Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Show us your scoots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Show us your scoots

gonna be buyin another harley soon i sold my bobbed 72 ironhead last year to pay some bills and have regretted it ever since, the only good to come of it is now the wife wants something we can ride together as my bob was a solo bike im lookin along the lines of a heritage, or even a road king..so im lookin opinions, pics and personal experiences with these bikes before i go to the dealer..thanks guys
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

well, here are my babies that I had to get rid of last spring. The economy took a dump wife lost her job and rather than losing my house or other vehicles, I opted to regrefully get rid of the bikes.
Here are my 2002 Heritage Softail Classic and my 2002 Road King Classic
Heritage was dropped 2" in the front and 2" in the rear, CHROME EVERYTHING, cept for the swingarm and caliper in the rear. My King was dropped 1.5" in front and 2" in the rear. CHROME EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!! My wife had her own scoot so I was able to be a SOLO only guy! I really miss both of my bikes, but I will have another very soon. Well at least as soon as my wife gets out of medical school now!

jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I had the Roadie first bought it back in 04 and I gave really grown to love that bike. Smooth riding, incredible handling and looks to kill. The touring bikes handle A LOT better than the softails or dynas. Its just the geometry and suspension that gives you a feeling of confidence while riding. The softail IMO was the better looking bike though. I could not go anywhere with that bike without getting compliments on it. In case you couldn't tell p, I like the old school look. And lots of chrome. I had a set o Andrews came in the Roadie and some S&S gear drives in the softail. The Roadie made more power but the softtail was a bit quicker. If I had to get another bike in the near future. I'd probably get another softail. I am not much of a long trip rider as much as I am a bar Hopper. The softails great looks and classic styling just did it for me.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

05 Harley Davidson Electraglide Classic
Black Cherry
Ultra Lowers
Andrews 26 cams
High Volume Oilpump
Screaming Eagle Stage 1 intake
Screaming Eagle pro series race tuner
The older (better and louder sounding) SE slip ons
Lowering Rear shocks
Soon to add
95 kit and laced wheels with WW tires

Crappy pic below

Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

those are some sweet rides guys
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post

i think i just met the new owner of this the other day. looks just like the one in the picture i saw. he's a security guard at PNC bank
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Not a Harley but here is my baby... 2007 KTM superduke

Only pic I could find at the moment
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
i think i just met the new owner of this the other day. looks just like the one in the picture i saw. he's a security guard at PNC bank
He lives in Indianapolis. He has to call me about once every month or two just to tell me how much he like it! LOL!! Gotta call just to rub it in!!! :-(

I especially miss this bike! Made me sick the day that he drove it home.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
0 0

Quote:
He lives in Indianapolis. He has to call me about once every month or two just to tell me how much he like it! LOL!! Gotta call just to rub it in!!! :-(

I especially miss this bike! Made me sick the day that he drove it home.
yep don't think its the same guy. this guy is wanting to sell it.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Ahh, The guy that bought it from me had EXPLICIT instructions about selling the bike. I told him that if one day ever came that he decided to sell the bike that he was obligated to call me first as i'd probably buy it back from him. Even though I cant really afford to buy it back right now, I'd somehow find a way!

Yah, probably was a different guy then. That heritage is a true ONE OF A KIND. Custom Tan Alligator skin seat. Skull bolt caps on EVERY SINGLE BOLT ON THE BIKE! Engraved and jeweled tank and fender bibs. Screamin eagle FatBoy handlebars with molded in tach. You would remember it if you seen it in person! The pics dont do it any justice at all!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Metrics allowed in here?

I sold this one to get the one below.
2003 Roadstar Silverado
V&H Long Shots w/ rejetted carb
K&N air filter
Front crash bar
98k miles when I sold it. New owner calls me every once in a while to say it's still going at 104k...

With the above bike being so reliable (the 98k miles to proved it) I had to get another one.
2003 Roadstar Silverado "Silver Edition" 959/1600
V&H Long Shots w/ rejetted carb
K&N air filter
All parts to make it a full dresser
16k miles and counting. It had 12k when I got it about a year ago.

I still want to lower the rear of this one a bit. Being only 5'7" my leg is awful close to the pipes with both feet on the ground.

FROADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Hey, that Roadstar on the top look just like my old one! I had a 2001 Roadstar 1600 that was that black/pewter color. Super nice bike with a TON of low end power! The Roadstar is another metric that I would not be afraid to get back on at all! I had 0 problems with mine and it looked great to boot. But IMO once you go harley, its hard to go back to anything else.

Sweet bikes!!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
RCC Addict

My wife like riding on the back of this for short distances! I just have to yell to her to syand up every so often for sharp bumps. Have have riden it long distances a couple of time and it isn't bad.

Lets see some pics of your old bike. Not sure how old you are but i am in my twenty's. My Dad always tells me "Man, that thing looks awsome but it rides like SHIT!"
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Thanks.

That low end power is what I really like about these bikes.

All the guys I ride with are on Harleys, and I've ridden all of them. An '03 Heritage, '05 Road King, '07 Electraglide, '09 Fatboy and a few others. While I like them, I have to say I can't see spending more than double what I did for mine on any of them. My bike is comfortable, reliable and looks good enough for me. Plus people that don't know bikes, think it's a Harley anyway, since it's shiny and loud.

I think the only Harley I would get is a chopped out Sportster (remeber I'm short ) as a second bike, for small weekend rides to the bars. Otherwise I really like the ride of the Roadstar.

BTW, I'm really digging the '02 Heritage you had. Sharp looking bike!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
My wife like riding on the back of this for short distances! I just have to yell to her to syand up every so often for sharp bumps. Have have riden it long distances a couple of time and it isn't bad.

Lets see some pics of your old bike. Not sure how old you are but i am in my twenty's. My Dad always tells me "Man, that thing looks awsome but it rides like SHIT!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROADER View Post
I think the only Harley I would get is a chopped out Sportster (remeber I'm short ) as a second bike, for small weekend rides to the bars.
Shit, just like that!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROADER View Post
Thanks.

Plus people that don't know bikes, think it's a Harley anyway, since it's shiny and loud.

BTW, I'm really digging the '02 Heritage you had. Sharp looking bike!
Thanks! i really miss that bike! Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. I'm 30 yrs old and have been into bikes since I was 14. That was my 8th bike!

And yeah, about that shiny and loud thing. Most people would never know the difference. But when you spend that much money to sound and look like a Harley, You know you really want a Harley! LOL!! Back when i had my RoadStar, I spend A LOT of money on that bike getting it to look and sound like a Harley, but as much as I convinced myself that it sounded and felt like a Harley. I'd still get a wake up call when i'd pull up at a stoplight next to a Harley, and I could feel its exhaust vibrations over the vibrations my bike was making and that sound can NOT be reproduced from ANY metric cruiser. Once you own one, You'll understand. After years of riding a metric cruiser Harley Copycat. A big smile was on my face when I finally had the HD sound and feel, and I knew that it was real. I was no longer trying to make it sound and look like one.

But the Yamaharleys are great bikes and if for some reason I don't see myself being able to afford another HD in the future, I'll definitely be getting a Yamahog!

Last edited by jcboof; 02-23-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

well im diggin tryin to find pics of the bob here was my first bike in high school 98 suzuki marauder not bad bike sounded great with the cobra pipes ill try and find pics of the harley and post those also

Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks! i really miss that bike! Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. I'm 30 yrs old and have been into bikes since I was 14. That was my 8th bike!

And yeah, about that shiny and loud thing. Most people would never know the difference. But when you spend that much money to sound and look like a Harley, You know you really want a Harley! LOL!! Back when i had my RoadStar, I spend A LOT of money on that bike getting it to look and sound like a Harley, but as much as I convinced myself that it sounded and felt like a Harley. I'd still get a wake up call when i'd pull up at a stoplight next to a Harley, and I could feel its exhaust vibrations over the vibrations my bike was making and that sound can NOT be reproduced from ANY metric cruiser. Once you own one, You'll understand. After years of riding a metric cruiser Harley Copycat. A big smile was on my face when I finally had the HD sound and feel, and I knew that it was real. I was no longer trying to make it sound and look like one.

But the Yamaharleys are great bikes and if for some reason I don't see myself being able to afford another HD in the future, I'll definitely be getting a Yamahog!
7k total into this bike.

Yeah, I'm 33 and this Silver Star is only my 2nd "cruiser" but my 9th bike. I was big into the dual sport thing (have been riding MX forever) for a while until I got that first Roadstar. I'm looking for a DRZ SM to mess around on. I miss running around on the dual sports.

I work for Cycle News magazine, so I get to ride everything that comes out. I'm actually riding the BMW GS 800 to work and back this week. There are so many good bikes out there now, it's ridiculous.

Oh, and wrx-n-ktm, those Superdukes are fun bikes!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

ok the wifes diggin through mem. cards for pics let me say this is NOT my bike BUT the only few diffs between this ride and mine where i had wires, and old school black paint with the cream teardrop on the tank oh and a tractor seat on springs
Old 02-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Completely other end of the spectrum but tons of fun!!!
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote