Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Comp classes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
TEAM MODERATOR

Default Comp classes

This is something a few of us have been talking about within E.T.R.C. Other groups might have simular ideas. I personally(and others) would like to see another class of crawlers. I think if the trucks were closer together spec wise it would add alot of challenge and make it more of a drivers comp. In the end I think it would make better drivers out of all of us.

Heres the ideas I've got for the classes......

A 2.2 class thats simular to the current,keep it the way it is or maybe even make it a little more scale. Up to 12.5" wheelbase and 70% body(tubers are O.K.

Modified(or whatever you wanna call it) On steering.....4WS or dig,one or the other....not both. No limit on tires and chassis. You have to run a traditional style 2,3 or 4 link(like the big boys). From a 12.5" to 15" wheelbase and 70% of the body(tubers are O.K.)

Super modified(or whatever you wanna call it) The skies the limit basically. Build anything you can dream up. IMHO,I think it should have a limit to 2 axles and 4 tires,we're still building crawlers here No limit on steering,suspention,chassis or body. From a 14.5" to the moon" wheelbase

Last edited by Reflection; 11-28-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The problem I see is that, 1. You split the 2.2 class up and may not have enough for either class, and 2. It's hard enough to run a comp w/ only 2 classes as it is.

If a class is added, I would rather see a scale class added like they run in Nor Cal.

That's my 2 cents.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I think many would consider the scale class a spec/stock class.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to see a 14in open class added. A scale class would be cool just have it's own comp for the scalers. I say that b/c I don't have a scale rig....lol
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
RCC Addict

yeah, i would like to see a scale class first before anything else. but, even with a scale class, you would STILL have to kind of split that up into 2 groupings: links and leafs.....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #6
RCCRAWLER TEAM DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
even with a scale class, you would STILL have to kind of split that up into 2 groupings: links and leafs.....
Maybe more 2.2 wheels and tires link, 2.2 wheels leaf ,1.9 wheels link, 1.9 leaf so that would be 4 classes. Hard body or lexan body where does it end. And the 2.2 is all ready a drivers class IMO.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
The problem I see is that, 1. You split the 2.2 class up and may not have enough for either class, and 2. It's hard enough to run a comp w/ only 2 classes as it is.

If a class is added, I would rather see a scale class added like they run in Nor Cal.

That's my 2 cents.
Right on! IMO I feel that if the classes were to change then it would just open up more options for courses. I am sure that some of you have already noticed the courses are becomming a little harder and a little more technical then when you first started in crawling. Say that the 2.2 class was granted the power of rear steer, courses would start having super tight turns and would adapt to be more challenging.

I like the idea of being able to CHOOSE 1 mod from a list, for example you might be able to choose from rear steer, front dig, frankenstein tires or some other crazy contraptions that you would benefit from. So then you would have trucks with rear steer competeing with trucks with dig, it's still a drivers game and it would still be about the technology put into the trucks. I don't think that we should discourage people from building rigs that "push the envelope" if you know what I meen. Again not to be nostalgic or anything but look how far the technology put in to the trucks has come just in the past year! Do we really want to limit people? And slow the advance of the Crawler? Just my opinion let me know what yall think!

~Jason
phishead1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #8
Web Wheeling

Our club ran 2 2.2 classes and one super class for our first season. For the 2.2's we had the normal class, then the modifed class which only added rear steer. We only had 2 trucks in the modified class for the season.. There were a few comps were one or two new people would show up with rear steer as well, but they did not show up for more then 2 comps.

We probably will not do the modified next season. But we are working on a scale class that is ment to be more fun and laid back.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Our local club here is running a scale class next season. Its more of a timed trail run that a crawling run. I think the current 2.2 and super rules should stand. If we started changing to "unlimited 2.2" then your just changing to super class. So, that woud be stupid in my opinion.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #10
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Our scale class is just for fun, not competition.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote