solution once I get RPM arms...

Harley 10-23-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy The Yeti (Post 4926986)
Definitely have bent hinge pins... Besides the obvious damage to them being bent, what issues could they cause if not repaired? I'm waiting to find a solution once I get RPM arms...

It will keep the suspension from cycling freely.

antd91 10-24-2014 05:11 AM

Keep seeing all the this talk of bent hinge pins and after taking mine for a swim yesterday I tear it completely down to clean and go figure one of mine is pretty significantly bent and I had no idea. Both could be bent but might be imagining it because the one is. I hope Lunsford gets in the yeti game. I already couldn't resist taking a leftover titanium steering link from my Revo and throwing it on. They make good stuff.

Jus 11-21-2014 07:31 AM

how narrow of a hub can you run up front with VP SLW rims? I want to run as narrow as possible.

nitro5514 11-24-2014 09:08 PM

When is the 2 speed tranny kit going to be available ? I can't find any info on this.

winnerone23 11-25-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatroofus (Post 4885396)

Anybody have the width of the outputs on the short version of the BMRC locker for the use of MIP's up front?

EDIT: Maybe also the length from the spool out, on both sides, as well?

Thanks..

sb4pro 12-08-2014 06:46 PM

Looking to add RC4WD King shocks on my Yeti and want to know which size ones to get . I'm thinking 110 mm for rear and 90 mm up front . The stock numbers are zd0033 for the front ones and zd0030 for the rear ones . My question for you is will these work ?

fatroofus 12-08-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb4pro (Post 4963822)
Looking to add RC4WD King shocks on my Yeti and want to know which size ones to get . I'm thinking 110 mm for rear and 90 mm up front . The stock numbers are zd0033 for the front ones and zd0030 for the rear ones . My question for you is will these work ?

They will fit, but I would not say that they will work-well.

Harley 12-08-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb4pro (Post 4963822)

They will bolt in but they are not enough shock to control the Yeti. Not a good choice.

sb4pro 12-08-2014 07:04 PM

Thanks guys . Any suggestions ?

sb4pro 12-09-2014 11:15 PM

Good news just checked the UPS tracker looks like my Yeti will be here today ( writing this at 1:14 am east coast time ) . Can't wait to bust it outta the box !!!!

CrawlinMike 12-10-2014 03:07 PM

Dang it. Now I had to delete my replies because they don't make sense without your posts that didn't make sense.

ChronicCrawler 12-12-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwkhaussupply (Post 4924219)
This seems like one of the largest issues that Need a replacement quality part made for it.

Yeah bling axle housing, shock mounts, trailing arms, rear lock outs, or knuckles are all cool and all.

But what the Yeti Needs a replacement quality part for is the lower hinge pins, Wheels, and hexes.

I would bet it is safe to assume that 50% of ALL the Yetis on this forum have a bent hinge pin or two, if they have some track time, or bashing.

1 crash 3 broken parts
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...k/photo2-3.jpg

bumpyy 01-13-2015 06:04 PM

sorry may be not the right thread, how to adjust yeti xl front heigth too low i think. and adjust rear squat soft suspionsion.any pics? can,t find any adjustment in back. , sorry new to axial thanks!

ksj44 01-14-2015 09:05 AM

Sorry if I didn't see this posted but I didn't see it anywhere. Could someone tell me what size bearings the steering knuckles take?

Thanks!