Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: scammer story.. need input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default scammer story.. need input

Long story short , a trade agreement was set . Ship the same day and priority (i even let the guy keep the 30.00 that he said he would throw in to sweeten the deal, to help him with shipping). I print a shipping label through paypal. I come up with another Item he was more intrested in trading, so we agree on another item , I cancel my paypal shipping label stop the package at the postoffice ( just dropped it off an hour before) repack new trade Item print shipping label. I dont hear from the guy for a day and a half , he calls at close to midnight and says he got an eviction notice and had 2 days to move out and would get in in the mail tomorrow. day three dont hear anyhting till 4pm . finally get a call with a legit tracking number. I go to the post office and happend to use the old paypal shipping lable that I previously cancled. The lady was holding the box knowing that Im am down there shipping or picking up stuff DAILY. I decide to hold my package after seeing several post , granted older post , but still several post of him being a scammer with several different online names all linking to his real name , the one on my package. Am I right to hold my stuff till my Item arrives. it should be here tues-wed according to tracking. I never had a bad feedback on over 200 sales and trades . Ive also never been burned or came even close to a situation like this. Im trading my item to him for a friend that gave me something that I already sold . So if it goes wrong I would owe my friend a brushless emaxx and be out a Mini E revo . Any suggestions? sorry for the book
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'm confused, is he suppose to send you something or did he pay cash?

Do you still have YOUR package, and waiting for his to arrive?

OK think i got it lol I would keep your package untill you recive his end of the deal first. I did this once. Found an older post and said i'm going to hold your package untill i recive it. and reasoned why i chose to do so. He understood and had no problem with it....

So if the other party is aware of their past transactions, they should understand why you chose to do so at last min.

Last edited by Twiztid Metal; 09-24-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

he is aware of those post I brought up but is palying the victim saying he was burned for 600.00 on a trade once and hes going to paypal about this. we sent each other a dollar to get proper shipping details and print paypal shipping label. I printed mine he shipped his straight through the post office . Could be filled with brick for all I know. 60.00 is pretty cheap for a merv. Im gonna video me cutting open the box at the post office and checking contents. I honestly didnt know it wasnt shipped until the next day when I went to the PO, but while I was thinking my package was enroute to him I started digging on his name and found a BUNCH of stuff.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I say hold it tell the package from him gets there
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

hey Matt . Hows it going
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i think your right in what you did. i have done the same before just because of coments they made, or just they way they were trying to rush stuff.
i think most on here would agree with what you did. i would have no problem with that if i had previous shady transactions. kinda like re building a credit score.
if you know what i mean.
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

is it ok if I post his name on here ? Im not saying he ripped me off yet Just to look at his scammer threads.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
hey Matt . Hows it going

Going good will be great when I get some new paddles for my rail now that some one talked me out of the ones i had.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I would wait until his package arrives...if he was straight up, send your package and leave good feedback. If he was trying to screw you......flame on!
RaleighRCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

what would you consider ready to run ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=673014 here is the ad I agreed to trade for . I got the box and took it to a competetive nitro plane racer to help me start and tune it , and he tole me the glow plug needs replaced to even start (coil was burned out?). there was no extra clutch or flywheel parts in the box . The bump box was not wired up and the battery was just sitting against the metal on the inside (thank god for the paint). The radio and receiver were not hooked up . there is no steering servo horn ( do nitros have servo savers) didnt come with a glow plug igniter. He said all I need to start it was the bump box. and put my finger over the exhaust . I told him I know nothing about nitros and asked alot of specific questions before the agreement . Can anybody estimate the value of the parts missing for me , they dont have to be the higest prices just average . Its a kyosho inferno buggy. I need plug igniter, clutch /flywheel , glowplug. servo saver to handle 1/8 buggy . I really dont know what Im looking at when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance -Bob He said I could buy out for the price of the revo 190.00 plus the 20 he paid me for shipping so 210.00 / or ship it back priority at my cost .but Im out on parts promised and rtr and I dont want to spend another dime on this guy .I already lost out on shipping label since Im not gonna send my merv. GRRR Dont know what to do
Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I think he needs to pay the shipping back for his buggy that is it. Said to be rtr and all that wrong. Good thing you did not send your truck
Old 09-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
Suck it up!

To replace the missing/not included parts to make it "ready to run" would be $50 at most. None of it is terribly expensive.

I understand you don't want to spend more $ on this, but I'd box it back up and ship it back as cheaply as possible and still get a delivery confirmation #. Wash your hands, walk away, and leave appropriate feedback.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default My Take

Id tar and feather his ass
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Yeah most of that stuffs dirt cheap: clutch and flywheel 20 bucks from a savage (it will fit), 5-8 for a plug (they are temperamental and break) ignitor is about 20, servo arm $3, airfilter probably 10-15. Granted these are hobbytown prices for the items, you can get the stuff much cheaper on ebay.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

hey B.O.B., I think you are ok, if the guy questions you then I would just tell him that you were leary of him because of his record. Id even say that you were waiting on the eviction to go through so that you had a new adress or something like that.

Good luck.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote