Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Sellout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
Debunking old stereotypes

Default Sellout

Well, I finally decided to retire, for good this time. I have semi retired (let someone else manage my buildings) I've put my Apt buildings on the market today. Looking to fetch 5.8 mil for my retirement fund. Time to do some traveling, hit some crawling comps around the country and enjoy life. Tired of being a landlord, and dealing with everything that comes with it. Ahhh this is gonna be nice Next summer I'll probably hit a comp at every club that I'm welcome at. I think I'll put some $ in some nice safe investments, CD's, Savings bonds etc. I can't believe the weight off my shoulders, I finally feel free!!!!! Moab here I come!!!
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Bum a brother couple of $$$'s 10 grand should do it. I take paypal and MO pm me for more info thanks, Aaron
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler
Well, I finally decided to retire, for good this time. I have semi retired (let someone else manage my buildings) I've put my Apt buildings on the market today. Looking to fetch 5.8 mil for my retirement fund. Time to do some traveling, hit some crawling comps around the country and enjoy life. Tired of being a landlord, and dealing with everything that comes with it. Ahhh this is gonna be nice Next summer I'll probably hit a comp at every club that I'm welcome at. I think I'll put some $ in some nice safe investments, CD's, Savings bonds etc. I can't believe the weight off my shoulders, I finally feel free!!!!! Moab here I come!!!
Time to change your name to fulltimecrawler.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You're getting close to 6 million on a retirement and your on here posting?Why not open a HS,and give Jason a decent offer for this site? Talk about a good investment.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d
Bum a brother couple of $$$'s 10 grand should do it. I take paypal and MO pm me for more info thanks, Aaron
seriously
Old 08-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You bastard I still have atleast 24yrs left to retire with the BOP. I may stay longer, but You can only deal with it for so long. Have fun enjoying life. I'm sure you have earned it.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Make sure you spend a week in Colorado with your new adopted son

Seriously though make sure you spend some free time out here and we can put together a comp just for the occasion!
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Your more than welcome to come hang out at a comp with us sercrc.com guys.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Your always welcome in the Nor-Cal comps. No invitation needed.

We can do a 2 day event at the Bean or another one of our great camping/comp spots.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
I'm a stupid C U N T!

pick up a comfy RV and hit the lower 48 and crawl everywhere:-P
Old 08-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
Web Wheeling

Quote:
I think I'll put some $ in some nice safe investments, CD's, Savings bonds etc.
And Lambo's.....
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you are always welcome at NARCCA in northern AZ, I got 2.5 acres to camp on for a day or 2 and monthly comps
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #13

Thanks for the welcome guys. I think I'm going to plan a cross country RV RC crawling tour starting in the late winter. I wanna be back in town for our MNRCRC summer series 2007.

CC405 Just One of the reasons I post here is, I've met alot of good guys here, and learned alot here, (thanks OG's) I'd been into RC before, but new to crawling. Also,our 1st year MNRCRC club is off to a great start with our 4th comp in the series of 8 just completed, we're getting new members joining every comp, and have alot of interest in this area with an average of about 12-15 per comp and some out of towners once and a while (everyone's welcome).
And as for offering to buy this site from Jason, I'm completely computer illiterate , not that it wouldn't be a good investment, I check the new member count daily and it's grown alot just in the time I've been here.

The LHS's are covered pretty well in the market I live in, no complaints though, parts are usually pretty easy to get.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

If you come out to Vegas drop us a line. Leave your money at home though.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d
10 grand? Heck, I'd be happy with $10 for a six pack and a sammich

Congrats, man.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R
And Lambo's.....
Yeah... well that was a whim, like I said, sometimes I wonder about myself
Old 08-16-2006, 03:16 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

you should buy a home in hawaii, and build a custom course in your back yard and hold you own comps, so in the winter the boys in the 48 states can visit you in the year'round warm weather,man that would be sooo coool!!! plus us local boys could keep you busy.
goingvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:59 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

My dad retired about two years ago and since then has been about 10 times busier than he has been in his entire life, just make sure you take time to take in the view while out there on the open road.
no need for an alarm clock now.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingvertical
you should buy a home in hawaii, and build a custom course in your back yard and hold you own comps, so in the winter the boys in the 48 states can visit you in the year'round warm weather,man that would be sooo coool!!! plus us local boys could keep you busy.

Funny you say that, my brother and his wife just moved back to MN from 20 yrs on the islands. They last lived on Kauai where they had a house they bought about 6 yrs ago for 330k. The house was like 1200sq and they sold it for 998k just this Spring. They just bought a 5000sf house here in MN for 375k.
Property is very expensive out there.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

While your out roaming around with your RV keep your eyes out for another RV with an rccrawler windshield banner on it, that'll be me, just accepted a new job as a roadie with show. just put a deposit on a 29 footer.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote