Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: In memory of my dad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default In memory of my dad

Take this as you want but I just want to tell the story of my dad, so many people I know are just remembering him for the later years when alcohol took over but not of the early years. none of you will ever know him nor probably me but I can't stand the idea of my dad being remembered for the bad.
My dad worked in the coast guard, not as action "packed" as some people will say but he helped bring people back to their loved ones, he was the one who went out to the gulf and swamps and brought back dead bodies and alive people back to there families, so that they weren't separated. He help serve this country bringing people back.
He also worked at Lockheed, he was one of the few who worked at area 51 on the stealth jets/fighter, back when it was more secret. He helped work on the jet engines, and other mechanical parts of it.
He also worked later on at John deer and was one of the best mechanics there, he was the one they called for, for the big projects and for the tractors that used the catapiller tracks when they started coming out.
My dad was a fabricator, welder, mechanic, engineer, and a damn good father back then. Most of the skills I know is because of him.
Say what you want, I don't care. I just want his life to be known for the good things he's done and how he served his country.
RIP dad 10/23/11 I love you.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Very sorry for your loss. The only thing that matters is how you want to remember him.
tinycrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

sorry for your loss

Last edited by rockn; 10-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
cherry bomb

Thanks for sharing buddy. Sorry for your loss sounds like he was a great guy.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sorry for your loss, sounds like a great dad.
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I suddenly lost my dad a year ago this past week.

It sounds like our fathers may have had some similarities.

There is nothing I (or anyone) can say that will make you feel better.
In fact you will probably get sick of hearing people say "I'm sorry"

I can say that after a year, it still hurts bad enough to cause me to break down at any given moment.

The only thing I can say that might help is...
Remember your dad for who he really was as a person!
Remember him how you want to remember him!
Remember the good times and the bad(you will learn to miss even the bad times)
Know that he was proud of you, and passing on his skills to his son probably meant more to him than you truly understand!
Most importantly know that he loved you!

I could rant and rant, but know that our prayers and well wishes are coming your family's way in this tragic time!

I know it's hard, but keep your head up! He will always be watching over you!!
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Well said sir.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
www.team3sixrc.com

team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like your attitude has changed since you were debating going to see him a few days ago. Nothing you can do to change the past, just remember it. What you choose to remember is up to you. Youre on the right track.

Sorry for the loss. I still have both mine so its hard to relate there.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Thank you guys, ya I had decided to see him and even to know I'm still upset that he kept drinking but I knew it had taken over him and there would have been no way of saving him so I accepted that and chose to remember him for the good things he's done, like my mom told me, "not everyone can say they worked on the stealth bomber for Lockheed."
I knew he had done amazing things but I had let my emotions get in the way by putting anger towards him. After he died I noticed everyone was saying bad things about him and I couldn't stand that, no matter how angry I can get at him, he's still my dad , so I just had to say something, I can't let him go with a bad taste in my mouth or hearing bad things about him. I just wanted to atleast let someone know he wasn't all bad but had been really good person
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Alcohol is a disease and I'm sure if he had a choice he never would've went down that road ... Myself I've dealt with addiction and it took me hitting rock bottom and realizing my kids needed me more than I needed pills and the damn dr got me hooked after a bad quad crash.. So please don't blame him people drowned there disappointments and mistakes in alcohol and drugs to try and escape reality I promise you that he never meant to hurt you by drinking.. I dot know him or you but I bet if he could go back and change all if it he would.. Be strong and never do anything you may look back on and have regret especially when it comes to family.. My deepest Condolences are with you.. God bless you and your family stay strong my friend

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Oh and I think you should build a rigging his memory something that takes you back to a happy childhood moment.. That's just my opinion anyway I think it'd make u very happy and mean alot to ya

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #13

I feel ya mate. I lost my dad just over a year ago from a massive heart attack. I walked in to find him having it.

It was a hard thing to deal with but you are doing the right thing and your focusing on the good points and the man I am sure he wants you to remember him for.

Sorry for your loss mate and my heart goes out to you, your family and his friends.
DVS_CREATIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Sorry for the loss demonoid.

I lost my pops 2yrs ago just keep the good memories flowing in your head and remember he's looking down on ya man.
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Sounds like a pretty awesome guy. I bet he had some cool stories about the stealth projects at Area 51. Sorry for your loss, man.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #16
No idea what I'm doing

I wondered how this would turn out for you, after reading your other thread. Sorry for your loss, but glad to see you've found some resolution to this
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was an amazing guy, you did the right thing.
My dad passed away in July, and I still think about him every day.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Sorry for your loss. You have my condolences.

Sounds like your Dad had some really cool jobs, it must have been incredible to work around area 51!

Keep your head up, your RCC friends are here for ya!

Last edited by R/CMaxximus5.0; 10-28-2011 at 11:39 AM.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote