Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Any crawlers in Cerritos, Ca?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Any crawlers in Cerritos, Ca?

Hey,

I'm new here and to crawling- I was wondering if anyone lives around the 562/cerritos area? Mostly a buddy and I just drive our Slashes at near by parks, but haven't found any good crawling spots. I was hoping to get together with some local crawlers and meet some new people and check out some good crawl spots.

I have a Wheely King crawler and also working on an AX10 Black Widow build that I'd like to test out as soon as it's done.

Thanks
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nobody??
Old 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm in Whittier and getting a 1.9 Scaler together
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Not sure about the 562, but in the 909 (upland, montclair area) RCP Crawlers does weekly comps. They are a great group of guys. You should go check it out and maybe meet some 562 crawlers.
RobiUSA-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobiUSA-James View Post
Not sure about the 562, but in the 909 (upland, montclair area) RCP Crawlers does weekly comps. They are a great group of guys. You should go check it out and maybe meet some 562 crawlers.
I got my SCX from Brian @ RCP and Greg let me drive his RC Crawler on the indoor setup My first time with a Rock Crawler
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I was hoping to find some people that are a little more local. But once I get my build together, I'll zoom out to RCP and check out a comp or two. I'd definitely like to give a rock comp a shot. Not sure if my build will be competition ready or even meet the rules.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Hey Mudman im here in N. Long Beach. 91 at Cherry. I grew up in Cerritos. My parents still live over there. PM me your # we can get together for some crawlin. Bob.
prdquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
goo
Rock Stacker

I'm right around the corner in cypress. It's been a while since I have used my crawler and have finally started to get it back together. I started with a wheely king as well...but the only remnants of that now are the axles. I haven't really looked around the area for good spots to crawl, and would love to find some. The only chance I get some good challenging stuff is when I go riding in the desert.

anyway, shoot me a PM and my brother and I will most likely want to do some testing on our rigs (assuming his isn't in pieces also)...i got him hooked too.
goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, we should set up a little crawl meet then. When are you guys usually free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdquik View Post
Hey Mudman im here in N. Long Beach. 91 at Cherry. I grew up in Cerritos. My parents still live over there. PM me your # we can get together for some crawlin. Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo View Post
I'm right around the corner in cypress. It's been a while since I have used my crawler and have finally started to get it back together. I started with a wheely king as well...but the only remnants of that now are the axles. I haven't really looked around the area for good spots to crawl, and would love to find some. The only chance I get some good challenging stuff is when I go riding in the desert.

anyway, shoot me a PM and my brother and I will most likely want to do some testing on our rigs (assuming his isn't in pieces also)...i got him hooked too.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

If you dont mind driving a little look around for post by fellow OCRCRC or SOCALRCRC members. We are crawling about every weekend somewhere.
towtruckmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by towtruckmikey View Post
If you dont mind driving a little look around for post by fellow OCRCRC or SOCALRCRC members. We are crawling about every weekend somewhere.
I will do that.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by towtruckmikey View Post
Keep us posted
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Check in the Orange County section, I know a couple of guys are going to Corona Del Mar this weekend. As for myself, I will be at RCX all weekend.
towtruckmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Long Beach

Mudman, I'm here in Long Beach (east side), near the 605 & Willow. I found a nice place in Seal Beach at the end of 1st Street by the jetty. $3 for 2 hr. parking and some nice rocks.
Attached Images

Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
Mudman, I'm here in Long Beach (east side), near the 605 & Willow. I found a nice place in Seal Beach at the end of 1st Street by the jetty. $3 for 2 hr. parking and some nice rocks.
that looks like a great spot. My build is now 3 months in the making due to getting sidetracked every other day.

My last step is getting my dig unit setup and all will be well. I'll let you know when my car is done, probably the end of the month.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #16

Hey guys,
I am new to crawling too. I live over in buena park/cypress area. I am trying to find some good places to crawl too. Seal beach looks fun.
I was driving by the cerritos town center the other day, looks like they have several large rock formations in the landscaping. Has anyone tried crawling over there?

Has anyone found any other places around here to go.

I have a axial ax10 rig with an x-trail frame.
jedikniht7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

i am next door to u. i crawl across from best buy, and a few other local places. sounds good for a small gt
Jokerrw is offline   Reply With Quote