Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Classified's rules...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #1

Default Classified's rules...

While I understand the reasoning behind the rules on the classifieds section, I find that it makes very little sense to block new members from seeing the full classifieds section. New people to the site are often looking for a way to get into the sport and not everyone has the money to go out and buy new stuff. After discussing things in the tech parts of the forums, we are ready to go out and find new things for our crawlers, and the classifieds section is where the old guys sell off the stuff they are either growing out of or want to change from. These items could be bought by the new guys so they too could learn, and it would be easier for people to sell things too since a large portion of the buyers for their items are people new to the forum, possibly new to crawling.

I didn't mean this as a complaint fest, just a suggestion. I bought a crawler from someone for under $500, and it might have run me closer to $1000 if I had to get all the upgrades new. And now I'm looking for more upgrades, but on this forum I have to post another 23 posts, or pay to be a member.

I think that this policy might also encourage people to post things that are either not necessary or not relevant, just so they can get their post count up. And 30 days with 30 posts OR a $$charge doesn't necessarily do anything to curb misuse.

My $.02
austinquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

$20 and you can get into the "bargin" bin. If we dont do this, we will have people signing up just to sell there crap on here. With it like it is, now only the crawler guys can sell there crap. Besides, if you going to spend $500 on a crawler, why not spend the extra $20 and support this site.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Classifieds

* You cannot see the entire classifieds section until you meet these qualifications:
* Be a member of the site for at least 30 days.
and
* Have a minimum of 30 posts.
or
* Purchase a star to support the site. See below.
* If you try to get your 30 posts in one day with saying "cool truck" in 30 different threads we will notice it, delete your posts, and give you an infraction.
* Do not put for sale or want ads in your signature.
* Do not put for sale or want ads in the tech sections.
* There are stickies describing the rules of for sale and wanted posts, read them or your ad will be deleted.
* Chit chatting in the Feedback section will result in a permanent removal form the classifieds.

Seems like the rules that have been in place for some time now WORK. IF you plan to make this a hobby and spend time here learning, building and generally hanging out... then $20 for a year is worth it. Unless you want everything for free. Not to mention the added perks for paying Badger to be your friend.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

right but the way we look at it here is that in most cases if someone takes the time to read into a bunch of peoples projects and respond with some good tech whether it be questions or suggestions, then the more they will actually care for the site. People that come here just to scam for the most part wont go through and try to get the time and posts. It would be a waste to them and they would move on to somewhere else to scam people. Since these rules have gone into effect there has been a big drop in people getting ripped off. Not saying that the problem disappeared with the new rules but it has gone down.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinquattro View Post
And now I'm looking for more upgrades, but on this forum I have to post another 23 posts, or pay to be a member.

IMy $.02
What, you can't see the Vendors forum and purchase from vendors? That's where you'll find the newest upgrades.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I agree with the 30 days /posts to post an ad. I'm sure it does cut down on scammers and I think there is nothing wrong with expecting a little more from people that are looking to make money. I pay to post stuff on ebay, autotrader or in the newspapaper so that makes sense.

Not letting new guys see what is for sale doesn't make sense to me though. Unless it's just to get new people to spend $20.

I'd rather it be $20 a year or you can't post for sale ads, ever, but you can always see what is for sale regardless of who you are.

Oh and don't forget once you get a star you can enter the giveaways. I already made my $20 back.

Last edited by Locked Up; 08-18-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #7

Why does everybody whine about this. JEEZ.
MOCRAWLERSCHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm SOOOO glad the that the rules are the way they are. I like this rule for a few reasons. One, all you have to do is buy a star to see it, and I believe that if you use the site frequently and believe in it, you should support it anyway. Now for the way the rule is, I like it for a few reasons. It keeps people from coming on just to sell stuff, and from people coming on just to scam the members here. Also, it allows you to get to know a person before you buy from them, and also it shows that the person generally has interest in the site other than just to try and con someone.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I dont agree with no posting in the thread, but I'm really glad you have to have been signed up for a while of at least have made a few useful posts to get access. Scammers suck.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I like the way the classified section is set-up, it's cut and dry .No useless post in ever thread and everyone looking for the daily bump. If you spend time on some other BIG boards like a rc tech board then you will see the problems they have,you post something for sale and in 1hr it's pushed to the 3rd page,and l have never been burnt here, cant say that for other boards, Mods keep up the good work. Best $20 bucks I've spent. Lots of chances to win
upnover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
Who's your Daddy-0!

Why do you people fuss over supporting a kick ass site for $20?????? And the way the rules are set up you could see the ad's the first day if you just post up in the forums 30 times! It's not that hard. 30 post.....in other word just get involved! It is a privilege that we even have a classifieds section for free!!! They could be like everyone else and charge a percentage to buy and sell. Just get over it, support the site and but a star
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

He's saying he thinks newbs should be able to SEE the for sale section, not post there. I can't argue with that so long as newbs can't post for sale stuff for the 30/30.

Making 30 posts your first day for most new people will mean they post 30 useless posts. I'd rather it be 30/30 to sell and 0/0 to see.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #13

I appreciate the input, and I wasn't complaining as much as making a suggestion. But I see the other points. And yes, I will look to the vendors, but the other stuff is good too! I will buy the star and I agree with supporting the site, I just thought I saw a little "glitch" and thought I would mention it, that's all.
austinquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
He's saying he thinks newbs should be able to SEE the for sale section, not post there. I can't argue with that so long as newbs can't post for sale stuff for the 30/30.

Making 30 posts your first day for most new people will mean they post 30 useless posts. I'd rather it be 30/30 to sell and 0/0 to see.
Scammers can be sellers or buyers. That's why it is how it is.
The number of scammer complaints is much less since we implemented this rule. At least from what I have seen.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Scammers can be sellers or buyers. That's why it is how it is.
The number of scammer complaints is much less since we implemented this rule. At least from what I have seen.
How are/were people scamming by buying stuff?

...other than the obvious of a bad check or the Nigerian scams?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
How are/were people scamming by buying stuff?

...other than the obvious of a bad check or the Nigerian scams?

Some guys would offer a trade and then never ship anything. Sometimes they would offer to send a MO but never do it.

Scammers like this would take advantage of sellers who would ship out their stuff right away.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #17
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Not to mention the added perks for paying Badger to be your friend.
I didn't know that is what the money went for. Hell I'm getting screwed.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #18
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

Some guys would offer a trade and then never ship anything. Sometimes they would offer to send a MO but never do it.

Scammers like this would take advantage of sellers who would ship out their stuff right away.
I can't imagine ever shipping something without getting payment first.

As far as the trade stuff, that sucks. I can see people getting screwed on that but that's why I don't do trades unless it's in person or they are willing to also do a paypal $ trade at the same time. Keeps em honest