Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: SCX10 is dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SCX10 is dead?

Well tower blew out the deadbolt, and it has been moved to the legacy section on axials website.

I think it is safe to say that it is officially out of productions.

I am happy that I have one of towers few remaining deadbolts in the mail set to arrive by the end of the week.

Mixed feelings that this one will be the last upgrade/take off build using the old axials.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: SCX10 is dead?

I wouldn't say dead, though. There must be an endless number of scx10s out there, needing upgrades etc. for years to come!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Well tower blew out the deadbolt, and it has been moved to the legacy section on axials website.

I think it is safe to say that it is officially out of productions.

I am happy that I have one of towers few remaining deadbolts in the mail set to arrive by the end of the week.

Mixed feelings that this one will be the last upgrade/take off build using the old axials.
The sad thing is a lot of us got confirmation that our orders had been placed and now we're receiving emails today stating that we would not be getting a deadbolt. I called tower and explained that I knew life isn't always fair but at tge same time after you get an email confirming that your order had been placed that they need to have something a little better to say than sorry but your not getting one. And from what I was told the orders far succeeded what they had in stock. But they went on to say that they were trying to figure something out. So we'll see. Hopefully the people who didn't get one will get something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
4kids crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
I wouldn't say dead, though. There must be an endless number of scx10s out there, needing upgrades etc. for years to come!

I have had multiple scx10's since my first kit and all were built from after market parts, so yes. But at the same time all in one location and officially being a OEM scx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids crawlin View Post
The sad thing is a lot of us got confirmation that our orders had been placed and now we're receiving emails today stating that we would not be getting a deadbolt.

I was afraid of that thankfully mine is in the mail.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I have had multiple scx10's since my first kit and all were built from after market parts, so yes. But at the same time all in one location and officially being a OEM scx10

I was afraid of that thankfully mine is in the mail.
Maybe they'll take care of the one's that were confirmed and give us all 10.2 deadbolts.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids crawlin View Post
Maybe they'll take care of the one's that were confirmed and give us all 10.2 deadbolts.

Hoping for you.................
Old 11-28-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hoping for you.................
The crazy thing is one guy on there fb post said someone probably bought a bunch of them to resale. And there response to him was someone may or may not have purchased 20. I'm like who is this guy making the comments for tower.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I knew I shoulda scooped one of them up!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I wish the new SCX10IIs came with an interior like the OG Axial Wraith
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #10

I can't believe it was still around. The OG SCX10's time has long passed. The SCX10 II took its place and I don't see that being updated in a long, long time. Since they were bought by Horizon the competition was really reduced to virtually nothing. Horizon is already doing its best to water down the Ascender and make it not worthy. They are also killing off all of the Losi/Vaterra crawling kits.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I don't see it as either/or.. I have some scx10s and one of them upgraded with SSD SCX10.2 conversion kit. I might get another conversion kit one day. I think it's a gliding/smooth transition between the two.. I don't see why the OG is 'outdated'.. you can drive it for years to come.. just convert to the newer axles when you want.. it's all good..

I'm NOT saying Axial should keep the OG SCX10 in production, of course .. just that there's no reason to throw away your own scx10..

Last edited by tjohanne; 12-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I still own, and run, several 1st gen scx10s
Old 12-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Guy's I must say that I have the utmost respect for tower hobbies. My wife had an approved order and then received an email later Wednesday that because of the mass orders that they didn't have enough to fill hers. So after calling and talking with tower they gave me a deadbolt 2 at a reasonable amount. But I did have a confirmation number that the order went through so that helped a lot.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I don't see it as either/or.. I have some scx10s and one of them upgraded with SSD SCX10.2 conversion kit. I might get another conversion kit one day. I think it's a gliding/smooth transition between the two.. I don't see why the OG is 'outdated'.. you can drive it for years to come.. just convert to the newer axles when you want.. it's all good..

I'm NOT saying Axial should keep the OG SCX10 in production, of course .. just that there's no reason to throw away your own scx10..

You're absolutely right. It's no more than restoring or upgrading an older 1:1 rig or car with newer technology.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
RCC Addict

there are only a couple of things I like about the newer SCX10IIs, which are the CMS, axles, and same old OG AX10 transmission
Old 12-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I actually scrounged for a local nice deadbolt a few months back and just got done upgrading it. I still love the old style scx10.
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
I actually scrounged for a local nice deadbolt a few months back and just got done upgrading it. I still love the old style scx10.
Me too. I only wish more bodies (interiors) were made to accomodate for the rather tall transmission case. The axle centre pumpkin is big, but they are strong!

Old 12-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Me too. I only wish more bodies (interiors) were made to accomodate for the rather tall transmission case. The axle centre pumpkin is big, but they are strong!

There are a few limited options. However, and this is opinion, the OG scx10 becomes a better trucks when you use the GCM forward mounted transmission kit, add a transfercase and give yourself lots of room for interior.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #19
RCC Addict

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't buy one for $150 just so I can say I only paid that much.

Either way, there's so many OG SCX10s out there that they're kind of like Jeep Cherokees at this point (regardless of the actual 10.2 Cherokee). I think a lot of people write off the AX10 axles since the portal craze and smaller pumpkins took over but some XR modded, OD/UD Ax10 axles are still perfectly capable with a good driver.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I'm kind of disappointed I didn't buy one for $150 just so I can say I only paid that much.

Either way, there's so many OG SCX10s out there that they're kind of like Jeep Cherokees at this point (regardless of the actual 10.2 Cherokee). I think a lot of people write off the AX10 axles since the portal craze and smaller pumpkins took over but some XR modded, OD/UD Ax10 axles are still perfectly capable with a good driver.
Most people that tried to buy them for $150 couldn't get them before they went out of stock. Of course a big reason for that is that scalpers were all over it. There was somebody on Facebook that posted somewhere around 20 Axial boxes that supposedly contained those $150 Deadbolts.

When I received the email from Tower they were already out of stock.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 is dead? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is it dead mesooners Oklahoma 3 05-25-2011 11:05 PM
dead FX-R jasontech17 Electronics 3 01-17-2010 01:38 AM