Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Honda Ruckus Scooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Honda Ruckus Scooter

Yeah yeah. I know most folks are gonna say why the hell would you want a scooter? In my opinion they are actually pretty cool with all the aftermarket parts that are out for them. I am going to get a Honda Ruckus. The little ruckus. They are 50cc and street legal. I just want one for running to the store and buming around town for the hell of it. Does anyone here have a scooter? I have had 50cc pitbikes but I want something street legal to goof around with. For all you kids that have the best of everything I do not care. I have a motorcycle also so
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

5 bucks will last you all month

they really are perfect for running around town or work in nice weather if its close by
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

That is me on a rented ruckus getting my money worth when I was probably 14-15 haha. They were entertaining as hell when we rented them with a couple buddies. I personally wouldn't buy one as it's not practical for me, but they are tough as hell!
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Slave do you have one? Lets see some pictures if so. I have been spending alot of time researching www.TotalRucks.com. There is so much information there about the Honda Ruckus even some other scoots. Its the rccrawler of scooters.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Not sure I should admit this, but I put over 11K miles on a Yamaha Zuma commuting to work and doing errands and whatnot....... And got lots of crap from the Harley guys at work.

Scoots are really practical for around town. The Zuma could carry 2 cases of Mt. Dew and other groceries. Had 3 40 lb bags of grub killer on it once. Throw it on the floorboard and go.

Then I sold it and got a Yamaha WR250X. Can't carry near as much stuff, but it's more fun overall. Still get crap from the Harley guys.

How fast are the 50cc Ruckuses (Rucki?) stock? The Zuma would go 38 on flat ground.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
RCC Addict

My friend Trinh is in a Ruckus Gang. They are pretty friggin awesome. I want to build one.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
5 bucks will last you all month

they really are perfect for running around town or work in nice weather if its close by
My girlfriend's dad has one he uses for that, they even have a winch they use in their garage to hang it out of the way.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
RCC Addict

My coworker has a pretty tricked out ruckus, I think it's got a 200cc motor in he said it does about 85-90 mph and
he's got about 8 grand into it. The rear tire is a advan tire for a og mini Cooper. I only got 1 picture of
it so here ya go

rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have a 150cc yamati strada I have close to 11k on. I bought it brand new. Had a Harley but really like riding the scoot more and sold the shovel. Not as cool but more enjoyable. May be checking into the next scooter cannonball run 3000 miles 10 days ....................serious case of monkey butt.
Stone Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

II own one heres one we worked on at the shop thats my dad sporting it.
Thought i had a pic of my dad guess not anyways he will be celebrating at the end of the month 50 years being a franchised honda dealer way to go mom and dad
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteadily View Post

That needs painted ORANGE and it would have Harley written all over that
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteadily View Post
My coworker has a pretty tricked out ruckus, I think it's got a 200cc motor in he said it does about 85-90 mph and
he's got about 8 grand into it. The rear tire is a advan tire for a og mini Cooper. I only got 1 picture of
it so here ya go

Is there a write up anywhere abolut this bike? I would like to see what motor and parts he is running. Its a good lookin ruck. I have not read anything about one doing 85-90 MPH. I am not saying it wont but thats the fastest one I have heard about. i like the handel bars. Nice and low!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I had a Piaggio beverly 250cc for 3+ years. Gave it to my brother with 37K km. I did everything with that bike. Once I carried a whole rear suspension for my old boxster for 30 miles through traffic strapped to my back with duct tape .
Now I have a kymco people s 250cc with 18K+ km on it in one year. I ride daily 60+ miles average. Both scooters make an average of 70 mpg riden in heavy traffic and heavy throttle. Where I live we get at least 300 days of sun a year so a scooter is a great solution for daily commutation and medium distances.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=92&t=50254

That's the link to my full build thread at the ruckus forum I frequent. Right now the scooter is in a million prices and getting a full overhaul. Best toy I've ever owned.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowguy View Post

That's the link to my full build thread at the ruckus forum I frequent. Right now the scooter is in a million prices and getting a full overhaul. Best toy I've ever owned.
Nice build thread man. I read the whole thing. I will be waiting for updates. I am going to get me a ruck as soon as income taxes are in and then I will do some mods keeping it mostly stock though.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
Nice build thread man. I read the whole thing. I will be waiting for updates. I am going to get me a ruck as soon as income taxes are in and then I will do some mods keeping it mostly stock though.
Thanks man! Oh and heres the link to that green bike. Hawaii is no joke.

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewto...3160&start=225

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NyjGRjcy20

This is just a small part of the hawaii scene. Hawaii is no joke. watch the side bar vids too. Wont be sorry.

Last edited by theslowguy; 02-11-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

This is the only way youd catch me on one of those....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIbAc...eature=related
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

funny thing is thats not even a real ruckus...That began life as a china knockoff gy6 thingy.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowguy View Post

Thanks for letting me drive that badboy Its the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels...
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

My brother has ridden his Ruckus for almost 2 years now. He gets paid 50cents a mile when he drives it to work. So it pretty much pays for itself in fuel savings.

Depending on his mood, he carries roofing nails or peanut m&m's in his pockets for the days when motor vehicle drivers just cant get it together.
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote