RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Fwck gun control (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/418011-fwck-gun-control.html)

jcboof 12-27-2012 11:04 PM

Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkf (Post 4094621)
The dumb biotch basically wants to make everything go to NFA and axe ARs or any other rifle which has 1 similar feature. And you will be registering what guns you are able to have. Registering is the gateway to confiscation.

I understand what she wants to ban. What I don't completely understand is the grandfathering that is mentioned in her legislation. She wants us to register what we have and provide background info on ourselves as well as all the people that they gun may have been transferred between.

How are we to prove the former owners of any gun?!?

joesbruiser 12-28-2012 06:00 AM

What a joke.This if it passes accomplishes what?
IMHO not a damn thing other than making the people in the country more vulnerable to there next stupid move.

JeremyH 12-28-2012 06:57 AM

Ha!
After newspaper's gun-permit map, blogger posts journalists' addresses - CNN.com

BUBBA069 12-28-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcboof (Post 4094596)
So how would this work with grandfathering guns in and registering them with proof of all transferees of the firearm?? I can't remember who I bought half the crap I own from?!?!?

Seller is the transferer, buyer transferee. Basically, for EVERY firearm you have that is affected by the ban you would have to do all the NFA paperwork as if you were going to buy something like a silencer now, and at $200 a pop.

So if you have an AK, AR, Mini 14, M14, and a pistol grip shotgun... you will be paying $1000 and doing a crap ton of paperwork. All to be processed through the already understaffed folks at the ATF. Hell they can't even handle the NICS background checks right now. They randomly shut the lines down due to being overwhelmed by the call volume.

cuzican 12-28-2012 08:39 AM

Australia is a good example of gun control not working. Even the Australian government has admitted that their gun ban is a flawed policy that didn't work.
Violent crimes in Australia went up by 42% overall after the gun ban.
During the same period violent crime rates went down in the U.S. by 31%....as population increased, and gun ownership increased.
Australian women are 3 times as likely to be raped as women in the U.S.
In general people are too lazy to do their own research, so they believe what is in front of them. That is the mass media's biased bullshit. They will tell you that violent crimes went down during the Clinton Administration's AWB from 94-04....and that is true, but they leave out the "rest of the story". Violent crime rates have continued to go down at the same rate since the AWB expired in 2004. Gee you would think that with all those nasty evil looking AR15's back on the market we should all be swimming in blood by now.
I have came to realize that no matter how many facts the Pro-gun advocates use to educate people, the anti-gun people have made up their mind and are unwilling to accept those facts, choosing instead to believe what the media shoves down their throat.
I don't like everything the NRA,GOA, and NAGR organization stand for...but like it or not they are our biggest voice in DC so I still pay my membership dues. I call the White House, my state's governor, congressman, and senators and I suggest you do the same. If you are complacent like my father in law, ("it will never happen") and take no action you are just as guilty as the people pushing for gun control. The time to stand up and be counted is now.
We need to be the calm, collected, reasonable argument backed by facts and common sense.
Let the anti-gunners resort to an emotional, anger driven argument. It is the only way we will win this time.

If guns kill people, then I have a safe full of defective guns.

Edit: This is a great read. Very educational for both pro and anti gun advocates.
The facts don't lie, you just have to be willing to educate yourself.
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

dkf 12-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4094808)

Payback can be a bitch.

C*H*U*D 12-28-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4094808)

I saw the newspaper article yesterday and thought it was over the line. This guys response is awesome!! Wish I had thought of that.

70ford390 12-28-2012 07:39 PM

My question is where does my complete lower and my stripped lower fall in all this bull?

On a side note my buddy at work said he would volunteer to give feinstein a good grudge ***king, I told him I think he is a real trooper but I don't think it would help, she is just a bitter old woman that has the means to really make others suffer.

dkf 12-28-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

My question is where does my complete lower and my stripped lower fall in all this bull?
My guess is both grandfathered with mandatory NFA paperwork. That is if there is no stipulations that state the firearm has to be complete.

I think the bill as it sits has no chance of passing. Feinswine is swinging for the fences. Contact your local reps, senators and whomever you please stating they should not support this crap.

Quote:

On a side note my buddy at work said he would volunteer to give feinstein a good grudge ***king, I told him I think he is a real trooper but I don't think it would help, she is just a bitter old woman that has the means to really make others suffer.
Well yes he would be a trooper for sure. Although I will say for even considering that it would probably be best for your friend to have a CAT scan just in case. It is highly likely he may have something terribly wrong to even come up with that.:ror:

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-30-2012 08:43 AM

So the media put all the gun owners name and address in the paper. Now all the crooks know who not to rob.:ror:

Modbug 12-30-2012 12:24 PM

A lot of those listed in the newspaper were ex-cops and ex-military, so it shows what kind of scum they are.

A few of my thoughts.
I agree the problem is the mentally ill, who are given drugs. Then they feel better and stop taking them, this I know from dealing with people on meds.
This is the scenario I'm seeing, they stop taking them and their whole world comes crashing down. Imagine going from feeling your 7th heaven, no worries, to feeling like you did before.
Most of these shooters were prescribed some type of medication, look into it.

These schizos pick locations where they know they are no guns or less likely to have guns. Colorado theater had a no gun policy, obviously Connecticut school no one had a gun ready.

A lot of people who are against gun control, have guns themselves or can afford armed protection .
Barbara Streisand (owner), Michael Bloomberg, and so many more.
Heck President Obama's daughter's school have 11 or more armed guards.

For the non-USA posters, America was built on people who didn't want to be subjects. They rebelled against the king. Pretty much everywhere else the mentality, is one of a subject mentality. More government, more taxes, more control is somehow going to fix everything.
You can't compare, for example, Japan to the USA. Japan is a nation of one people who still believe in respecting your elders and that manners are very important. When they had the major disaster, people were turning in other people's wallets and safes they found at the local police stations.
No looting either, so you can't compare the two.
The US is a melting pot, so our problems are very different.
Our belief from God has to turned to the belief in science, let's see what solution the psychiatrists can come up with to control these murderous urges on the innocent.

dkf 12-30-2012 08:03 PM

Magazine Ban Legislation being introduced in the House next week. Thanks.

High-Capacity Magazines Bill To Be Introduced By Democrats On First Day Of Congressional Session

Contact your Reps and the Speaker ASAP.

The United States House of Representatives · House.gov

Speaker John Boehner | Speaker.gov

JeremyH 12-30-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkf (Post 4098850)
Magazine Ban Legislation being introduced in the House next week. Thanks.

High-Capacity Magazines Bill To Be Introduced By Democrats On First Day Of Congressional Session

No way that gets past the House..

dkf 12-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4098874)
No way that gets past the House..

Hope you are right. Better safe than sorry. I heard a lot of people say Obamacare would never pass either.

JeremyH 12-30-2012 09:03 PM

Ha! That BS passed when psycho bitch devil woman was in charge of the house and when there were a bunch of dumbass democrats in those seats...

beachbum 12-31-2012 12:49 AM

Ahhhhhh, the hypocracy has come to roost. Seems the table has turned for one ANTI GUN Senator (R.C. Soles Dem. N.C.) who refuses to comment on this little incident that just happened locally in my area. LONG anti gun zealot Senator did just what he has fought against for so long, shot an intruder in defence of his person and home. He has long held the belief that the common citizen has no right to own a gun and be able to defend himself against intruders even if the person or family is in immediate harms way. Only the police and military should be able to have guns he has said for sooooooo long. I guess since he doesn't see himself as a "COMMON" citizen he had a gun right? Even though he is just a little known senator in a TINY backwoods town (no offence T.C. citizens, I live near by lol). As I started off......AHHHHH the hypocracy abounds. Just another in the bunch much like Chicago's mayor Rahm Emanual who spoke out against the NRA's comments regarding armed guards in schools ALTHOUGH his own kids attend a school with someone licensed to carry WHAT?? A GUN?? To protect WHO? The students?? Including WHO?? His kids. The shit flies high.

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

JeremyH 12-31-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum (Post 4099193)
this little incident that just happened locally in my area.

Nah....that happened like 3 or 4 years ago.

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-31-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4099285)
Nah....that happened like 3 or 4 years ago.

So what it still happen. I love it. :ror:

JeremyH 12-31-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 4099288)
So what it still happen. I love it. :ror:

Yeah, I hear you....and I wish it was true, but it looks like he's not even an anti-gun guy:
Robert Soles, Jr. - Ratings and Endorsements - Project Vote Smart

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-31-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4099295)
Yeah, I hear you....and I wish it was true, but it looks like he's not even an anti-gun guy:
Robert Soles, Jr. - Ratings and Endorsements - Project Vote Smart

Well poo

JeremyH 12-31-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 4099302)
Well poo

Yeah, sometimes those mass emails aren't exactly truthful. "thumbsup"

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-31-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4099323)

It's still cool when the bad guy gets shot. I never got to shot a bad guy, but I did catch one stealing my friends radio out of his car one night, and got to hold him down till the cops got there. He was easy, when I grabbed his feet and pulled him out, his little head hit the driveway and knocked him out. I didn't even get to fight him.:ror: He just layed there with his arms sticking straight up. lol

JeremyH 12-31-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 4099333)
It's still cool when the bad guy gets shot. I never got to shot a bad guy, but I did catch one stealing my friends radio out of his car one night, and got to hold him down till the cops got there. He was easy, when I grabbed his feet and pulled him out, his little head hit the driveway and knocked him out. I didn't even get to fight him.:ror: He just layed there with his arms sticking straight up. lol

:lmao:

beachbum 12-31-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4099323)

LOL, especially when read around 3am after a little bar hopping and having not paid attention when it originally happened lol. Wouldn't rely on that rating above either because he has always taken a
Hands in the professionals only gun stance except for shotguns in the hunters hands over the years. Not sure how they came up with those numbers regarding his ratings in that list unless they resulted from bills he either voted on or against that had other legislations, pork, lack of pork etc in them affecting the direction of the vote. You have to jump through a few hoops to get a hand gun in NC and he has always believed in more. Going back to bed now lol.

JeremyH 12-31-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum (Post 4099415)
Not sure how they came up with those numbers regarding his ratings in that list unless they resulted from bills he either voted on or against

I believe that's how they come up with them. I read on another site that the GRNC group (or whatever they are called) said that they approved of him because of the way he voted...

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum (Post 4099415)
LOL, especially when read around 3am after a little bar hopping....Going back to bed now lol.

I was thinking you were up early for being at a bar until 3am...:lol:

beachbum 12-31-2012 09:14 AM

LOL, damn dog had the need to be freed. Cat walked by his crate he sleeps in at night, obviously on purpose (Yea, you're in there and I'm out here ha ha, meow you). He's a pug so he began his "I gotta pee howl" which the neighbors think is some death scream. Could of ignored it but the result of that would have affected the day negatively either way I went lol. Ignored, poor pup would just go in his bed after holding till near explosion resulting in my cleaning up a mess or ignored it till the wife got so pissed at me for not going and all the noise wrecking her after late night sleep then she would of let him out, be mad at me about it then no fun for the bum tonight while the kids are at the grandparents. Obvious choice, let him out, drop the pets some feed while I sit for a few minutes and read. Can't complain too much though he usually goes out around 6am and he held it and held quiet until 10am. All fed now back to bed.

Regarding the cat comment above first though. He really does that, doesn't really hate the dog but actually is really just plain disgusted by him. He has an expresion on his face when ever the dog walks by snorting and breathing like a one lung marathon runner that is unlike any other he makes. He is constantly doing sneaky/stealth spiteful things to him also like some comedy pet movie. Example, dog walked by him about two weeks ago paying no attention to his balled up resting furball self but looking at me with a treat in hand. He stopped looked at me and automatically did his sit for a treat trick....ON the cat. Never even noticed him. Cat hissed made that face and disappeared. Smelled something a little while later. Cat took one of his huge dog sized dumps in the middle of the floor in the utility room where his litter boxes are (yes boxe'S, he's around 22 lbs and they are just as big, killed two auto litter boxes in the past). Went in there to change the box as the smell began to permeate the house. Instead was a big steamer in the middle of the floor with the Pugs new red for the holidays harness and one of his toys laying on top of the pile. Cat back in position on edge of bean bag sleeping peacefully with I swear, a grin on his face. Toy and harness where on the other side of the house too so there was actual tought and planning that went into that lol. Anyone want a beautiful 22 lb 17yr old cat with dog issues?

Now back to bed and back on topic.

JeremyH 12-31-2012 09:20 AM

Damn, I cant double like that post! :lol:

Charlie-III 12-31-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4099500)
Damn, I can't double like that post! :lol:

I "liked it" for you!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

[Woulda liked it for myself, but decided to attribute it to you;-)]

dkf 12-31-2012 02:35 PM

Here is an explanation of the Bill Feinswine is proposing.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDglpt8hpyg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDglpt8hpyg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

jetboat 12-31-2012 05:08 PM

Congress.org &ndash; Get informed, get involved

make's it super easy to email your Representative.

dkf 12-31-2012 06:34 PM

Hypocrite.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1EObqM9Z0s?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1EObqM9Z0s?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

70ford390 12-31-2012 07:38 PM

This whole thing just sucks, I would not mind if there could be a meaningful discussion about what caused this or any tragic event that involved a gun but some see this as a time to push the agenda and that pisses me off.

It really pisses me off that some could not wait until the dead were laid to rest, NO jump on it and push my agenda, that's a heartless individual right there.

Gun violence is a bad thing but ANY kind of violence is bad! Why is it okay to go after guns but not ban other things that cause violence and tragic deaths? Why can't people understand why the 2nd amendment was written, why does hunting come up in this damn discussion?

I really hate that this crappy bill would label my sr-22 rifle as an assault weapon but I don't understand how any of my firearms that fall under this crazy woman's bill are assault weapons? They are firearms, that's all.

What is the groups opinion on a waiting period for said "assault weapons"?

dkf 12-31-2012 08:43 PM

Waiting periods and firearm permits are worthless IMO and they have proven to worthless time and time again.

Quote:

Connecticut - State law requires all handgun buyers to first obtain a pistol permit or eligibility certificate, which can take up to 90 days.

There is a 14-day waiting period and background check for buyers of rifles and shotguns, but only if purchased from a licensed gun dealer, and only unless the buyer does not have a pistol permit, eligibility certificate, or hunting license.
Feinswine did not even wait until the bodies were cold to go on her anti gun high horse.

As it sits under Feinswines bill my Rem 700DM (DM=Detachable Magazine) bolt action rifle would banned if not the approved list. Even if it was on the approved list it would have to go through the NFA process.

NoobCrawler 12-31-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70ford390 (Post 4100359)

Gun violence is a bad thing but ANY kind of violence is bad! Why is it okay to go after guns but not ban other things that cause violence and tragic deaths? Why can't people understand why the 2nd amendment was written, why does hunting come up in this damn discussion?

I hear ya! In the wrong hands, a gun is no better than a knife, razor blade, car, a stick, a bat, alcohol, a can of hair spray(when paired with a lighter), I think you get the picture. Should we just continue banning stuff that has the potential to kill? Or should we try to help the people who are committing these acts?

SINister 01-02-2013 10:15 AM

NSFW!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k1SZurGArxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NoobCrawler 01-02-2013 10:30 AM

That was brilliant! They'll just make the excuse that they're not really shooting someone, or some other BS excuse.:roll: But, that video definitely makes a point. While it is fake(as are Video Games, which also get blamed) it's up to the parents to teach their kids that that is fake and that guns shouldn't be played with. Unfortunately some parents are too "cool" to teach their kids. They just want to be their beat buddy.

JeremyH 01-04-2013 06:18 AM

Denny's is now serving up their own gun control:
Denny's tells police officers they cannot have guns inside restaurant

BUBBA069 01-04-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 4106043)
Denny's is now serving up their own gun control:
Denny's tells police officers they cannot have guns inside restaurant

Last I looked at the map Belleville is in Illinois, not Missouri as the article says. What some of these articles are not reporting, was they were there out of uniform, being rowdy, and their side arms were not concealed (even in a state were CCW is illegal). Customers were complaining (welcome to Illinois), so the manager asked them to leave. Snowballed from there.

Edit:
This is what I have been told from coworkers who live in Belleville.

JeremyH 01-04-2013 07:02 AM

Ahh....could be the case....I didnt even look that stuff up, just saw the story and thought it was interesting. There is a Belleville, MI (michigan)....perhaps the news mistook that for Missouri.

I would think that if they were being rowdy, the manager would have asked them to leave based on that instead of asking them to lock their guns in their cars.

BUBBA069 01-04-2013 07:10 AM

One of those stories where each side will stick to their story. I trust Bellville cops as far as I can kick one. They like to confiscate stuff. Horror stories of guys getting pulled over and being hassled. I lost a Gerber Gator knife to them in the late 90's.. avoided the place since.