Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any crawlers near Oakhurst, California?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation Any crawlers near Oakhurst, California?

If there are any crawlers around the 559 or 209 let me know i have some great places to crawl on my property!
66shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hey 66, I'm in Fresno. I was doing some crawling up around Lewis Creek last summer, My wife wants to hit that area again now that her crawler is done.
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66shift View Post
If there are any crawlers around the 559 or 209 let me know i have some great places to crawl on my property!
Post up some pictures of your crawl spot.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Exclamation

wow i didnt expect anybody to answer back well one of these days ill post pics but i have a nice lil trick setup in my backyard also plenty of rocks for super class rigs as well if ur TRULY!! interseted pm me and i could give u directions to my crawl spot.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

There is a great place to go mudding at Bass Lake right now im headin over their tomorrow so ill post pics up when i get back...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My parents retired outside of Coulterville, I head up there sometimes. There are some spots I've wanted to check out along Hwy 49
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
My parents retired outside of Coulterville, I head up there sometimes. There are some spots I've wanted to check out along Hwy 49
I live RIGHT off the highway 49 i welcome all crawlers to my place as long as u contact me ahead of time....
Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

im over here in sonora, ive been to oakhurst a couple of times up to bass lake, good fishing, is that awesome japanese resturant still there? well maybee ill have to try to make it over there sometime. or maybee you can come down here.
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

My father in law owns property up in Oakhurst and my wife's Aunt and Uncle live up there and she does real estate. So we visit on occasion. I will have to bring my crawler next time!
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruck"n"roll View Post
im over here in sonora, ive been to oakhurst a couple of times up to bass lake, good fishing, is that awesome japanese resturant still there? well maybee ill have to try to make it over there sometime. or maybee you can come down here.
R u refering to Oka? right next to Sears? yes its still their ha ha
Old 02-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
My father in law owns property up in Oakhurst and my wife's Aunt and Uncle live up there and she does real estate. So we visit on occasion. I will have to bring my crawler next time!
Ohh plz do u WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #12

Hey 66shift,

I live in Fresno and am building an AX10, and my friend who lives near YLP is also building an AX10.

We went freaking nuts with the Nylints (modified them to the moon and beyond), then I built my 707:1 Tamiya Mountaineer, and now it's time for me to grow up and get into competition-grade 2.2 RCs.

We've only played around on his property off of road 416, and would love to meet more people in the area.

Are they ever any Fresno rc rock crawling events?

BigMike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

No Fresno area comp in the last 2-3 years that I am aware of. Modesto, Bay Area and Sac seem to be it for us. And I don't like getting up at 3 AM and driving 3-4 hours for a comp.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
And I don't like getting up at 3 AM and driving 3-4 hours for a comp.

I hear that
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Guess we'll just have to start something up huh? Back when I started to get into this one of the guys at Hobbytown said he had just sold his crawler, so if we post something there we may be able to get him back in. We will need to find a plce first though.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #16

Let's keep in touch on this. I ordered another AX10 for my friend who lives up near YLP, so that makes two of us with AX10s.

This friend near YLP also has a Tamiya Hilux, another friend here in town has a Bruiser, and I have a Mountaineer, so we could play with scalers too.

BigMike
Old 03-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Hells yeah. When I was in Marlin's a few months ago there was a Nylint crawler in the office, CJ told me who it belonged to but I forgot. We may be able to find another person to add to this little group there, though.

JP shipped my motors so I only have a few days before I can get my wife's new BMV2 together, put my Thunderhorse back together, and then worry about my sisters rock racer and my super.

Last edited by lunchbox; 03-19-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

wow u guys got a lil convo going here hunh? well allots hapened lately i sold my scaler and emaxx to fund a 1:1 rig but i still have my 2.2 crawler and it is at the moment non-op. but its hard for me to find time to go crawling so i guess im slowly getin out of the hobby.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

im from oakhurst id like to come play
on stolen rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Wow, over a year! LOL! Thread dredger! Thread dredger!

Um, I haven't done anything with my RC crawler sence last years Moonlight Maddness run up at Bald Mountain OHV park... though, I did take it there. In fact, my brother has had my crawler for about 6 months now that I think about it. I was able to pass my Offroading Sickness on to my wife durring the run, so I have been kind of working on my 42 Willy's and haven't had time to even think about the RC rig... but it doesnt look like my Willy's will be ready for this years Moonlight Maddness run (unless I win the Lotto or someone gives me a few grand) so maybe I should get my RC Crawler back from my brother and try to remember how to drive it!

The Hobbytown in Fresno has a course set up in their store, but it was kind of easy last time I drove it, and the canal my bro has been driving my crawler in is now full of water, but that will be over in like a month the way fresno runs their canals. Know of any good spots in the fresno/oakhurst/coursegold area?