Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: weight gain issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default weight gain issue?

So I posted before how september 29 I quit smoking. Well since then I have gained 20+ lbs. So lately I've been feeling weird usually worsens towards later hrs. 9 pm on. I just feel strange and shake a little. Like when concentrating putting a hard to get to screw in my hand will shake. Also my neck always feels big and putting pressure like. I can swear sometimes I feel my pulse in my neck. And last my ears feel hot. I dont have health insurance, but im thinking in might be something I should start worrying about. Any thoughts? Similar symptoms?
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: weight gain issue?

think your sugars are going out of wack. next time you fell it try some orange juice or candy or a starch and see if that makes you feel better. do you get the sweats really easy lately?
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yup out of nowhere
Old 12-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Forgot my vision getd s little blurry also.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

bounced this off my nurse/wifey sounds a lot like high blood pressure. Lots of water, stay hydrated. avoid salty stuffs. If stuff don't change for the better SOON, get it looked at. keep us posted.
vinnyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
think your sugars are going out of wack. next time you fell it try some orange juice or candy or a starch and see if that makes you feel better. do you get the sweats really easy lately?

When I would get low blood sugar I would break out in a cold sweat, and start shaking. I would then eat something and bring it back, and almost immediately have flaming squirts.

Blood sugar test kit from walmart should be lest than $10, pick one up and when you feel shaky check it out.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy nick View Post
Forgot my vision getd s little blurry also.

Blurred vision is a symptom of high blood sugar. How about your drinking (ie water not booze)? Do you feel like you cannot get enough water? That is a DEFINITE sign of diabetes. The heart racing, hot ears all point towards it in my book ( the book of having had diabetes for years). It is not something to play around with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyphx View Post
bounced this off my nurse/wifey sounds a lot like high blood pressure. Lots of water, stay hydrated. avoid salty stuffs. If stuff don't change for the better SOON, get it looked at. keep us posted.

Even if you hit up a drug store, many of them have blood pressure tests in store. They are not a substitute for a doctor, but if you sit down and it is way out of whack, it is another warning sign.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I would say check your blood pressure, I have problems with mine at times, the pill`s help.
Fiftygrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftygrit View Post
I would say check your blood pressure, I have problems with mine at times, the pill`s help.

Yeah, sounded like HBP to me - the pills are super cheap and help a lot.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

If its a sugar thing I would say high just bc I eat alot of suger. Especially the last few days. 6 doz. Xmas cookies in the house. Im gonna not eat sugar tomorrow and see. If it don't change after xmas just goin to the doc . I have not been drinking water much at all. Honestly the best way to explain is I feel like I drank too much coffee, constantly . But thank you all for replies. So far its chalked up to high blood pressure and possibly start of diabetes. Either or it sounds serious enough. I guess I should just go to a doc before a stoke or heart attack or whatever happens w/ diabetes. Thanks again all. Now im kinda nervous.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

the thing about high blood pressure is that it is VERY treatable and most of the maintenance meds are cheap, even if you don't have insurance. an increase in water intake should help in the short run. if you have any more concerns let us know!
wifey/nurse
Old 12-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyphx View Post
the thing about high blood pressure is that it is VERY treatable and most of the maintenance meds are cheap, even if you don't have insurance. an increase in water intake should help in the short run. if you have any more concerns let us know!
wifey/nurse
Will do thank you
Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Congratulations on quitting cigarettes....now go see a doctor
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I occasionally have cases of low blood glucose that causes blurred vision, major cold sweats, light shaking. I found out it is hypoglycemia. It typically occurs to me during rigous exercising or other forms of physical activity that my body is unprepared for (like sprinting to catch the train, etc.) I have since slowly developed an appreciation for fruits and keep glucose packs on hand in case I need immediate glucose. I'm sure regular exercise will benefit me too. Definitely consult a doctor.

Also, congrats on kicking the smoking habit. Hope you stay off of it for good.
csb510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

My mony is on diabetes too, actually my friend have been going thru the same the last couple of weeks.

He is now on some form of diabetes pills and some anti fungal pills too.

Nothing else can be done 4 sure as my frieds doctor is on holliday untill januar 6 and the temp doctor wont do mutch beside keeping my friend alive untill his doctor come home from holliday.

Aaaa the perils of public heltcare
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Well after watching what I eat I've come to the conclusion that I believe it is high blood pressure. No matter what I eat, I feel the same. Fat neck w/ heavy feeling pulse. I've decided to sell the wraith I've been working. I have no real attachment to it and should get a descent amount for the roller. Plenty enough to pay for a doctor visit and meds anyways.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

sorry to see ya sell yer rig, but glad to see ya seek some help. heading off the problem now will save tons of trouble down the road.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well after watching what I eat I've come to the conclusion that I believe it is high blood pressure. No matter what I eat, I feel the same. Fat neck w/ heavy feeling pulse. I've decided to sell the wraith I've been working. I have no real attachment to it and should get a descent amount for the roller. Plenty enough to pay for a doctor visit and meds anyways.

I too have the same issues that you are going through. I quit smoking back in August and also gained weight, then around Thanksgiving I started feeling "different", mine was an anxious or fight or flight type of feeling but only in my chest and like yours later at night. I went to the doctor a few weeks back and had my blood pressure checked. Since my wife is diabetic, I was able to check that quickly to make sure that wasn't an issue. While my blood pressure was a little high what the doctor wanted me to do was to monitor my pressures over a period of time before starting on any meds. I still have yet to go back and review with the doctor what I need to do.

I will say, seeing the doctor is a good thing, but they may not put you on a medication right away. What I would suggest is that you may go to the local supermarket and test your own blood pressure a few times just to see what it's like. I would also keep a record of your results as that is what my doctor wanted me to do.

I also had to have a full blood sample test done. My results there turned out ok except for some elevated cholesterol levels, and will probably have to do something with those as well. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to have some sort of medication for my blood pressures as well, so far my results from my testing haven't been looking all that good.

Good luck on the diagnosis and hope all turns out well.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:

The stress of worrying about being ill will cause more and more stress. No accounting for you will notice things because your looking for them. A wellness visit would take a lot off of your mind.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
The stress of worrying about being ill will cause more and more stress. No accounting for you will notice things because your looking for them. A wellness visit would take a lot off of your mind.
I see what your saying. I ll sit down and start thinkin "is my heart rate up?" And because i m thinkin about it I feel it does. I really just need to get there.

Last edited by crazy nick; 12-27-2013 at 07:21 AM.

weight gain issue? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much actual steering is to gain realsickclown Axial Wraith 1 09-09-2013 07:00 PM
flatty cutting-where's the gain? jado6006 Tires and Wheels 4 04-13-2013 11:30 AM
Split Cells or Li-po? Isn't weight not an issue? liketocrawl Newbie General 4 07-12-2008 07:46 AM
A loss and a gain Nick232 Chit Chat 2 12-28-2006 07:30 PM