Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 3D Crawler Game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Default 3D Crawler Game

Hi all,

1st post here so please be gentle

It's been a really long time for updates, I'm making a rock crawler game, but I have been updating this game a lot and is getting close to be ready for release, I invite you to check out the steam page for what it looks like now, you can check out some of the features and screenshots here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=194954063

Loads of features added: many open world scenes , easy/difficult courses to complete, additional under the hood servicing options, open top body option, how about flashing your headlights with a extra powerful highbeam mode: ..cars have much more articulation (if upgraded via the garage), better sounds, real-time simulated coil spring suspension links , independent suspension arms, 4wd/2wd/difflock, adjustable suspension height, tire sizes, tire tracks, nicer scene improvements, progressive damage and dirt, limited fuel amount, nice ingame icons, head/brake lights, upgrades like very low/high gearbox, engine upgrade, choose petrol or diesel, progressive repairs needed, body colouring, performance optimisations ( aka 60fps possible :0 ) , driver and steering wheel arm anims..

Comments/ideas welcome!

Cheers,
Kim

Last edited by khos85; 12-09-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
khos85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 3D Crawler Game

sorry bud don't install strange players on my pc
mark32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark32 View Post
sorry bud don't install strange players on my pc
Hi, thanks for your reply and your choice of course. If I could ask, what do you find strange about the plugin?

Would you be willing to have an offline download version to test with? If yes, I wouldn't mind to make that available.
I use software called Unity to create the game, it is quite well known and doubt it if there is anything strange going on with the web plugin.

Cheers,
Kim
Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i download the "strange" player and it worked fine with me nothing wrong at all.
The only things i dont understand is why is there a points value in the lower left corner? something soon to be added i can hope?
what will be the point of this game right now it seems like its open world? also maybe a different camera angle or be able to toggle threw different angles?
I understand its still in beta. looks like it has lots of potential though!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
i download the "strange" player and it worked fine with me nothing wrong at all.
The only things i dont understand is why is there a points value in the lower left corner? something soon to be added i can hope?
what will be the point of this game right now it seems like its open world? also maybe a different camera angle or be able to toggle threw different angles?
I understand its still in beta. looks like it has lots of potential though!
Many thanks for taking a look and providing feedback. It is very early days but playable already
I'm going to make some proper routes with markers (gates) to go through, the aim of the game will be to complete routes just like with real rock crawlers.. then as you pass these you'll get points, this then get calculated against how fast you completed the course in..to make a final score.
Will improve the car's body, scene's graphics much adding realistic objects like rocks,planks to go over.
I have a full time job so I can only do this once my little one's are in bed, burning the mid night candles so to speak..will take time to turn it into something nice.

Cheers,
Kim
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Been done try 1nsane
or am I the only that plays it still
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ultra4 has a nice game for your phone. Looks good.
HillbillyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
Been done try 1nsane
or am I the only that plays it still
Hi, is that a proper rock crawler game and RC too? Looks like it is more off road in general or am I wrong if I look at youtube vids?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyCrawler View Post
Ultra4 has a nice game for your phone. Looks good.
Where can I find a gameplay video or download this one from, I'm interested to how mine compares?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #10

I have updated the game quite a bit now, who's up for giving it a test run?
Let me know if yes, how can I make a 35 zip available via this forum?, a online version won't work well as the unzipped game is 72 MB, I think that might take to long to get ready through the Unity web player..
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by khos85 View Post
Where can I find a gameplay video or download this one from, I'm interested to how mine compares?
ITunes or Google play.
HillbillyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I want to give this game some testing.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hi, is that a proper rock crawler game and RC too? Looks like it is more off road in general or am I wrong if I look at youtube vids?
rock crawler game yes RC no its first person
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Got Worms?

Quote:
I have updated the game quite a bit now, who's up for giving it a test run?
Let me know if yes, how can I make a 35 zip available via this forum?, a online version won't work well as the unzipped game is 72 MB, I think that might take to long to get ready through the Unity web player..
Upload the file into your web host then we can download it via a link
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #15

Alright Folks, you can play an updated version here: Unity Web Player | ultimate rock crawler
Note only level one works, I disabled the other levels to make it quicker to load in this web player version, quit button won't work because it is a web player version. High scores table is not tested on web player version either.
Read the (still very basic) help text on the intro page on how to play and which functions you can use, e.g. w,a,s,d keys drive the crawler/buggy, left mouse click + drag allows you to rotate and change view, when playing you can press the 1 key to switch crawler bodies/shells (still a w.i.p) in realtime, added some more details, graphics objects..might need to remove or adjust tree heights to match that this is a RC model game When playing the level/driving you have to choose either a yellow or red route and try to complete this route as fast as possible. My advise while driving is use the accelerator (w key )only very gently, this make steering better, so take it slow but make it good first time
Hope you could have a look at give some feedback, hope you like it
The other levels have much more challenging courses to complete
Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyCrawler View Post
ITunes or Google play.

Actually looks quite nice this, thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

played some just a min or two ago. all i can say is wow! going from what it was when you started to what it is now, great job! the only thing i can say is maybe make the physics better? the wheel are really floppy which makes it harder to drive. also i did see you added or will soon be adding more buggies to drive?
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
played some just a min or two ago. all i can say is wow! going from what it was when you started to what it is now, great job! the only thing i can say is maybe make the physics better? the wheel are really floppy which makes it harder to drive. also i did see you added or will soon be adding more buggies to drive?
Cool , yes there are buggy bodies to choose from , if you press they 1 key while driving it should swap bodies... that function is not working so nicely yet... I'll make/change it so you choose a body at the intro screen.
I know the wheels are bit floppy , I'm looking to change that at some point too... there is quite a lot to do and it takes time if you're a one man band, with kids and job...
Thanks for looking and the feedback, appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #19

Hey everyone,

I hope you don't mind if plug my game a bit, I have submitted it to Steam for voting. See URL: Steam Greenlight :: UItimate Rock Crawler
I would love it if you can vote for it (hopefully give a thumbs up of course), what this could mean is that I will have a chance to turn this into a fully fledged Rock Crawler game, something I think that many people want!
I will continue to make it better all the time, this is just the start of it but hopefully I can get your vote.

If you vote I'll give you a free copy of the game

Cheers,
Kim
khos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Add the ability to buy/install performance upgrades using earned credits and add the ability to realistically tweak almost every aspect of your rig's setup and this game will be even more awesome!
supermoturd is offline   Reply With Quote

3D Crawler Game - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get your Crawler in a video GAME! BL44ST Chit Chat 1 03-30-2013 07:38 AM
crawler game? slowngreen Chit Chat 4 03-24-2009 04:19 PM
New crawler video Game Coligny Chit Chat 20 02-13-2008 01:19 AM
crawler game dotson Chit Chat 2 05-03-2006 08:57 PM
RCRG Name that Crawler GAME!!! toyofast Chit Chat 37 04-02-2006 08:00 PM