RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   AZ Summer Shootout by NARCCA (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/az-summer-shootout-narcca/)
-   -   RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/az-summer-shootout-narcca/484737-recon-g6-tombstones-cards-narcca-az-summer-shootout-prescott-az.html)

DRIVNMF 02-24-2014 03:39 PM

RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps48f5cbd6.jpg

The G-Train is dealing poker hands at the Tombstones & Cards RECON G6. The G-Crew is back with our old friends, NARCCA & the epic “AZ Summer Shootout” for what will be one of the best rc events of the year. Come join us for a fantastic weekend with something for every rc crawling enthusiasts. Whether you are into comps, scaling, G6’n, or all three, NARCCA & RECON G6 invite you to our table of rc adventure where we deal in fun!

What - Tombstones & Cards RECON G6
When - May 2 & 3, 2014
Where - Watson Lake Prescott, AZ
Directions - From Las Vegas, Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
G-Fee - All Classes, $25. Children 15 & under, $15. Pre-registration is highly recommended and will be available at 2014 Events (coming soon)
Camping - Call Michelle at 928-777-1121 to set up reservations.
Driver Check-In - Anytime prior to start time.
Start Time Stg 1 - Friday, 5pm after Drivers Meeting and National Anthem.
Start Time Stg 2 - Saturday 7pm after Drivers Meeting and National Anthem.

Tombstones & Cards Intel

Classes

- 1.9 Adventurist - All makes and models rolling on 1.9 scale tires. If you have stretched a 1.9 tire over a 2.2 rim, cool. Just no cut and shuts or comp tires, unless a ya don’t mind a time penalty.

- 2.2 Adventurist - All makes and models rollin’ on big tires! No matter what axles you have them mounted on, if it’s a 2.2 scale tire, this is your class. Showcase those big tires in special 2.2 Adventurist Only sections.

- 6x6 Expedition Class - If you like big rigs and 6 wheel drive, then this class is for you. With a special class only section, your skills are sure to challenged. This class is for 1.9 tires only.

- N-Tow Expedition Class - This class is for 1.9 scale drivers that enjoy pulling a trailer on their scale adventure. It’s not just an empty trailer, there will be some cargo and special driving challenges as well.

- RECON Ready Open Class - Is a class for the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6. Everything is open except for tire size. 1.9 Tires and driving sections that will push driver and machine, the RECON Ready Open Class is a “Do Work, Driver” kinda class.

- 15 & Under Adventurist - Our young G6’ers to “do work” in.

- Drivin’ Divas - For all the lady drivers of scale adventure.

Stage Intel ALL Classes
- Open to ALL makes, models, and builds. Keep it scale.
- A tow strap is mandatory.
- A tombstone made out of Popsicle sticks is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Your favorite pen is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- One Playing Card is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- 8 scale items are mandatory. An Axial SCX10 RTR has 8 scale items stock.
- 5 scale card shark items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- One headlamp is mandatory.
- One light mounted on the controller is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Expedition Classes - 20 scale items. Will need to carry a canoe/raft. A spare tire. An Extra motor. (Brushed or Brushless, working or not)
- RECON Ready Modified Class - 2 scale safety items.
- G6’n in cowboy attire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Driver / Driving Challenges include the RPP Hobby Bautista Terror Pull Sled & the “Are you faster than Erin Fick” time bonus.
- Best Poker hand of each stage, may or may not receive swag.

The G-Crew will see you getting your scale adventure fix, in the Tombstones & Cards RECON G6.

nappahdog 02-24-2014 04:46 PM

Re: RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

HEY! Glad to have ya back.

DRIVNMF 02-24-2014 05:10 PM

Re: RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by nappahdog (Post 4685539)
HEY! Glad to have ya back.

Glad to be back!!!

This will be an incredible weekend of rc action! "thumbsup"

Erin 02-24-2014 05:29 PM

Oh my!! I better get my ass in shape lmao!!

Bthomas 02-25-2014 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did someone say G6...I'm all in!:twisted:

roysan 02-25-2014 10:57 AM

25 dollars for a nite run...thats ****ed up

roysan 02-25-2014 10:59 AM

And what is a card shark item

Bthomas 02-25-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysan (Post 4686541)

Lol things to cheat, beat the odds, steal:shock:....cards up the sleeve, gun, knife, X-ray sun glasses

Blades 02-25-2014 09:34 PM

Did I hear Weapons???I might have a few of those playing around(a huck huck huck, Pun intended)
Looking forward to this as it will be my first g6 with a 1.9

dand 02-25-2014 10:28 PM

I agree with Roy!!! its alittle steep.

Blades 02-25-2014 11:23 PM

Just look at it this way. 12.50 a night, its like going to see an epic movie that your the main character in. If you do well it will be a blockbuster, if not, hey at least you have the scars to prove you were there!

pwillis52 02-26-2014 06:37 AM

$25 for 2 days of fun is cheap, plus we got it for free last year!! Seems like a lot of work to me. Brian and Kevin do 30 gates for free every 3 weeks, these guys are doing 200 gates 2 times in a row. Plus theres free stuff given out! Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't be Jew, pay up!

nappahdog 02-26-2014 07:42 AM

gotta pay to play my friends. after the fact you will see the effort put into this event.
no one should be expected to work without compensation and these guys DO WORK.

DRIVNMF 02-26-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysan (Post 4686536)

We all have to be a little & it's not just a "night run". It's two stages of RECON G6 adventure. The first stage will still be light, since the sun don't set until apx 7:34pm and dusk ends apx 8:03pm, but don't let anyone know I do this much "recon" into events, they won't believe you. "thumbsup"

Stage 2 will be a night run or at least finish at night, so lights are an asset for sure. It' nothing new for someone to think $25.00 entry is steep, especially compared to other events;

Leadville 100 MTB race - $345.00

Every Man Challenge at KOH - $645 before 11/15, $800 before 12/15, $1000 before 1/15

Tough Mudder - $149 standard, $174 late, $185 final

None of these events offer "day of" registration.

So, yeah, $25.00 is ****ed up, just saying. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysan (Post 4686541)

Cards, pistols, extra aces, hat, vest, boots, use your imagination. It could WSOP sticker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Climb Stuff (Post 4687295)
Did I hear Weapons???I might have a few of those playing around(a huck huck huck, Pun intended)
Looking forward to this as it will be my first g6 with a 1.9

OH MY! There is nothing wrong with the big meats, it's the fastest growing class in the G6, but there is mad props to those drivers that "do work" with 1.9 tires!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dand (Post 4687348)
I agree with Roy!!! its alittle steep.

See the reply to Roy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Climb Stuff (Post 4687395)
Just look at it this way. 12.50 a night, its like going to see an epic movie that your the main character in. If you do well it will be a blockbuster, if not, hey at least you have the scars to prove you were there!

Great analogy, I use the movie experience often, but have never thought that the driver is the main character. AWESOME!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nappahdog (Post 4687568)
gotta pay to play my friends. after the fact you will see the effort put into this event.
no one should be expected to work without compensation and these guys DO WORK.

It's not only compensation, but participants need to realize that these companies want to support events. The companies love their customers, but bottom line, a company will invest more into an event when drivers commit to the event.

I have dreams of this location. I sat a line that I thought drivers would have to winch up. Erin Fick drove it! Absolutely on of the coolest lines into a dead end canyon that was just creepy! I can't wait to be back and see a bunch of old friends and watch amazing drivers "Do Work".

BoulderDan 02-26-2014 03:25 PM

roy just needs a little WD-40.....:ror:

I'm w/promoters on this....
price is not to steep specially when compared to 5K, pedal bike races, multisport, sailing, etc......
it's like a cover charge to a 2 day party and you get to compete...."thumbsup"
plus swag.......

Simon_s 02-27-2014 11:24 AM

Can't believe peeps are complaining about $25 as an entry fee... Unlikely I'll be making this, as usual :rollseyes:, but hope it goes well.

Fishmaxx 02-27-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Thats why I love America......if you don't like the price of something you don't have to buy it....unless of course its Obama Care:flipoff:

Blades 02-27-2014 09:13 PM

I agree there is nothing wrong with 2.2s. I just have always ran a 2.2 rig and wanted to try my hand at a 1.9 rig. And what better place to test it then a G6!! Now, just gotta get some work done to make this this Armageddon proof.
Also, when can we prepay for the event?

DRIVNMF 02-27-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Climb Stuff (Post 4689911)
I agree there is nothing wrong with 2.2s. I just have always ran a 2.2 rig and wanted to try my hand at a 1.9 rig. And what better place to test it then a G6!! Now, just gotta get some work done to make this this Armageddon proof.
Also, when can we prepay for the event?

You are gonna have fun. Two Words x 4...

Sand Ramps

Pull Pal

Pit Bulls

Do Work

By the weekend, sir, Thank You.

VP Dan 02-28-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

its only 12.50 a night thats a deal and if you have ever been to a parker night run you will be willing to pay 25.00 a night