Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: X-Box 360 250g

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default X-Box 360 250g

Does anyone have the new Xbox 360 slim. I am torn between getting this of the PS3 for my kids for Christmas.. I would like to hear some real reviews from people who have them. I trust you guys more then half the bs reviews I have read online.

Thanks, Brandon
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

This is what the guy at work just told me today.....

Xbox 360 has better graffixs... To get xbox live its $30 for 3 months and $60 for 1 year.

PS3 has FREE ONLINE Play, Blue Ray player. Cost a bit more i do belive, ALSO you can connect to the INTERNET with the PS3.

Me personaly Im an Xbox Guy.... but I wouldnt have a problem jumping to a PS3 if I found the right deal....
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I got the xbox360, 250GB, and Kinect bundle. My kids love the kinect, and when they are done, then I get to play my games. It's like the best of both worlds; kinect for the kids and parties, and xbox360 for hard core games like Black Ops.

Also, with all the kinect hacks out there, i think that shows the power behind the device and it's just waiting for the right programmers to even get better. Out of the box, the kinect is Wii'ish, but so far, I have found the games to be very fun.

I think Blue Ray only has a little life left...

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I really liked the Wii before I lost it and the kids really liked it, thats why I am leaning towards the 360. I like the ability that you stated about having kids games and then my games. How has the 360 been running? Does it run hot or anything like that?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The new 360 runs faster and better than the original no issues yet on mine the online is better than ps3 but cost money but is totally worth it as for the blu ray just buy a separate one and all will be great. More kids games on the 360 than ps3 so my vote is the 360 I have had both and sold the ps3
dman1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Web Wheeling

I picked up the new slim 360 a couple days after it was released, my old xbox was failing on me and out of the extended warrenty period. I spend more time streaming nexflix with it then playing games, but I love it. I don't own a PS3, so I can't really compare. At the time I got my xbox 360 the PS3 was still overpriced.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

ps3... no question about it. If nothing else, the blu ray player is worth it.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
ps3... no question about it. If nothing else, the blu ray player is worth it.

I already have a blu-ray player I bought last year. So thats not a huge selling point for me. If I didnt have the blu-ray player the choice would be alot easier. I guess I could put the current blu player in my room?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

cool things about each system

PS3= blu ray, ps3 media server, free online gaming
xbox= achivement points, can play your own music anytime (during a game), controller is pretty good.

bad things
ps3= cant play your own music during games, some say the controller is dated.
xbox = disc drive is reallly loud, rrod, pay for online play no blu ray

most of the good games are availible on both systems
and for me the ps3 is a much more useful device than an xbox. ps3 media server kicks ass blu ray is dope.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

the red ring is not longer an isuue on the slim 360. i have had both, and i love my slim. also the ps3 has its issues, just not as prevalent in earlier models.(unless you count the leap year issue, basically the old ps3 does not like even number non leap year years) but in the end both have their ups and downs, in the end the 360 one out for me because it came out first, and is cheaper. now its because most of the people i know and play with are on live.
on the above argument that the 360 has better graphics, that only happens on games that are developed primarily on pc or xbox, then ported to ps3. these games also tend to be less glitchy. (none more obvious that bethesda games.) the ps3 has a slight power edge, but no one can fully exploit it yet, and with the next gent consoles probably getting ready to be announced, it may not ever.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

360 all the way
lawndog is offline   Reply With Quote