Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: took a buddy out crawlin...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default took a buddy out crawlin...

long storey short, been sick the last few days so decided to stay home from work and take it easy. Went over to my buddies place and decided to take the crawlers, i have one built as a bring a friend out / basher rig, ax10 artr, rooser, 55t, hitech radio, pretty basic stuff. well any way he had a blast playin with the thing, but even more so his kid (16months) had a great time watchin these things / as best he could running after them. so his wife being as cool as she was sugested they get one.. after a bit of talkin me and my buddy came to an agree ment that he could buy mine, and help he get a decent rig for a decent price.

so im thinking im gonna build a short corse style truck, somthing that will go fast/ jump and all that good stuff. im tired of breaking my crawlers makeing them do things they shouldnt lol.

but my only real RCs have been crawlers, so im a little lost on what would be a good starting platform. iv always liked the Slash, and now with the 4wd its even more tempting to get one, tones of parts and replacments and at even better prices.

is there any other modles that i should be looking at for a first fast off road RC? mean i know there is lots, but like crawling theres is the good, decent and bad modles. also does the 4x4 version come as just a rolller? every thing i have found is r2r, but i dont need the radio, esc, etc etc

any incite would be appreciated, and now im off to the short course forum for some more reading

Last edited by ultimate_monkey; 04-29-2010 at 04:16 PM.
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I have not seen any 2wd ARTR SC trucks. The Slash is a great platform. I also like the HPI Blitz as well. The AE SC10 is nice, but not recommended as a basher because they tend to be little less durable.

For 4WD, the Slash 4x4 comes in the Platinum version as an ARTR. Both OFNA cars, Hyper 10 and SCRT10 are ARTR. I have the SCRT10 and it's very durable.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I think if you want cheap 2wd SCT action, the Blitz is the best IMO. I have 2 of them and they have been pretty rock solid.

I also have a SCRT10 for my 4wd one... usually the person with the least ability ends up driving the 4wd and then I have the 2 Blitzs and 2 Strikes for the more experienced friends.... I don't recommend the strikes no matter how cheap you can find them...

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonshark View Post
I think if you want cheap 2wd SCT action, the Blitz is the best IMO. I have 2 of them and they have been pretty rock solid.

I also have a SCRT10 for my 4wd one... usually the person with the least ability ends up driving the 4wd and then I have the 2 Blitzs and 2 Strikes for the more experienced friends.... I don't recommend the strikes no matter how cheap you can find them...

SS

i just like the idea of the 4wd so i can toss some street drift tires on it and go make a hostle take over at the drift meets and i never said i wanted cheap :p im to far into this hobby now to care about $ lol.

thanks for the input so far guys, gonna hit up the LHS and check out what trucks they have, nothing better then looking over a truck in person, i can ready all i want but hard to form on opinion on reading what others think
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
i can ready all i want but hard to form on opinion on reading what others think
Especially with sentences like that one.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Especially with sentences like that one.

i m wut my lokal sitty folk kall lern-ed

piss... im mean ps