Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Don’t you hate it when you are missing an item.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2024, 12:52 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Don’t you hate it when you are missing an item.

Started a RC4WD D90 build today. Got the axles built, the links built and the transmission ready. Thought I should get all the other parts together. Going with the Heritage Pickup body so I thought the RC4WD 1.55 Narrow TSLs on Landies would look great. I spent an hour digging in my shop for the tires. Found the Landies right where I expected but no tires. Thought maybe I screwed up and never ordered the tires so I checked RC4WDs site and found that they haven’t shipped them yet. Guess I will build it out an almost roller then switch to the Body set.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2024, 06:35 AM   #2

Default Re: Don’t you hate it when you are missing an item.

I do hate this! I like to have all the components at my house awaiting me. It is frustrating when you are awaiting parts. Sometimes I do not know exactly where I am going with a build and in that case I am unable to order all components up front. That makes for a bunch of waiting in between building. That is kind of how my VRD Carbon build is going. I was not sure which body, tires, wheels and color scheme I wanted to go with. I think I am slowly figuring it out multiple orders and tracking numbers later.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I do hate this! I like to have all the components at my house awaiting me. It is frustrating when you are awaiting parts. Sometimes I do not know exactly where I am going with a build and in that case I am unable to order all components up front. That makes for a bunch of waiting in between building. That is kind of how my VRD Carbon build is going. I was not sure which body, tires, wheels and color scheme I wanted to go with. I think I am slowly figuring it out multiple orders and tracking numbers later.
I think I have almost everything now. Still waiting on my tires but I am using some temps for now. Still thinking through the motor/esc. I have a couple new Mambas/2200 combos and have a Fusion Pro 2300 on the way. Still trying to decide if I am going to have a moving steering wheel and arms on my driver or not. Also not sure if I am going basic lights of full on lights. But still have to decide whack bumpers to use and if I want a spare tire mount and a roll bar or not.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Especially if you're racing against the clock!

Here's what I like to do. I didn't do this specifically when I started my builds, but I did keep track on what I have bought for previous builds and I try to change things up on some stuff. I know sometimes certain things don't go accordingly so you gotta switch things up. But writing it down and making a list, especially if you've got multiple builds/others to redo or alter, does help me stay on track on what ideas I have thought of.

Just for fun, the check mark means I have that part, small number beside the part is the cost of it, bottom number is rough total to have everything for the build to start. And technically, this Utron build doesn't need driveshafts since I can just use the stock ones.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 04:54 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I tend to forget more often then not about some misplaced purchases, and tend to buy them a second time. So now that im getting older, i take pictures/screenshots of the parts/purchases and add them to a picture folder for that specific project.

It's how I've been keeping my non existing builds organized. Just taking pictures, screenshots, ideas. In between, theres buying the parts, colors, etc, gathering all the bits and pieces till the build begins

Last edited by Gula; 02-07-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM   #6

How about when you order from Chai-na and wait two+ weeks and receive the wrong parts? Damn you, Injora!
Old 02-16-2024, 07:42 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Dude, I ordered a Tamiya TL01 replacement chassis on Dec 22 from Japan. Got notification that it will get here next week. I hopes they got it right.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 06:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Dude, I ordered a Tamiya TL01 replacement chassis on Dec 22 from Japan. Got notification that it will get here next week. I hopes they got it right.
Wow talk about a delay!

Don’t you hate it when you are missing an item. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help y’all don’t know what going on Slatos! Electronics 3 04-20-2021 02:26 AM
**new item**the screw catcher standard size flat mat**new item** Team CowRC Tools and supplies 4 03-27-2013 04:23 PM