Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: R/C rock crawler stores in CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default R/C rock crawler stores in CA

I am looking for a comp crawler, and would like to travel to an actual store, talk to people that know what they're doing and buy a crawler. Probably isn't possible anymore, however, I'm Old School. (I even pay with cash and not credit cards) weird, I know. Ron
PS, I live in the lower central california area. Closest town is Bakersfield.
blckgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #2

Not very local, but we're down in Ventura. We're all into rockcrawling (comp, scale and 1:1). We do alot of mainstream crawlers, but we don't know everything about full comp and MOA crawlers. On top of that we're friendly and still accept cash!
RichieOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Do you carry Berg's, or Bully's in stock, or some of the "hard core parts" links and CNC'd parts? My sister lives over in that area Ojai, or somthing like that. Would make a nice "Road Trip" (I'm retired) Thanks, Ron
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #4

We have a Bully in stock, along with an XR, a few RTC's, Scalers, and Nightcrawlers.
RichieOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hobby town concord ca seems like a great place for berg parts and he even has a course set up but never been there i live in wisconson

Last edited by kasper; 03-05-2011 at 11:12 PM.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Hobby town concord ca seems like a great place for berg parts and he even has a course set up but never been there i live in wisconson
Hobby town concord is located in the bay area (nor-cal), so it looks to be far away from him...
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgnx View Post
Do you carry Berg's, or Bully's in stock, or some of the "hard core parts" links and CNC'd parts? My sister lives over in that area Ojai, or somthing like that. Would make a nice "Road Trip" (I'm retired) Thanks, Ron
Another option is to find a local RCRC club/group, check their comp/GTG schedule and meet up with them.
Having a club member running something you are interested in means you have "sorta local" support as well as a LHS.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Charlie III,
Yeh, I tried that with out to much success. Looks like Rock Crawling is right in there with the rest of R/C. Everything is pointed toward the "Big Guy" instead of the "Newbies". I've been doing R/C for over 30 years and have seen differant facets come and go. When I ask a question, or how much, and get an answer like "How much ya got"? We're killing ourselves. This Rock Crawling is new to me and looks to be the most exciteing sport yet, just gonna have to find the right place. Thanks, Ron
Old 03-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgnx View Post
Charlie III,
Yeh, I tried that with out to much success. Looks like Rock Crawling is right in there with the rest of R/C. Everything is pointed toward the "Big Guy" instead of the "Newbies". I've been doing R/C for over 30 years and have seen differant facets come and go. When I ask a question, or how much, and get an answer like "How much ya got"? We're killing ourselves. This Rock Crawling is new to me and looks to be the most exciteing sport yet, just gonna have to find the right place. Thanks, Ron
I've in various RC stuff a bit longer than you, having a good local shop really helps.
I am new to crawling, my son started it last year & got me into it, but the local club (GSRCRC) has been great for support as well as our club site & this one.
Maybe a local crawling guy can recommend a local shop that will be a good fit for you.
Good luck.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #10
no talent hack

If you want to make a trip down to San Diego I can help you get started. I will even bring my comp trucks and scalers for you to drive seeing as I have about one of everything. I will also be going to Edwards at the end of April for a second job interview if you don't mind waiting. There is also the so cal rcrc club that does comps in the high desert. I usually attend those and can get you going then
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote