Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I want my old account back!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

Default I want my old account back!!!!

Hey guys, veteran RC crawler here. Some of you may remember me as ILRCRC or the pain in the ass kid. I haven't been on this forum in yearssssssssss, literally almost ten. Must say it hasn't changed one bit with exception of sub forum topics, probably some new faces as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if any admins on here remember me and if all possible to restore my old account? I entered the username when I created this account and it says it's taken already(its the same as this one without '91' at the end. I would really like to recover some of my old threads and pictures. Fact is we didn't have kits you could buy back then and we were creating 100% one of kind designs, not that all were pretty. I look at my RC stuff every time I go into the garage and its something that has been on the back of my mind. So, to any Admin, help would be greatly appreciated.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I want my old account back!!!!

It happen to me to.I think i got some emails saying they were changing and that my account had to be updates but i ignored it,that was a while back.To make a long story short I tried the same thing with no luck i think it was because i did change my email address and mods had no luck of my account....
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We took a vote in your absence and decided your old name was dumb so no, you can't have it back. We're going to take a vote on your new name soon and the chances of it remaining are slim so I'd start thinking about what your next name will be now.

Good luck getting jason or badger to show up. You'd have a chance if you can get axial to release a new rig but that will take a while.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post

Good luck getting jason or badger to show up. You'd have a chance if you can get axial to release a new rig but that will take a while.
Or maybe buy a unimog.
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheGenus View Post
Or maybe buy a unimog.
Yea that'll get badgers attention.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #6

Quote:
lol I miss those two love birds.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #7

Is RC Crawling dead? All the products available seem pretty much unchanged. AX-10 was just being released when I stepped out. Now theres just an overwhelming amount of beadlocks to choose from First build thread I looked at.... VW bug. How orginal. What has changed in the last 8 years?
Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin91 View Post
lol I miss those two love birds.
We do too. Daddy and daddy don't love us anymore.

Quote:
Is RC Crawling dead? All the products available seem pretty much unchanged. AX-10 was just being released when I stepped out. Now theres just an overwhelming amount of beadlocks to choose from First build thread I looked at.... VW bug. How orginal. What has changed in the last 8 years?
Look around more and put a chin strap on your helmet to keep your jaw from slacking to your chest. The advances in technology and design has blown up. Today's sportsman rig (shafty, 2.2's, no dig, single steering axle) will beat yesteryears pro moa.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #9

Quote:
We do too. Daddy and daddy don't love us anymore.

Look around more and put a chin strap on your helmet to keep your jaw from slacking to your chest. The advances in technology and design has blown up. Today's sportsman rig (shafty, 2.2's, no dig, single steering axle) will beat yesteryears pro moa.
I have been digging around. You are right todays rigs will shit on yesterdays. Theres still nothing new, just mass produced parts that we were building ourselves back in the day. Oh and wow some more powerful motors and smaller ESCs.

Theyre still the same typical chassis, with axles that were used 10 years ago just different internals and bolt ons. Ok Ok a couple vendors offering stripped down housings you can build yourself. Slow down overwhelming me here.Typical spectrum DX3 lol oh wow jaw hit the floor there. Few new ESCs out there for compact lightweight design. Dont forget the BEC.... Looks like steering has come a little ways as you can turn a few extra degrees tighter with the improved yokes. Boy oh boy crazyyyyyy Oh and the scaled down light bars and dual winch setups OH MY GOD my jaw just broke. Rubber might have changed a little bit for tire compounds too....

Please show me something thatll make my jaw hit the floor.....

No offence the sticky in the electronics goes back to 2006, latest update 2011. I really feel like I got dumber after browsing through. Just more updated on parts availability.

Build threads back in the day were build threads. Not bolting it together threads.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

What were you expecting to find after coming back? Miniature humans to drive our scalers and comp crawlers driving on the moon?
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have been digging around. You are right todays rigs will shit on yesterdays. Theres still nothing new, just mass produced parts that we were building ourselves back in the day. Oh and wow some more powerful motors and smaller ESCs.

Theyre still the same typical chassis, with axles that were used 10 years ago just different internals and bolt ons. Ok Ok a couple vendors offering stripped down housings you can build yourself. Slow down overwhelming me here.Typical spectrum DX3 lol oh wow jaw hit the floor there. Few new ESCs out there for compact lightweight design. Dont forget the BEC.... Looks like steering has come a little ways as you can turn a few extra degrees tighter with the improved yokes. Boy oh boy crazyyyyyy Oh and the scaled down light bars and dual winch setups OH MY GOD my jaw just broke. Rubber might have changed a little bit for tire compounds too....

Please show me something thatll make my jaw hit the floor.....

No offence the sticky in the electronics goes back to 2006, latest update 2011. I really feel like I got dumber after browsing through. Just more updated on parts availability.

Build threads back in the day were build threads. Not bolting it together threads.

A couple extra degrees of turning? 70* is now pretty typical with the right parts. Dluxfab.com has weights for the knuckles that drop it into the foam so it's lower and further out. Speaking of foam... crawler innovations is making some fantastic foam these days too.

Only scale nerds run wheel weight these days. Everything is knuckle weight now. Couple that with tiny lipo packs, micro esc's and huge power plants and we can now jump gaps that we aren't able to crawl.

Chassis design has changed a lot more than you've seen so far. Geometry options are different and everyone runs a buffalo belly type chassis with the rear half hiked up out of the way so breakover obstacles are easier. Link mounts on the axles have changed a good bit too. Now with the desTROY plate for scx axles and dlux sporty trusses for ar60's we have lower COG options and better steering servo placement too.

To say tires have changed is a crazy understatement too. Off the shelf tires will kill the fanciest cut & shuts from back in the day. Today's cut & shuts are insane.

Sure the same ol spektrum radios are out there. But we now have losikid hacking radios for 9 channels for under $100 out the door.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

There are no admins anymore, they've all exited stage left.

Eepee's in charge, when he doesn't have his head in a case of Natty.

Nothing's changed, but everything's different.

Welcome back.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

Welcome back.
Can we just give the keys to THX_138 already? He needs something to do other than delete pictures that are too big and approve sale ads.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

Welcome back.

Last edited by BigSki; 01-07-2017 at 10:30 PM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can we just give the keys to THX_138 already? He needs something to do other than delete pictures that are too big and approve sale ads.
I second that motion
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

You are in no position to make demands, you turncoat
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Hey guys, veteran RC crawler here. Some of you may remember me as ILRCRC or the pain in the ass kid. I haven't been on this forum in yearssssssssss, literally almost ten. Must say it hasn't changed one bit with exception of sub forum topics, probably some new faces as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if any admins on here remember me and if all possible to restore my old account? I entered the username when I created this account and it says it's taken already(its the same as this one without '91' at the end. I would really like to recover some of my old threads and pictures. Fact is we didn't have kits you could buy back then and we were creating 100% one of kind designs, not that all were pretty. I look at my RC stuff every time I go into the garage and its something that has been on the back of my mind. So, to any Admin, help would be greatly appreciated.

I just went back and browsed through your old account.

Nothing is locked, nothing is blocked and no access is limited in any fashion.
You simply need to use your password and log-in. There's no reason to not use the open active account you talk about wanting restored, there's nothing to "restore".

Honestly, multiple accounts from the same person aren't allowed and you shouldn't have this second account.

I will say though, while browsing through your old account and it's 1,980 posts, and after reading your comment here about wanting your old account back because of all your valuable info....
I didn't see much of what you were talking about. I seen endless threads by you that you took on bad paths, caused all sorts of problems and ultimately they either were moved to chit chat or banned and deleted.

You seemingly had a bad habit for getting under people's skin and the mods and admins spanked you regularly.

Last edited by THX_138; 01-08-2017 at 05:54 PM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #18

Quote:
You're just cranky because I make you reduce your enormous sized images to something resembling normal.
Save the big sizes for your Farrah Faucet pics on the ceiling over your bed
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
You're just cranky because I make you reduce your enormous sized images to something resembling normal.
Save the big sizes for your Farrah Faucet pics on the ceiling over your bed
Farrah faucet was a bit before my time old man. I had a giant Lamborghini countache on my wall, not a cave painting of a model a.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #20
M J
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Farrah faucet was a bit before my time old man. I had a giant Lamborghini countache on my wall, not a cave painting of a model a.
So... Samantha Fox?
M J is offline   Reply With Quote

I want my old account back!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New account help!! Rocky4x4 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 5 04-26-2013 05:41 PM
Account help PLEASE! Super Fabricaion Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 04-04-2012 01:25 PM
my old account Bembick Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 12-23-2010 10:59 AM
new account name some87 New Mexico 16 04-11-2009 11:56 AM
Account TWISTER Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 11-13-2006 03:16 PM