RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/587981-any-one-crawling-los-angeles.html)

626crawler 08-05-2017 04:46 PM

Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES?

What's up guys! looking for local crawlers and spots in L a any info will help thanks. I have 1 Ecx Barrage 1 Vaterra Ascender.

luisfdt 02-14-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Any one crawling in LOS ANGELES?

hey man I'm building my first crawler next month, and will be setting up a track in my back yard, so if youre up to travel to whittier you are welcome to come! send me a message so we can keep in touch, I notice theres a lot of guys in LA by themself so it would be really cool to have a spot. If people are up for it, my place can be the spot!

jessedacri 02-14-2019 06:26 PM

I'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a TRX4 and hacking away at it - I'm in LA as well.

Just need to swallow the initial cost of buy in and i'm in. Would love to rip some trails with a few other trucks.

The whole reason I wanted to get back into RC (I've been out of it for 7+ years) and go the crawler route is because there's so much vertical terrain out here. I live right next to Elysian Park for quick runs, and then I've got a lot of places in mind up in the Angeles National Forest that seem to be begging for a crawl. Just cruise up the 2 from La Canada Flintridge - Switzer Falls has a nice rocky creek and trails, all the way up to Mt Wilson and Snowcrest for some more extreme terrain.

818chris 03-07-2019 03:05 AM

I’m in the La Canada area and take my truck out all the time. Recently I’ve been going up ach to the snow and down by jpl there is a creek side trail. The truck is a blast at both. I’ve also been doing some night crawling around the area since installing some lights on my trx4. If you’re ever taking your truck out or would like to come along just shoot me a message.

jessedacri 03-09-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 818chris (Post 5915986)
I’m in the La Canada area and take my truck out all the time. Recently I’ve been going up ach to the snow and down by jpl there is a creek side trail. The truck is a blast at both. I’ve also been doing some night crawling around the area since installing some lights on my trx4. If you’re ever taking your truck out or would like to come along just shoot me a message.

I've been going up the 2 pretty much every other day and crawling at Switzer Falls since the ACH has been closed at Mt Wilson with that rockslide situation, although the water flow has been insane the last few days. I was crossing at a typically shallow point and the truck got swept downstream and got caught fully submerged until I could climb out there and grab it, haha. I did try and take Big Tujunga the other day to find a new spot but the terrain was a bit too extreme and I was running out of light. Sucks I didn't see this sooner but I'll definitely shoot you a message next time I'm up there!

I did Little Tujunga Canyon Road today (further west, entering at Osborne Rd off the 210) and found a nice rocky trail climb over at the picnic area where that ranger station is (something bear picnic area). Left unsatisfied and ended up at Vasquez Rocks and had an absolute blast, again ran out of light but if you haven't been up there it's like a crawling Mecca - I can't wait to go back.

Couple pics from the day below. Bronco body is getting so beat up but still looks nice in photos!

https://i.imgur.com/HDS57kD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0QgLXpB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wYESg6V.jpg

Damatheus 05-05-2019 10:07 PM

El Modena Open Space is really really good crawling. It's pretty spread out but there are some gems. Be prepared to hike several hours along the course of the paths.

Corona Del Mar is also pretty close and the Rocky beach area is excellent.

I'm down in Oceanside so don't get up to LA often, but when I do it's one of those two.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Browneye 05-06-2019 08:52 AM

All of the local groups and comps are announced on facebook. Active local clubs you can search for:
Renegade Rock Runners
LA RC crawlers
Crazy Crawlers
Creep N' Crawlers

We hit Corona Del Mar rocks most weekends - I don't think I've been there when there wasn't at least a few other crawlers there.
the local clubs are great, nice bunch of enthusiasts, with some kind of an event by one of these groups almost every weekend.

Be sure to come up to Apple Valley for Proline by the Fire event coming up May 18. It's an annual even that will likely draw over 400 participants this year.

fakejk 05-13-2019 08:49 PM

I haven't been in the scene for a bit myself, but I'm in thousand oaks near Marty's hobbies. They have an indoor crawl area. Tons of hills by my place too. Used to crawl in Vasquez rocks alot. Just finishing prepping my scx10.

bmxbryant09 09-15-2019 11:05 PM

Hello, I'm down in LA for work this week and brought my crawler. Where are some good places to go? I'm staying near elysian park. I was thinking Griffith park but I'm not sure where to park or where the good crawl spots are?

Damatheus 09-16-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxbryant09 (Post 5962659)
Hello, I'm down in LA for work this week and brought my crawler. Where are some good places to go? I'm staying near elysian park. I was thinking Griffith park but I'm not sure where to park or where the good crawl spots are?

Go to the El Modena Open Space, or drive down to Corona Del Mar and crawl on the north side of the beach by the cliffs

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rock Dog 11-28-2019 01:13 PM

I'm in Burbank.
I have a trx-4 sport and a trx-4 G500 wagon.
nice rides, just got back into the RC world with a buddy of mine.
We usually head up to Vasquez Rocks.

Hit me up, I'll roll anywhere. Looking to go to some local competitions to check it out.

Rock Dog

Heyjayhoray 01-09-2022 11:18 AM

I just saw this new user on this page ✌️ are you still having rock crawling at your spot? I got a traxxas Ford bronco trx4

Undead Jeeper 01-09-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessedacri (Post 5916793)
Couple pics from the day below. Bronco body is getting so beat up but still looks nice in photos!

Pics 1 and 2, especially, are great examples of super realism.

#2 looks like it's 1/1 scale, no body posts visible... "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

ferp420 01-10-2022 07:50 AM

how dose that song go
"nobody crawls in la "or something like that lol

rodriguezbe23 08-15-2023 12:00 PM

So no crawling?

hnoroian 08-15-2023 10:11 PM

Crawling all over the place. Maybe not huge groups of people but a few, you came make friends. Question is La is a big area what landmark are you closest to and how far away do your want to travel?