Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Adjustable rebound and compression on Icon shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Adjustable rebound and compression on Icon shocks

I want to play around with the adjustable rebound and compression pistons that come with the Axial Icon shocks and I think the directions are reversed and wrong.

On the left that setup that they say slows compression is wrong. When the rod pushes up on the the piston during comp it is compression the oil above the piston and on the top cap side. Well the parts that moves to open and allow the oil to bypass around is AX80033. That piston will be forced open and allow the oil to pass quicker. During rebound the opposite happens and slam that valve shut slowing the rebound.

I want to see if you guys agrees with me that the directions are incorrect. I have rebuilt a couple front forks on motorcycles and I am 99% sure I am correct.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Adjustable rebound and compression on Icon shocks

I pretty sure that I can feel the difference, but it is so slight that it's tough to feel and from what I think I feel, I'm correct. It makes sense that it's tough to feel too because you don't want a massive difference. If you allowed the rebound to be alot faster than comp, then the shock will pump up eventually and not move in a balanced cycle. I used to road race sportbikes and learned a bunch about adjusting comp and rebound.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Adjustable rebound and compression on Icon shocks

The instructions look right to me. With light weight oils its difficult to feel the difference but its easy to feel with the heavy oil.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Adjustable rebound and compression on Icon shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
info on the kit shocks adjustable rebound help 8000ft Axial Yeti 4 11-02-2015 07:32 PM
New Big Bore shocks. Question about rebound. g_green Axial AX-10 Scorpion 17 03-13-2010 04:41 PM