Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Humboldt Scalers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Humboldt Scalers

I thought I would start a thread to see if there are any more guys in this area that want to run their scalers or crawlers. I just moved up here and already found three other cool guys to run with, so if you want to come out watch this thread or post up something that you are doing. Anyway here are some pictures from yesterday, we had a little GTG/ Comp. in Fortuna.
Attached Images

Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

WOW two posts, here are a few more pictures.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

That didnt take long Bill 1 month and you got your first gtg under your belt, cool location
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

nice area, good to see you found some "scaler fags" to hang with in your new area, gotta love axial.

can you tell me what those round yellow things are for, and where did you find some of parkers original G6 course markers. oh yeah they were red and yellow, with red on the right. lol

do you guys have a lhs nearby for parts and service or are you pretty much on your own for info.

good luck guys and use this thread as much as possible.

John
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
nice area, good to see you found some "scaler fags" to hang with in your new area, gotta love axial.

can you tell me what those round yellow things are for, and where did you find some of parkers original G6 course markers. oh yeah they were red and yellow, with red on the right. lol

do you guys have a lhs nearby for parts and service or are you pretty much on your own for info.

good luck guys and use this thread as much as possible.

John
Thanks John and James,Ace Hardware for the flags and I will have to get some yellow ones. There is a hobby shop in Eureka but I havent had a chance to check it out yet. I have just been getting my stuff from RPP hobby. Belive it or not they think Iam the guru of information, scarey huh. Anyway a great bunch of guys to comp. with and Iam sure it will grow, had a couple guys checking us out Sunday . And you are correct got to love Axial for what they have done for scale RCs.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

OK we had another GTG today waiting for pictures, come on Curtis or Kyle get those pictures up. This place is too cool, ten mins. from the house and so many options.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

We did a little work on our trucks yesterday, too much rain to be outdoors. This is my nephew Kyles F-350 and my Yota build. These are the first hard-bodies for both of us they are pretty cool to work on I hope they will perform like a Lexan body on the rocks.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good Bill, hard bodys are really nice but your rig has to be set up really well to compensate for the weight gain up top
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

That is what I have heard James, also no more slinking around rocks when the Lexan gives way. I have always wanted to try a hardbody out but really dont really think they work as well. There are so many cool Lexan bodies out if you really search for them. I have a few they I would like to try after this one. James could you keepme in the loop about the Scale efvent you guys are planning later this year , it is one I would like to make? Thanks Bill
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Ill keep you posted. I's so hard trying to cordinate a date with all the other club events and comps
Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
That is what I have heard James, also no more slinking around rocks when the Lexan gives way. I have always wanted to try a hardbody out but really dont really think they work as well. There are so many cool Lexan bodies out if you really search for them. I have a few they I would like to try after this one. James could you keepme in the loop about the Scale efvent you guys are planning later this year , it is one I would like to make? Thanks Bill
Bill rigs are lookin good We actually have a few big events happening before the west coast and after the west coast so me or James well keep you posted for sure and hope to see you soon.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #12

Thanks to rccrawler my profile is fixed i can finally post! And Thanks to bill ive been bitten by the scale bug, its a blast so much fun building them into your own unique rig. The scale spot in Rohnerville park in fortuna is awsome so many different things you can do, the terrain is just like what you would driveing on if you were out four wheeling.

Thats a nice silver tacoma too!
Chammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chammers View Post
Thanks to rccrawler my profile is fixed i can finally post! And Thanks to bill ive been bitten by the scale bug, its a blast so much fun building them into your own unique rig. The scale spot in Rohnerville park in fortuna is awsome so many different things you can do, the terrain is just like what you would driveing on if you were out four wheeling.

Thats a nice silver tacoma too!
Iam glad you guys got your profiles fixed, and for "newbies" you both drive and build like a veteran RC guy. Lets get together this week for some run time. Ha Ha I knew when you and Kyle were watching the MSD vid. you where hooked.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

bunch of scaler fags , way to go bill.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #15

Default GTG in the Redwoods

Heres the pictures of our GTG in the Humboldt Redwoods.
Attached Images

Hammers Honco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #16

Default Finished The Body!!

The new F-350 body. And custom solid winch bumper What do you think?
Attached Images

Hammers Honco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Looking good guys. Way to go Bill, one of these days will have to make a trek up that way I may be back on to MT, buddy called me to ask if I wanted to run to Calgary every week
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #18

the f_350 turned out sweet! its nice to have another different rig in the field for feed back, now we just need a toyota hilux to show up!
Chammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Sweeet, nice pictures guys and yes the F-350 does look good. Ha Ha yeah the Yota will show up before too long, I dont thinlk it has ever taken me this long to build a rig. Good deal Martin man I hope you can do MSD in May, it looks like quite a few Calif. guys are going.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Rainy day today, got alot done. Some body work and the electronics hooked up.
Attached Images