LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

Default which one wk or ax 10 to buy

i was wondering which one i should buy a wk or axial 10
hpiwhelyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I recently got inot this sport with 2 Wheely Kings, 1 for myself & 1 for my son. So far we are having a blast with these Wheely Kings, but for the money I have already put into them it would have been cheaper to go with AX10. Cheaper being a relative term, since getting hooked on these is as addicting as building and wheeling 1:1 wheelers.
hntz4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I agree with hntz4x4 very addictive. It depends on what you want if you want to bash buy a wheely king if you wnat a full on crawler buy an ax10.
CConROCKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have one of each, and you can't go wrong either way.

That said, I suggest the axial. The wheely king has to be lengthened at the very least, and the prices are basically the same. The axial is just ready to go as is.

If you want a dedicated crawler, it has to be the axial.
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I dont understand these newbie ?s, im mean lets get real, we can give advice or info to help, but we cant tell people what to buy! it erks me to see these ?s, it has to be up the the individual &what they want, we cant tell everybody what battery to use or what body they should go with, what motor &speed control to use, what tire &wheel combo to use what chassis to use. what color to use, but still yet this site gets filled up everyday with these?s. i like the site for the pics &info myself,but anyways oh well, i think its just a lil too much sometimes.
rctrucknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

IMO if you have any ambitions to do any crawling competitively the AX-10 is the only choice. It even offers more parts and options for building a nice scale truck if you wanted to. I think it's money better spent. Good luck
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrucknut View Post
I dont understand these newbie ?s, im mean lets get real, we can give advice or info to help, but we cant tell people what to buy! it erks me to see these ?s, it has to be up the the individual &what they want, we cant tell everybody what battery to use or what body they should go with, what motor &speed control to use, what tire &wheel combo to use what chassis to use. what color to use, but still yet this site gets filled up everyday with these?s. i like the site for the pics &info myself,but anyways oh well, i think its just a lil too much sometimes.
You've never asked a question seeking others advice or experiences?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
I'll probably get flamed for this as my first post but...

I could tell what the topic of this thread was in the title, as I can with most. If I like it I click, if I don't I skip it. I find it fairly easy to bypass threads that are not pf interest to me. This one was, as I plan to start my first build soon.

I suggest you try skipping some threads that have unappealing titles next time.
SinisterSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #9

imo i would get ax10 .forums are for questions. it took that guy longer to flame you than it would have taken to give his opinion. have fun crawling.
banchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I like my WK, but it's taken a lot more effort to make it into as good of a crawler that the AX-10 is out of the box.

But, if you're the type that enjoys beating his head against a wall, then the WK is the crawler for you. ;)
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

An AX 10 axle will never tolerate the abuse a Wheely king axle will. Just my opinion.

As for the axial being more cost effective... Give me a break.

WK comes with EVERYTHING.

Axial has no radio, no battery, no speed control...

Bang for the buck, a WK can be converted to a 12.5" capable crawler for far less then any AX 10.

Maybe the aftermarket is not as large as the axial, but everything you need is out there.

Yes the WK is top heavy, but unless you plan on competing, you wouldn't notice. You can take a STOCK WK and make it VERY capable with just some lockers and a little part manipulation to put the battery in front and the steering servo in the rear.

HPI plastic is another area that shines. The HPI plastic will bend and flex where the AX 10 will snap and send you home.

In Moab after the Nationals, it took 3 times off a 200ft. cliff to stop a WK.
....and that was only because the antenna wire was cut on the last crash.

I would pay money to be at the bottom when an AX 10 went over that same cliff. Can you say explosion??

Don't listen to me though, I'm just a dumbass.

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Says the newbie with horrible spelling that joined in 2008.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
Hell's Gnome

I have both, WK is fun with the wheele thing for a bit, but that gets old. Scorpion is very adaptable and I like having to put it together and the electronics are aditional learning experience. Wk chassis can be changed around to be a crawler, but thats more of a pain, in my opinion. I guess the scorpion could go fast also, but it's more for crawling.

I think WheelChair does not know about or forgot about the RTR scorpion, which does come with all the electronics.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocjeeper View Post
I think WheelChair does not know about or forgot about the RTR scorpion, which does come with all the electronics.

I saw one of these at a recent comp and was very impressed. I was thinking that I might go that route for a crawler for the wife. Like the WK, the AX-10 plastic links are very forgiving.
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocjeeper View Post

RTR is $$$!!

To each their own... part of the WK experience is the fact you get to work on and change things...

Either truck would be good for most people. I get tired of replacing parts.

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #16
Hell's Gnome

They are all $$$, thats part of the hobby.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiwhelyking View Post
i was wondering which one i should buy a wk or axial 10
OCM or Berg
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Definitely get a wheely king. Tuff as hell. Buy an ax10, and than another couple hundred dollars goes into upgrades to make the axles strong as a stock wk axle.
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #19
Nope..

I've got both and I love both. If you are crawling either one is a good option. If you want something to beat on, get the WK. The RTR Ax is a joke. That was AX TRYING to compete with the WK and failing horridly.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #20

Default Re: which one wk or ax 10 to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSnake View Post
I'll probably get flamed for this as my first post but...

I could tell what the topic of this thread was in the title, as I can with most. If I like it I click, if I don't I skip it. I find it fairly easy to bypass threads that are not pf interest to me. This one was, as I plan to start my first build soon.

I suggest you try skipping some threads that have unappealing titles next time.
Exactly, If you don't like to Thread topic, keep on scrolling. Not hard!
MAK_PrecisionRC is offline   Reply With Quote