RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Fresno area crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/183772-fresno-area-crawlers.html)

funky_mc_monkey 09-27-2010 03:00 PM

And it's still quiet... I'm new here, new to crawlling... I too would like to get together with some of you for some crawling. I'm in N. Fresno...

DrunkDriver 09-27-2010 08:45 PM

I Will be in fresno for another two weeks, then I will be gone again. If anyone else is into scalers, then maybe we could gtg? I think shaver lake, or ? Heck, I've run my trucks a woodward park, its not a bad place. . .

Zack

funky_mc_monkey 09-28-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkDriver (Post 2658894)
I Will be in fresno for another two weeks, then I will be gone again. If anyone else is into scalers, then maybe we could gtg? I think shaver lake, or ? Heck, I've run my trucks a woodward park, its not a bad place. . .

Zack

Nice! I've heard a few people say that you are not supposed to run RC cars in the park but I couldn't imagine a crawler causing any trouble.

Has anyone checked out the N W corner of Millerton Rd. (Friant Rd.) and 206 (North Fork Rd.)? It looks like it could be fun, and I doubt anyone would give you crap for rearranging a few rocks... Here are the coord's:

119°42'43.68"W
36°59'28.34"N

I'm in for a g2g on weekday evenings or weekends... :)

UPDATE:
I took the long way home from work to check out the park and ride in Friant and it looks like it has some good potential.

rc junkie 09-28-2010 10:56 PM

hey, i used to live in squaw valley. still own a house up there. i currently live in clovis but go up to sv about once a month. let me know if you get there.

boosted4lyf 09-28-2010 11:02 PM

I know its been said but I was drilling down there a month ago and a buddy and I used to crawl the old fountain at Shaw and Blackstone at the auto gallery no one bugs ya and its a pretty cool little spot

APESHAT 09-29-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky_mc_monkey (Post 2659889)
Nice! I've heard a few people say that you are not supposed to run RC cars in the park but I couldn't imagine a crawler causing any trouble.
> I've heard that as well, but never tested the theory - though if you happen to meet that 1 security guy who just won't be reasoned with..
Has anyone checked out the N W corner of Millerton Rd. (Friant Rd.) and 206 (North Fork Rd.)? It looks like it could be fun, and I doubt anyone would give you crap for rearranging a few rocks... Here are the coord's:
> Yes, TGRC had a 'tie-break' competition there almost 2 years ago under the lights and it was hell..

119°42'43.68"W
36°59'28.34"N

I took the long way home from work to check out the park and ride in Friant and it looks like it has some good potential.
- Definitely could find a good set of lines through the carnage during the daylight hours and it's unlikely anyone will bother besides curious fisherman + restroom patrons :ror:
- The rocks are almost all the same size though and unless you're running 5"+ tires w/bulletproof drivetrain, chances are good an innocent looking gap will suck you in & snap a driveline/shaft.
- Have a spotter (or stand) downhill from your rig @ ALL times in case of a rollover!
I'm in for a g2g on weekday evenings or weekends... :)

- Not trying to sound like a downer Funky, just be prepared if you run there and bring your spare parts (It eats body clips, driveshafts, shock caps & rod-ends w/o a hiccup).
- Keep an eye on the water level in Millerton Lake and be ready for the actual COMP spot to surface here within the next 4-6 weeks (Usually).
> This is approx. where "we" comp & practice - Everything a Shafty or MOA can tackle - Once water levels drops to the fall/winter norm it's ON.
36.992399,-119.688674

cwneuwirth 10-05-2010 12:31 PM

Check out the CVRC Comp #2 thread in the Competition section. The comp is OCt. 17th its about 45 min outside of Merced. Takes about 2 hours from Fresno. Some of you guys have been wanting to crawl, here's your chance. PM me with any questions