Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Numbness?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Numbness?

So for the last two days the very tip of my left big toe has been numb, can't feel anything. Anyone got an idea as to why?
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

did u stub or cut it or break it? if u did its prolly a nerve, i sliced mine when i cut myself with a bandsaw. my finger felt like clay for weeks til i got surgery on it
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Nope haven't done any of it, it just randomly went numb lol
Old 07-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My brother had that problem when he was a kid, it turned out to be a bad heart valve.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
My brother had that problem when he was a kid, it turned out to be a bad heart valve.
That's going to suck if that's what it is for me, I'm just wondering if I should see a doctor or just wait it out and see
Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Well it obviously concerns you, I would go check it out to be on the safe side.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Go to the doctor.

I had numbness at the tips of my left little, and ring finger. Lasted on and off for a few months. Then the numbness just went away, never to return.

Every time I have ever been to a doctor about something weird like that, they never know what the hell it is. I end up spending 100 or more in co-pays for nothing.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Had the same problem in the army,the told me it was a crushed nerve from marching,prescribed me some Motrin and told me to get back to formation.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

wow...free medical advice...
seriously...get it checked out....especially if it's on the left side
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Get to the Dr. and get it checked out. Could be a lot of things. My first thought was neuropothy (I think thats how its spelled). Its more common in diabetics and it comes from poor circulation. Its also what causes them to lose toes/finger/extremities, no feeling in them, they get an injury in the site, it gets infected and so forth. Be safe.....
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
No idea what I'm doing

It amazes me how many people seek medical advice here.

Real simple...if there is something wrong with your crawler, check out RCC...if there is something wrong with your body, go to a doctor.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Go see a doc. There are about 17.2 billion things it could be, ranging from a weird nothing to something serious. But no one on the internet can tell you which one it is, best case we can list off a bunch of stuff, most of which will freak you out, and just piss off the doc when you go in and say "some friend online told me it could be ___ or ____ or ____."

I am more than happy to give advice and recommendations on medical stuff, but this is so generic that without a lot more info on what your history and current medical status is and seeing it, there is just no way to have any idea.
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Does this help? Lol I know I have athletes foot and that's why part of the nail is missing, would the missing part cause it? Cuz I noticed that the top right corner in the pic is where it's numb. And yes I know RCC should be for crawlers but I've seen alot worse asked on this site since joining in 07' lol so I don't think it's too bad.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Well, you need to go to a doctor for a real answer.

I get this off and on.....its typically a pinched or agitated nerve in your lower back........so ice and advil or motrin usually clears it up. Sometimes I got hit the chiropractor up for an adjustment.

But it can be worse or less things, hence the trip to the Doctor.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Does this help? Lol I know I have athletes foot and that's why part of the nail is missing, would the missing part cause it? Cuz I noticed that the top right corner in the pic is where it's numb. And yes I know RCC should be for crawlers but I've seen alot worse asked on this site since joining in 07' lol so I don't think it's too bad.

That doesn't look like athletes foot to me. It looks like it is/has some type of inflammation/infection. But I am no Dr. but it def. doesn't look like athletes foot to me.
BTW.... I had back surgery and my whole right leg is numb. It was only from the knee down b4 surgery but after the whole damn thing is numb......
sabohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
Had the same problem in the army,the told me it was a crushed nerve from marching,prescribed me some Motrin and told me to get back to formation.

I had the same exact thing... basic training, big toe went numb. Finally went to sick call only to be told it was from marching in the issued boots, take some motrin and back to action.

So, did you get new boots/shoes lately?
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
It amazes me how many people seek medical advice here.

Real simple...if there is something wrong with your crawler, check out RCC...if there is something wrong with your body, go to a doctor.
You have to admit, it is a lot cheaper than HMO co-pays...

Dispite this site being dedicated to toys, most of us left our real childhoods long ago, so if there is a physical ailment out there, one of us has likely had it....

With that said... go see a doctor, the equipment they use is 1:1 scale...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post

That looks like an ingrown toenail. for viewing enjoyment google: ingrown toenail
athenscyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
Scale Detail Engineering

It sounds like a pinched nerve... that's how it starts.
Take care of it now because trust me, you don't want to know how it ends!

I had 2 vertebra in my neck fused together because I blew a disk. When that disk started pushing into my spinal cord... good lord that hurt.]
It was way more painful then having gravel scrubbed out of my arms from road rash... and there's nothing you can do to get rid of the pain.

If it's in your leg, you will not be able to walk.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenscyclist View Post
That looks like an ingrown toenail. for viewing enjoyment google: ingrown toenail
I've had the same thing happen, the above answer seems plausable, but if the nail is ussually longer, and you've cut it that short, it could just be inflamation due to the skin pushing up around the nail and rubbing on the inside of your shoe. I've had plenty of exp. with toe and foot issues, and there's really now way that has anything to do with a bad heart or life threatening issue.
Try wrapping it with some sports tape after you soak it and take some IBU.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote