Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rc4wd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #1

Default Rc4wd

Well long story short. Order product that has not shown up. Placed order on December 26th. I'm guessing it was lost in the mail. Should have arrived on Jan. 5th. Been going back and forth with email and they still haven't made this right even after stating they'll send another which in my opinion should have been overnighted.Terrible customer service. Dealt with enough online stores and never has it been this tough to resolve an issue like this. I'd ask them to refund my money and go elsewhere but I'm guessing that could take months. I'll not buy from them again. It's sad really because what they make are really nice products but kinda useless if you don't receive them. Buyers beware. This has been a public service announcement
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rc4wd

I've ordered from them several times and never had an issue.
I'm on the other side of the world and have to wait about 3-4 weeks for delivery.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I ordered a gear set and a set of four tires the same time jan 8. Gears came yesterday. No sign of the tires. Odd. Would be nice to have at least a memo saying they're on back order or something. Gears came fast.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

All the RC3WD FAIL threads should be combined into one thread, then sticky-ed right in their vendor's section.

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Maybe a mod will do that someday ;)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
MODERATOR™

Start holding your breath.

So, if griz is guessing the mail lost it, how is it RC4WD's issue?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I ordered wheels and tires from them recently. Apparently, the wheels have to come from China via DHL and the tires are stocked in California.

It was a nightmare to get DHL here but I finally got them after getting the wrong tracking number from RC4WD. Never a good sign when the DHL driver asks you for directions to a near by town lol.

After I emailed RC4WD I was told they are combining warehouses eventually so it won't be a hassle in the future. I'll still buy RC4WD parts....from RPP.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yep. Sorry I blew up guys. Just got an email that the rest of my orders shipped. Just didn't have a forewarning that they were be separate and or days different.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Last "issue" i had was ordering 2 in stock items. Got separate tracking for each item, one shipped within 3 days, the other had to be shipped from some corner of the world to the U.S. warehouse then to me. I dont understand why they cant drop ship from thw different warehouses until this consolidation is finished
nharkey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #10

Lets see because Eeepee after they told me to check with my post office and informed me they'd check with usps they replied stating they'd ship it out and that was almost a week ago now and haven't heard from them even after multiple emails. On a side note it was on their end because post office stated it never left California. I'm only on the east coast. Not communicating with me in my opinion is lousy customer service. Thanks for asking though
Old 01-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

It sounds like this is more of communication problem then a shipping problem...... MOD there have been more and more problems from rc4wd and becoming more and more frequent from the community. all Gris is asking is for communication since they have no phone number listed on site. He is frustrated and by far not in a very understanding mood. So if RC4WD doesn't want this then they should make it right. whether it is to reship or figure it out. Customer service and communication goes along way
goofylundeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #12
MODERATOR™

I understand. I just went through a slight USPS ordeal myself. I'm also pretty confident RC4WD will take of him as they seem to do with everyone. Don't think this is something new about RC4WD. You can find quite a few threads talking about the same thing.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Start holding your breath.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I hate trying to deal with RC4WD. They are fortunate that they make parts no one else does, because I will go a long ways out of my way to not deal with them.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #15

rc4wd had much better customer service when hua was basically the only dude there.

if you dont know who hua is, yer a newb.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I know they do better getting venders stocked. But nobody else showed the tires I wanted in stock. While I was making an order I included the gears. I've ordered direct a few times. Never been gipped yet.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #17

Well finally a reply email. We are having them shipped from our Japanese. Warehouse. If I wanted Japanese products I'd have went to asiatees. So this will take 4-7 to get here then we'll ship to you. What a joke. I replied simply refund my money. Mind you this is for wheel hexes. Company is a joke
Old 01-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Hello all,

Please understand we are transitioning some things and when this happens it can be tough to get things up and running as quickly as one would like.

On the checkout page and many other pages we have it listed to notify that we are shipping in split shipments and product may come from two different warehouse/locations. Transit times are listed and we are also trying to send email notifications. Please check your spam folder as sometimes these responses end up there.

Anyone with an issue are welcome to email our support line and ask to talk with me. I will do everything in my power to get your issue resolved as quickly as I can. Worst case I can try and explain what is going on with your order to reassure you that you will get your product. In some cases I am not as fast as the rest of the staff. I travel for the company a good deal. So please understand my response may be a day or two.

As a company we have never forgot where we started and we know that our customers are what drive our business. We have always tried to do the best thing even if we have to short change ourselves.

Please understand that checking the forums and different postings can be hard to do. So email is the best route. If you feel that we are not treating you fairly, tell us. Some of our customer service staff are new and may not always have all the answers, so please be patient if possible. If not, ask for me.

support@rc4wd.com

Thank you,
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I'm lucky enough that my LHS carries RC4WD. If they don't have it, they can order it.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #20
RCC Addict

When you checkout, there is a NOTICE that says that some shipments will be delayed or coe in different boxes due to the separate warehouses that the parts come from.

Don't be complaining about shipping... it's not RC4WD's fault....
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote