Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Maybe make a Truggy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Maybe make a Truggy...

First post for me, new to the crawling/custom-fab scene, but i've got experience welding/brazing/soldering and all that. I was into R/C for a while, but recently (with the intro of this site) decided to look back into it. I've been out of the loop for close to 5 years now or so. I've got an old RS4 Rally and an Ofna HODR 1/8th buggy layin around still. Since looking at this, i've noticed right away I don't have the makings for a crawler, so i was just thinking tonight, maybe a tube chassis designed around the 1/8th inner workings, 4wd, independent all the way around, and fast. Would be pretty sweet as a truggy-style buggy i thought. Anyone else think it'd work? I'm gonna either build an entire chassis for it, or just a body to bolt onto the existing aluminum plate all of it currently sits on using some of the existing holes.
Zapper2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

you wouldnt be able to make it an outstanding crawler unless you locked the axles and four linked it. but, you could make a kick *** all purpose with independent susp. if you can build it clean and strong with independent, go for it. some of the full size rigs use it.

i think I.S. would make a very capable rock racer though. something to bash though different lines that a normal crawler.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Drop an e-maxx tranny into the buggy, and it might be possible. Or sell both and pick up a cheaper clod...
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by radishkid
Drop an e-maxx tranny into the buggy, and it might be possible. Or sell both and pick up a cheaper clod...

I thought about that, but to sell them I'd lose my ***, just as anything else it seems. I also thought, build the frame, and buy the individual parts, but that seems kinda difficult too.

Watched a bit of a CORE race tonight and got me thinking even more about this damn truggy. Granted those were trucks, but the 4wd buggies that run the desert races are pretty sweet looking IMO. I may have to do it once i get some stuff done to my FS rig.
Zapper2003 is offline   Reply With Quote