Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Teen Suicide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
No idea what I'm doing

Default Teen Suicide

A distant female friend died a year ago today...It was some form of coronary problem. Didn't know her well, but we've had her over for Christmas, and get togethers in the past.

Anyway, I just found out her 14 year old son committed suicide today. I only met him a few times as well, but it really bummed me out...pretty sad.

If anyone is considering this, please talk to someone.....anyone, and if you've had this impact your life, then you have my condolences.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 03-27-2011 at 12:33 PM.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

2 years ago in dec my best friend comitted suicide me and him were closer than either one of my 2 older brother ever were. In a small way I have to blame myself for his mistake since we were kids we looked out for eash other well times got real rough and he had an opportunity to get out of michigan and start a new in georgia, I had just started a ne temp job and didnt want to go. Now I know how easily he was to be pursuaded into making bad choices, wetalked back and forth for awhile and then not much at all I thought everything was going good for him but turns out he had gotten hooked on crack and was envolved with a stripper who was just out to use him.

He hung himself in a cheap hotel room and if I had went with him I know for a fact he would still be alive today. but on the other hand the choices I made instead of leaving with him have brought to a very good place I have an excellent girlfriend that I wouldnt trade for anything a great carreer and I'm buiding my collection of nice things.

I often look back and wonder how things would have been if I went the other direction..?

Sorry for the long post but I miss him alot Rest in peace Fred murphy
Diesel-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Hang tough Juan, I've gone through losing a close friend to suicide. It certainly is never the right answer..
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I did not know the kid but he was at my high school. The kid 16 years old got into a fight with his girl friend, at the end of the fight he said I'm going to kill my self, the girl friend said back go ahead i won't care. That night he went drinking and when he got home he shot him self in his room. his mother found him.

It is very said.
scale-bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

One of my good friends committed suicide back in 2001. He was into his 2nd year of college, and showed ZERO signs of any sort of depression. Me and him talked about anything and everything, and I never once heard anything that would have made me he was depressed in any way. Come from a good family, did good in school, good with the ladies.. Then one day I call over to his house and his sister told me he hadnt come home that night and that they were worried since that was very unlike him. I thought it was unlike him as well but had hope he had just hooked up with a girl or something and stayed at her place (which was also unlike him, but I hoped). Later that night they discovered that one of his dads gun was gone. 5 of the longest days of my life they found his car at a old abandoned house where they found him inside. He had wrote notes to each member of his family, was wrapped up in a blanket and was holding a cross.
10 years later I STILL think of him everyday. I was just a good friend of his and it effected me greatly. Like I said everyday I think of him and have small reminders of stuff we did or stuff he liked etc.. I can't even imagine how hard it was/is on his family (even though I was there).
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Suicide...and my experiences....
Suicide first entered my life when I was 9. My fathers best friend had killed himself he had a 1.5 year old son, wife...took his fathers gun and blew his brains out.
Then at the age of 12 my mothers little brother had taken his life. As well he was 31 and had my cousin who wasnt even a year. He had lost his license, and his wife was sleeping around. His wife called my grandparents and my aunt was the one who had to cut him down from hanging himself. I was the one my aunt told the whole story of what had happened when she found him...to this day she is not herself and is on prescribed drugs which leave her unable to think just be happy.
Now if this isnt enough for anyone....
At the age of 15, hearing the midnight phone call of my dad ending..." I will be there first thing in the morning..dont do anything stupid...I love you"
We then received another call 3 hours later...they found his brother hanging...my father even if he left right after the call he would of never made it on time. OK so whats even worst...is that at the funeral my father found out that his mother who died when he was 12 did not die of natural causes but also hung herself and my uncle ws the one who found her. He was not allowed to tell him. The sad thing is that the age my uncle was when he found her was the same age of his son at the time of his hanging.

These are just a few other closest stories of suicide I have there are others which were aquaintances, friends etc.

Thats all I can write for now....

Final thought....These people are mentally sick...however I still feel that they were selfish
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I am just speaking from my personal experience, views, opinions, etc.

I just want to say first of all, that I am truly sorry you lost him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-tech View Post
In a small way I have to blame myself for his mistake since we were kids we looked out for each other well times got real rough and he had an opportunity to get out of michigan and start a new in Georgia, I had just started a new temp job and didnt want to go.

Guilt and blame are extremely common in any kind of tragedy. Things start out as choices, we continue those choices, until they become habits, if we continue the habits, the can become addictions, and even self destructive.
You do not have to blame yourself! You feel bad, sad, guilty (which is not necessary), pain, and anger. You did not do this, and I dont feel you could have stopped it.

I do not mean in anyway to be disrespectful, insensitive, or blame people for what happened.

He had a chance to start anew, and get away from things. That was his choice. You decided not to go, that was your choice. You did not have to go because he did. If you had gone, it does not mean, that anything would have changed.

If I had went with him I know for a fact he would still be alive today.

You can never honestly know for sure, life just doesnt seem to function that way when you want it to, or think you need it to. You are here for a reason.

but on the other hand the choices I made instead of leaving with him have brought to a very good place I have an excellent girlfriend that I wouldnt trade for anything a great career and I'm building my collection of nice things.

Had you gone, you might not have these things, you might have been caught up in the same bad things. One never knows how things will/would turn out. Mourn his loss, celebrate your life.

I often look back and wonder how things would have been if I went the other direction..?

Things are so interconnected, your life would most likely be nothing like it is now. One small change in the past can yield exponential change. A massive tumbling domino effect.

Sorry for the long post but I miss him a lot

No need to apologize. Expressing loss and love are a human necessity.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRockCrawler View Post
One of my good friends committed suicide back in 2001. He was into his 2nd year of college, and showed ZERO signs of any sort of depression.
When my doctor said I was suffering from depression, I looked at him and said "I dont feel depressed". He said, "my boy, it doesnt put a sign around your neck".

He was so right.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote