Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Who's crawling, bashing, racing in the greater SF Bay Area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Default Who's crawling, bashing, racing in the greater SF Bay Area?

Hey all,

I'm wondering who's close by and what you're up to in the greater Bay Area. My son's Tamiya project earlier this year re-lit the RC fire for me, and I'm two rigs of my own in at this point (with at least four additional projects happening in my head).

I'm in SF, and have driven down to NorCal in SJ to try the track a couple of times now, but after building a Bomber and taking it to Axialfest, I think I'm a crawling convert (though I'd love to try some U4RC, or some Altra Ultra style races), and pretty taken by the scale modeling possibilities in trail & crawling rigs.

Besides a few links on Jake's Performance Hobbies site, I don't see a lot of local community pages, either with track & crawling spots, or meetup-style groups or clubs. I had so much fun talking and crawling with folks during my one day at Axialfest, I'm looking for whatever community exists a little closer to home.

If there's stuff out there I've missed, please point me to it. I'm good with websites and community tools, if you've got something going and want help.

While I have a half-baked idea to crawl every hilltop park in SF (Corona Heights has some nice lines), I know most good spots (and people) are going to be outside the city; any nearby suggestions would be appreciated. I'll probably drive a little further for events.

Some things on my to-do list:
- Try out the rocks near Genentech, based on the older posts here
- Bash the park in Santa Rosa
- Hopefully attend the Autism Awareness Crawl later in August

If you're local, or have local suggestions, I'm making lists!
Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #2

Default Re: Who's crawling, bashing, racing in the greater SF Bay Area?

Hey, new to the bay area as well, did you get any answers? otherwise, there would be me ! more of a basher video maker ( i like some good slow mo action videos) . My son is...well i need to wait 6/7 more years so i'm kind of on my own. Let me know if you met casual RC enthusiast would like to go bash somewhere fun !

Ronan
ronthedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Who's crawling, bashing, racing in the greater SF Bay Area?

Hey Fives, I stumbled on a video of the Crawl Space in the Denver/Colorado Springs area by a guy representing HWY 1 RC from the Pacifica area of SF. Check them out on you tube or face book. Looks like they put together some good get together's. Have fun!
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Who's crawling, bashing, racing in the greater SF Bay Area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Bay Area crawling 123nanez California 0 03-10-2015 10:02 PM
Night Crawling in Greater Sacramento area?? Sactown_Summit California 0 09-09-2013 07:33 AM
ROCK CRAWLING IS Fading out in BAY AREA dAHM.rOCK California 10 11-13-2008 05:01 PM
[SF Bay Area] A new potential crawling location on the peninsula XPLORx4 California 3 10-10-2008 06:53 PM
bay area crawling. Whos coming?sound off here+exciting news 86ss1 California 7 08-19-2004 08:10 PM