Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Dodge revealed the 2015 "Worlds Fastest Sedan" today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #81

Default Re: Dodge revealed the 2015 "Worlds Fastest Sedan" today

yeah. 700hp with a clueless moron behind the wheel aint ever gonna be good. there were already a bunch of idiots buying dodges before this, maybe with the 700hp we can darwin some of them away, and i pray they only take themselves out.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #82
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
maybe with the 700hp we can darwin some of them away, and i pray they only take themselves out.
Sounds like you have an evil plan.

I want in.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #83

hopefully it scares people more than kills them, and at least the motor and drivetrains hold up for motor swaps.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Meh. When they style the Charger like it was from 68-70, I might get excited. Just can't get past the 4 doors. Plus I used to have a 69 and a 70.

Not a problem though bud, the 4 door Chargers will get past the 2 door Chargers in a heartbeat. Sure I like the styling of the 68-70 chargers, but to throw such a great car under the bus because it has too many doors is just silly.

I drive a heavily modified Magnum. A lot of the old school Mopar guys gave/give me crap and look down their nose at me... at car shows, GTGs or the track. When they see my ETs, and learn I wrench on my own car, most of them change their tune.

The LX/LC line of Mopars is a great platform, american muscle wrapped up in a body that a grown ups can get away with as a family car. They are sleepers, my wagon, a charger sedan or the biggest sleeper of them all, the 300... just so much fun.

besides, I love racing "real sports cars" at the track. My 4500 lb wagon putts a lot of mustangs, camaros and 'vettes on the trailer. There is always somebody faster at the track, and I'm not the top dog, but I aint the slowest by a long shot. Just funny that when I line up against a 2 door car, they automatically think I'm an easy win.

I've never understood the blanket dismissal of the 4 door chargers, especially after they started kicking butt at the track. just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
A real SEDAN
^^ I hate to be the one to point this out, but that's not a sedan... it only has 2 doors. I love the 68-69 Superbees, but they ain't sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I wish a couple of these big car company's would just make an exact replica of the popular muscle cars. A re-release. Just with the modern engines and creature comforts. They'd kill on the sale floor. Can you imagine going out and buying an "old" nova with 5 miles?
Ya mean like a New Challenger?? So far mopar is the only one to actually bring a car to market that resembles it's muscle era lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
A 700 hp sedan passed a 550 HP station wagon, say it ain't so.
why stop at 550hp for a wagon?? I say push it up closer to 900...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
No it doesn't, that's awesome. And to all the people that think 707hp is no big whoop.

They have armed the public, who probably shouldn't be having this much power with a pretty lethal device.

I betcha we'll hear an equal amount of stories about crashes as we do about 1/4 mile times.
^^ Yep, just as we do with every new supercar, or high horsepower car that hits the dealerships. Just too many dumb people out there with the money to buy cars which they can't handle, or don't respect the power they put down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
yeah. 700hp with a clueless moron behind the wheel aint ever gonna be good. there were already a bunch of idiots buying dodges before this, maybe with the 700hp we can darwin some of them away, and i pray they only take themselves out.
wow, nice wide sweeping totally incompetent and disrespectful statement. Classy!

There's moron's behind the wheel of every type of car. Just search google or youtube for the mustang week 'burnout' wrecks, where guys are crashing one after the other pulling out of parking lots onto city streets... Or the Corvette club guys wrecking at track rentals...

FYI - the Hellcat comes with two keys, regular key and a red key which unlocks the 707... So you can let the wife drive it without allowing her all the beans to get hurt.

The new hellcats are sick muscle cars. They're a wonderful factory car, and if you're a gearhead, ya gotta respect 'em, even if ya don't like 'em. If they offered a new Magnum Hellcat, I'd be all over it... since that ain't gonna happen, I'm building my own.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

The midlife crisis douchebags are always good for the steady supply of bad ass drive trains in the junk yards.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Default Dodge revealed the 2015 "Worlds Fastest Sedan" today

Quote:
The midlife crisis douchebags are always good for the steady supply of bad ass drive trains in the junk yards.

Yep, and it's great that the vast majority of these new parts are compatible with the other Hemis.

I am looking forward to beating up on the unknowing hellcat owner at the track. There are douche bags behind the wheel of every type of car, and as much as I love my Mopar family, the hellcat will have more than it's fair share of 'em.

Last edited by BadWagon; 12-21-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

There is a c5 vette that runs at the auto x track. He puts down a legitimate 1000 hp to the tires. Unfortunately for him the old dude with a mildly built carbed c4 whips his ass every single weekend. All the horse power in the world means dick if you can't get it to hook. The dude in the c5 just thinks he needs more horse power to beat the old guy.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #88
MODERATOR™

Quote:
All the horse power in the world means dick if you can't get it to hook.
That was my theory, kinda. And being poor supported my theories at the time. I over tired (rubber) my car so all I had to do was floor it all the time.
Vette's and other cars of the same ilk just don't seem to kick enough ass at AutoX's. Weird kinda. Big cars and tight spaces. Rhino in a glass something... or something.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That was my theory, kinda. And being poor supported my theories at the time. I over tired (rubber) my car so all I had to do was floor it all the time.
Vette's and other cars of the same ilk just don't seem to kick enough ass at AutoX's. Weird kinda. Big cars and tight spaces. Rhino in a glass something... or something.
Our courses don't discriminate. There are plenty of bigger cars that make it through without issue. The vette dude just can't handle the power and IF he manages to not loop out he clips a few cones with the tail as he's sliding around.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #90
MODERATOR™

I call those types, crap drivers.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

1000 hp and auto cross don't go well together
Old 12-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I call those types, crap drivers.
I ain't no Mario Andretti but I know better than to try using a 20lb sledge to hang a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
1000 hp and auto cross don't go well together
Hell no! It's a monster on a larger road course though!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #93
MODERATOR™

Quote:
I ain't no Mario Andretti but I know better than to try using a 20lb sledge to hang a picture.
The closest sensation I've come to that is on Gran Turismo, with Senna's 1000 hp 97T turbo six F1 car. A virtual thrill beyond normal games.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

I've played a few driving games and none of them do much for me. I guess the inability to get out and shoot someone who cuts me off like on GTA takes the fun out of them.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #95
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
This happened just a couple of miles from my house. What an idiot. Wonder if his insurance had been setup yet?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #96
MODERATOR™

Old 01-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Love how fast the traffic behind them drops out of sight !
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #98
~THE SCALE SHOP~

saw that earlier. I cant remember C7Z HP levels but id be curious what they ran too, and when aero advantages take over.
hellcat was shutting him down good.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #99
MODERATOR™

Z06 has 650 hp, 650 tq
Old 01-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #100
Donkey Punch Champion!

I don't buy that hellcat vs vette video. However it goes...there is always someone faster. It's just another sword/penis fight anyway. Carry on...
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote

Dodge revealed the 2015 "Worlds Fastest Sedan" today - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Official" Fastest Wraiths on RCC thread. Calderwood Axial Wraith 77 04-02-2015 09:20 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Hand Built Lucra LC470 "fastest road car" STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 5 01-18-2013 09:27 PM