Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
UP TO 15-20 years? so he'll be out in 7
Fn bull $hit
That is crap.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I told my co-worker about this with out even reading or seeing the article the frist vomit out his mouth was the F.B.I. was behind it to take away are RC planes.

I really dislike this guy to him are govemrent is against us.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
UP TO 15-20 years? so he'll be out in 7
Fn bull $hit
Maybe he will trip and fall on something sharp while hes in prison and he wont be a problem any more? Got my fingers crossed.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

why is it they always buy way more weapons than they need... come on, 6 full auto ak's? Either there is more to the story or the guy has 6 arms.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
why is it they always buy way more weapons than they need... come on, 6 full auto ak's? Either there is more to the story or the guy has 6 arms.
"along with six other gunmen divided into two teams, with Ferdaus coordinating the operation."

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Ferdaus faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of providing material support and resources to a foreign terrorist organization, up to 20 years for a charge of attempting to destroy national defense premises. He also faces a five-year minimum mandatory prison sentence and up to 20 years if convicted of attempting to damage and destroy U.S.-owned buildings with explosives.
Apparently its not a crime to attempt to murder US soldiers?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Not to sound mean or anything but as a former Soldier, I think we need to hang the S.O.B. up by his friggin balls and shove a brick of C-4 up his corn hole and then let it rip.
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Heard about this while eating lunch today...be interesting to see what the fall out in the hobby market will be.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
...be interesting to see what the fall out in the hobby market will be.
X2 ....

It honestly scares the crap out of me. I feel terrible for the plane guys, as I can see uneducated legislators attempting to limit or eliminate the use of transmitters that can control planes from a long distance or all together. Hopefully we don't catch any of the ill-effects, but it will be in everyone's interest to keep an eye on the idiots in DC.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Heard about this while eating lunch today...be interesting to see what the fall out in the hobby market will be.
Last year there was a petition going around from the plane guys about stopping legislature on planes and their transmitters. Apparently the petition was a success, but this sounds like pretty good fuel for the anti-model aircraft crowd's fire.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Try to Bend it

Pretty scary.

I had to stop reading though I think Fox News has employed a third grader as the editor. The whole story was rife with spelling and grammatical errors.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
~THE SCALE SHOP~

agreed. were already having enough problems with FAA trying to shut us flyers down. this is horrible timing. (well horrible all together)
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Something tells me this will hit more than just the aviation guys.
Think about it, some legislator will make the case that this can be done with an airplane, a helicopter, or a RC car.

I fear you will need to take a course and sign your life away to purchase a long range transmitter.
I see something similar to HAM certification to run a RC car, so the gov't can track usage and tax it like everything else.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Here we go.....

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...ror/?hpt=hp_t2
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Tower Hobbies sent this out today ....

Quote:
Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Many people are concerned with new government regulations that are designed to limit our hobby industry. You've probably heard about the new FAA regulations limiting our use of R/C airplanes and proposed shipping bans for R/C batteries.

New regulations are being considered regarding model rocket motors. This may not immediately impact your particular hobby but it's just another step toward regulation of materials used in hobbies and deserves your attention.

The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has recently advised that they propose to terminate a special permit under which model rocket motors and igniters have been shipped for the last 33 years. If the permit is terminated model rocket motors and igniters will no longer be able to be shipped as "Flammable Solids" and will instead have to be shipped as "Explosives."

In 33 years there have been no incidents involved in the shipping and transporting of model rocket motors and igniters.

Hobbyists need your support. Attached is a sample e-mail that we request you send immediately to express your support.

We believe that shipping model rocket motors and igniters as "Explosives" would only cause unnecessary concern for hobby shops, educators, youth group leaders and families using model rockets for educational and recreational purposes.

If you believe as we do, please send an e-mail to the Department of Transportation no later than October 10, 2011.
Here's the letter:
Quote:
TO: specialpermits@dot.gov
Subject: DOT-SP 7887 Show Cause Response

Dear Associate Administrator,

The purpose of this e-mail is to request that DOT-SP 7887 be kept in force as written. The Special Permit, previously DOT-E 7887 has been in place since 1978 and is used by many of us who enjoy hobbies including model rockets, motors and igniters.

To my knowledge, there has never been an incident involving the shipping and transporting of model rocket motors and igniters. Further I believe that shipping these products as "Explosives" will create unnecessary fear and difficulty for those handling, transporting, receiving, storing, selling and using these products.

After 33 years of use, the termination of the Special Permit is unwarranted and possibly damaging to an educational and recreational product that has an excellent record. In closing, I again request the Special Permit be kept in place as written.

- Your Name and Address

Anyway, in my opinion Tower Hobbies gets major props for doing something! I took five minutes out of my day and filled out the letter, it would be cool to see some of the folks on RcCrawler do the same in defense of our fellow hobbyist! -post up after you do!
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Just got the Tower notice. I used to fly high power rockets (level 2). The BATFE is probably still pissed that the rocket hobbyists won a lawsuit against them a few years ago.

Leave my hobbies alone!!!!!
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I got the same email from Tower today as well, it sucks that one guy can ruin it for several. That is the way it works, it only takes one to F it up for everyone.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

As a flyer this is going to bring lots of negative attention and negative rulemaking to a great hobbie.

What this guy did is nothing extremeam (except for the explosives).
There have been long range FPV (First Person View) model planes for a few years now. Many of the electronics can be built at home from basic components.

Fortunatly he used the wrong planes. Fighters just like the full-scale ones are not heavy lift vehicles. They also draw lots of attention. I have had people not believe that I am flying a plane because it is so high up and looks like a real plane but there's no way a F-86 is going to fool anyone.

Of course if they ever got off the ground it's likely they would not of failed. At such a close range there is little if any time to react. Thank God they foiled his plans!
1320Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote