Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yeti kit

Hey guys started my yeti kit and used Strc knuckles and on my toe links in the manual it says 38.5mm but when I compress a arms for flex I get binding with the axial cvds and it hardly flexes half an inch at most
Mitchell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Yeti kit

I had the same issue with the stock knuckles. I just adjusted mine to what I wanted. I did however notice, that in instructions for the kit on fast eddy's YouTube build they called for 40.5mm if memory serves. So there is a discrepancy in link length. I built my kit to completion, then adjusted for toe and camber.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

See I did that and im new to axial I've been with traxxas and got tired of they're same rcs so I was building the yeti and ran into that and yes robe in fast eddy it said 40 so I adjusted mine. But man this yeti is a money pit but I want it to look scale and handle great already have a vanquish currie on the way and went to the hobby shop and got a spectrum dx4c just missing servo and esc and Motor
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I couldn't afford to have / maintain all my rc's if I bought from my local hobby shop. I recommend using Hobbyking.com for what you can.
Happy to recommend some ESC, motor suggestions.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I never buy from my local hobby shop I went there just to get paint and they had the spectrum
So I grabbed it I've probably been there three times in the last year too expesive compared to towers or Amain and yes robe would appreciate the help on a good combo for the yeti
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #6
RCC Addict

You guys need a better LHS...
Mine consistently has even better pricing than the internet sellers and superb customer service to boot...
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

What he said.^
tech712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

We go in mine and walk around and they watch us like a hawk thinking we're stealing or something and I'll over hear them talking and they recommend crappy stuff to customers and do stuff to their cars that it doesn't even need.... A slash 4x4 there just basic model is $470.... When I was going to buy a summit there they wanted go sell me all this other stuff with it and I just sat it down and walked out and order it from tower for almost $200 cheaper. All my lhs does is push business on you... Like I understand that but trying to sell my wheels and tires with the summit and batteries and not even give me a deal no thanks I'll go online.... Even when I wanted to go with a scale crawled bc I loved the trailing of the summit the man was there and was saying that's a good truck you should buy it and I was like thank you im just looking then went and got a honcho out and said I'll sell you this and a battery for I think about $450 I just walked out... And to mention its a hobby town usa. Me and my friends and dad have always seen better business out of family hobby shops And Ive recently found one and that's whwre im gonna see if they'll get my bussiness.

Yeti kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti Kit? leckster Axial Yeti 1 10-28-2014 04:06 PM