Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What would you have done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What would you have done?

I bought a single 7 cell 4700 pack from max amps last week and had it expedited to work. ($100 shipped) I got it in today and immediately i knew something was wrong. the box was twice as heavy as it should have been. I opened it up fearing they had sent me the wrong battery and instead discovered they had shipped me TWO 7 cell 4700 packs. I toyed with the idea of charging that puppy up and putting it on standby duty but i just couldn't. I e-mail alex and told him the story and he asked if i could ship it back and then have them reimburse me for the shipping. So i mailed it back to them today.

What would you have done.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Karma will get ya, so I would have done just as you did.

Called them and told them.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would have kept it and asked them how much the charge on the other was and pay them. Can't have too many batteries on hand.

Either way, the honest answer is the best answer.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

That would have been another $80. i will deal with running for 15 minutes every hour and a half if it saves me $80.

the packs are soooo nice. i would keep one on the shelf just to look at.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That's really cool of you. You did the right thing. It is rare in this day and age for someone to step up and be honest like that.

As a contrast we have a Candian customer that knows a loophoile in his chosen method of shipping, and has cheated us out of $300 in customs fees that he was actually billed for by the shipper, yet refuses to pay. And now refuses to respond to our e-mails.

Kudos to you. If everyone was honest like that we would ALL be paying lower prices on products.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yup you did he right thing props to you.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
RCC Addict

That's a very stand-up thing to do - I would have done the same.

If you kept it, you know that pack would've been like the tell-tale heart every time you ran it anyway.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
That's a very stand-up thing to do - I would have done the same.

If you kept it, you know that pack would've been like the tell-tale heart every time you ran it anyway.
haha, true. after one pack, my mamba is starting to get warm anyway. I bet one day i would have grabbed that battery and slapped it in, only to let the ghost out of my motor. alex said they might be able to offer a discount on my next purchase so hopefully i can scrape my pennies together and get that hyperion 6 AC/DC i have my eye on.

i'm glad you guys agree. all the guys i work with said it was their mistake and my gain. when your conscience starts eating you up, there isn't much you can do.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

You should have kept the batt. and made them reimburse you for the extra shipping fees from the extra weight

You did the right thing though
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Kurt, that was the most rightest thing to do. Hats off to you, honesty goes a long why.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I agree honesty is best, but I would've went the other way and just payed for the second pack. If one is good, then two...
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Kept it then sold the other one here!

Na that woud be messed up I would of did the same and sent it back it shows your a honest person what ever that is now adays. Hopefully they will keep there word and hook you up on your next item.
Dragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Agreed, karma...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
That's really cool of you. You did the right thing. It is rare in this day and age for someone to step up and be honest like that.

As a contrast we have a Candian customer that knows a loophoile in his chosen method of shipping, and has cheated us out of $300 in customs fees that he was actually billed for by the shipper, yet refuses to pay. And now refuses to respond to our e-mails.

Kudos to you. If everyone was honest like that we would ALL be paying lower prices on products.
Wasn't me, honest We Canadians are generally good people, really!

Seriously though, as noted here, screwing over a vendor/dealer/lhs etc. just means higher prices for the rest of us, and yourself in the future. Good on ya for doing the right thing.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i once had a complete set of QA1 12 way adjustable billet coilover shocks delivered to me out of the blue. that fit a guess what? yep a 98-02 Camaro..... would have bolted right up. god damn that was some SERIOUS cash sitting there.
i drooled over them for a day or two and emailed them and a couple days later UPS stop by and picked them up. had to say goodbye.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i once had a complete set of QA1 12 way adjustable billet coilover shocks delivered to me out of the blue. that fit a guess what? yep a 98-02 Camaro..... would have bolted right up. god damn that was some SERIOUS cash sitting there.
i drooled over them for a day or two and emailed them and a couple days later UPS stop by and picked them up. had to say goodbye.
Yup similar here. I had just finished building my bike a couple years ago and a package arrived from the wheel manufacturer. A brand new set of chrome plated Performance Machine wheels sitting on my front porch. Roughly $3000 worth of wheels. Never even opened the boxes. They were on their way to the rightful owner the next day.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #17
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Funny you say that Killa, QA1 is a block from my office. When I bought some they wouldn't sell to the public. SO I get online, contact Tybrnemotorsports buy them and walk in with a pick-up slip. Best thing, I paid no sales tax, and the Ty didn't pay shipping. Silly people, GOOD shocks.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I've had it happen, anytime it was something small, stores said, nah keep it.

If it was big they wanted it and were excited I called, one even gave me a nice gift card for my honesty.

I don't believe in Karma or religion, but I do believe in the fact I want to live my life fair and honest...even if the rest of the world disagrees!
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Karma will get ya, so I would have done just as you did.

Called them and told them.
Exaclty, Especially with the guys at MaxAmps, been in r/c over 25 years and they are the only vendor to ever send me a handwritten card to say "Thanks for your business"
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

No question you did the right thing.

Funny story: last summer I was at Wal-Mart buying a fan for my desk. Picked one I liked, paid, and went home. Opened the box. No fan in the box, but there was about $500 worth of video games stuffed in there Well fawk, those won't keep me cool. I head back to Wally World and plonk the box down on the return counter, with the receipt. The chick asks if there's a problem with the fan. "Oh, yeah, big problem. Open the box." You should have seen the
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote