Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New boots for school/work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New boots for school/work

Hey everyone im finally retiring my work boots that ive had 2.5-3 years, ive done just about everything in them and typically im pretty brutal on boots, im going to be going to school for 9 hours a day, then going to my part time job right after, all in the same boots, the boots im retiring are georgia waterproof boots, they dont have a huge heel but there kinda like logging boots. i loved them till recently when i couldnt stand on concrete for more than 3 hours before my legs and lower back started killing me. so what does everyone use for work? they have to be Boots, i currently have romeos and ariat cowboy boots, but i need actually lace up work boots for work and school. i was thinking Danners but im not sure.....i need some help thanks
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New boots for school/work

I'm of no help what so ever on brands, the only suggestion I can make is some sort of orthotic insert in the boot.
I had the same problem with my new boots; lace ups, high ankle support etc etc. my feet would ache like bastards end of the day even with sitting at a desk most of the day. I found with arch support in them all that went away very quickly. That and good quality socks go a long way.
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

okay thanks, yea my feet ache and my legs and back hurt while im standing, and my future job is in HVAC so ill be on my feet alot every day
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hands down the best boot I've every owned for being on your feet all day and on concrete. Worth every penny.

Product Detail
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm sure lots of people will agree, and even more disagree. But red wings. I stand for 11hrs a day. And for the last year and a half I have been wearing red wings and must say, damn! They honestly feel like running shoes. I wear them when I'm not at work too, trips to the grocery store and such. Thats my .02

cheers,
baconC

Sent from tapatalk
baconCHDDRchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

My last two pairs have been caterpillar. Cat boots are the most comfortable I've had on
Dgrouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlearner View Post
I'm of no help what so ever on brands, the only suggestion I can make is some sort of orthotic insert in the boot.
I had the same problem with my new boots; lace ups, high ankle support etc etc. my feet would ache like bastards end of the day even with sitting at a desk most of the day. I found with arch support in them all that went away very quickly. That and good quality socks go a long way.
Yes, good insoles with proper arch support, metatarsal button....not Doctor Scholls lol. Good boots..........Redwing is what I used to wear. Taller heels are harder on your back.

I've heard Wolverine and White's Boots are both good....that said good boots aren't cheap and good luck, keep us posted. I need a new pair too my Redwing Irish Setters have become too narrow dangit.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Scale Detail Engineering

I always liked RedWings & Terra when I worked in factories but now my most comfortable everyday boots are Bates Paratrooper.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
Got Worms?

Red wings are always a good choice.

Although, i borrowed a pair a double H boots afew years ago for a day...and those were some really comfortable boots.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Another plug for double H. Redwings in imo have very soft outsoles that wear out much faster than other brands.
nuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckle View Post
Another plug for double H. Redwings in imo have very soft outsoles that wear out much faster than other brands.
Pick up your feet
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

What type of hvac work. Commercial. Residential. New construction or remodel? After 20 years in the trade, be ready for some serious wear and tear on your hands. Tendinitis sucks in the winter. But I wear wolverines. Had very good luck with wear and comfort.
madtinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Pick up your feet

I am a industrial electrician spending most of my time on concrete and steel grating. I have owned and wore out three pairs of redwings and they did not last as long as wolverine and double H for me.
nuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Redwing for sure.
gabehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
... but now my most comfortable everyday boots are Bates Paratrooper.
Ahhh, years ago I had a pair of similar steel toe, non-side zip, nylon/canvas with leather that were pretty comfy.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I'm looking at the danner rainforest boots or super rainforest I can't remember exactly, I don't want redwings they don't fit the style I like and I will be hunting/fishing/working/and more in these boots
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I've been commercial HVAC for 15yrs (Local 33 Cleveland). All new construction / remodel

Red Wing Irish Setter are hands down the BEST boot you will own...Ive worn Wolverine and Danner. Both are good, but the Red Wings are FAR above for comfort. Current pair is 6yrs old and been re-soled twice.

The flat / wedge bottom like ironworkers wear is the key. I broke my back in a racing accident back in '05. These boots never give my back any problems!

Red Wing Irish Setter 896 Wing Shooter 400 grams Waterproof 9" Leather Boot | eBay
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
I've been commercial HVAC for 15yrs (Local 33 Cleveland). All new construction / remodel

Red Wing Irish Setter are hands down the BEST boot you will own...Ive worn Wolverine and Danner. Both are good, but the Red Wings are FAR above for comfort. Current pair is 6yrs old and been re-soled twice.

The flat / wedge bottom like ironworkers wear is the key. I broke my back in a racing accident back in '05. These boots never give my back any problems!

Red Wing Irish Setter 896 Wing Shooter 400 grams Waterproof 9" Leather Boot | eBay
cool thanks! im pretty exited to get into this industry, my dad has been doing it for 25 years and he loves it, hopefully i love it just as much
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, good insoles with proper arch support, metatarsal button....not Doctor Scholls lol. Good boots..........
Guess what I'm using...couldn't, can't and won't be able to afford $300 + for insoles.
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

If you want boots that were meant to be worn just about 24/7 then go with Corcoran or HH jump boots. Goin on 21 years on a pair of HH. Been resoled twice.
dasbeermeister is offline   Reply With Quote

New boots for school/work - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School of Doom - School Made Video Trailer LR3 Chit Chat 8 09-24-2010 09:26 AM
old school/new school chevy mud bogger josh hayes 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 10-01-2009 05:22 PM
Boots shift boots shock boots toy4crawlin Scale Accessories 4 06-16-2009 02:40 PM
Lets see your "School" bodies ... College, High School, etc. Locked Up Paint and Body 15 08-18-2008 12:09 AM
work boots... im in love! dieselfuel Chit Chat 32 10-17-2007 08:53 AM