Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Nitro t-maxx 2.5 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Nitro t-maxx 2.5 ?

Well i got a 2.5 T-maxx from a friend but he told me that need new transmisions gears,clutch, carb and sleeve. So i guess will be better to get a complete new engine. But been in electrics i have no clue what would be a good engine to put in there like a direct swap or minor tweaks. ?

Any recomendations ohh i'm not looking for anything to fancy, just something that can beat a 3.3 revo
CyberManiaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

a weedeater motor?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I'm not sure a small block can beat a 3.3 revo. Maybe a big block conversion and a .28 or .25 eingine would be good. That is what i'd do.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
I'm not sure a small block can beat a 3.3 revo. Maybe a big block conversion and a .28 or .25 eingine would be good. That is what i'd do.
dont listen to this guy get rid of it while you can

TMAXXES ARE MONEY PITS AND BIGGER IF YOU UPGRADE THEM the more you do to it the more it will never run TRUST ME I GOT ONE WORTH WELL OF 2700
and the thing dosent move far from a shelf and i built it to run :-(
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc

TMAXXES ARE MONEY PITS AND BIGGER IF YOU UPGRADE THEM the more you do to it the more it will never run TRUST ME I GOT ONE WORTH WELL OF 2700

Damn are they that bad ?? my friend already have a revo 3.3 and the one he give me (for free) is a 2.5 he told me that the only differences between those are the engine. They are 2.5 Revos ? Also i have seen run that 3.3 and is a lot of fun. But i want something with enought speed to beat a 3.3 that's all.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

get a pic of an a arm let me see i can tell you from there if its good or bad i know traxxas like the back of my hand well not really but i know revos jatos maxxes and stampedes and rustlers pretty damn good oh and ive owend there 4 tech too
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

All I am gonna say is. There is a big difference between revo and t-maxx. Also if your gonna just bash around I would get rid of that and get a E-Maxx while your still ahead. I got a little over 2 grand tied up in my XXX-NT and it graphite and new motor and some bearing and a few other things and my Pede will almost keep up with it but its brushless. Elctric is more of a hassel and cheaper. Much more fun cause you aint gotta do so much tuning.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere
All I am gonna say is. There is a big difference between revo and t-maxx. Also if your gonna just bash around I would get rid of that and get a E-Maxx while your still ahead. I got a little over 2 grand tied up in my XXX-NT and it graphite and new motor and some bearing and a few other things and my Pede will almost keep up with it but its brushless. Elctric is more of a hassel and cheaper. Much more fun cause you aint gotta do so much tuning.
indeed but if you knwo what your doing nitro can be very fun

and he has showd me a pic of what he thinks are the a arms and its a revo
Old 02-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Oh ok. Yes I am much informed of nitro and pretty good with just got tierd of it to fast man. Got old having to tune something for every damn wheather condition you could imagine. But with electric you have to just easier to charger battery and put in and go bash. Just discharge the batterys and maintain them like you should and its a world of difference.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Yeah it's a revo.

I don't want an electric for bashing cuz the very low runtimes you have !! I like tuning mixtures. I spend a lot of time tuning my 1:1 drag car.

Now only need to find a suitable engine for this new basher. more suggestions ?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

As far as the motor goes, look at www.traxxas.com for the ERP. Engine replacement plan. Basically you can go to any participating hobby shop and trade in a traxxas motor for a new one for a portion of the cost. I believe that a 3.3 was running $135, but don't quote me on the price. I agree with smokin nitro is a blast I have 2 now a his and hers. The tuning is a PITA at first, but once you get used to it its fine.
clemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

get a .28 or .32

and traxxas's arnt money pits. well mabye yours was all the ones i have owned are not. ive had 2 pedes, 1 maxx, 2 revos. and they all ran like champs.

if you really want a fast revo, get a BL system for it.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

make it an e-revo, and you will NEVER look back!
SnailMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #14
I joined the Band!

I have had a lot of fun and luck with traxxas products... OLD traxxas (.15 engine days) were problematic and ran hot.
Today's traxxas (mainly speaking on the 2.5)are hard to beat, If you want the truck to become very tough you need to change some parts. If you want a very reliable beater truck and motor combo.... get the

O.S. 18tm motor with a Sirio pipe (break it in with the stock pipe
In cincinnati we only run 20% nitro due to altitude and cooling needs
RPM a arms will be almost indestructable (not 100% but they are warrantied)
RPM bulkhead braces
RPM SKid plates (bolt over top of stock)
DEFINATE MUST FOR RIGIDITY, the ladder bars (chassis brace) in aluminum

To make a near bomb proof truck add these parts
RPM steering knuckles for larger bearings reducing wear n tear
ALUM bulkheads front and back
alum diff cases (the stock ones walk around,seam pops under pressure)
RRP dual disk slipper
CVD's ALL OVER worth every penny to keep from twisting shafts
Stainless steel hinge pins (traxxas makes these)
Stainless steel screw kit from rc screws
RPM shock towers
Lunsford 1/8 kit for steering/tie rods

little by little adding these items you will make your vehicle run better and controll sharper just dont let a bum part hang around. when a part goes bad get rid of it
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Noob
get a .28 or .32
Not a 502 crate engine? Or jet powered?

A 3.3 is probably about as good as you're gonna get and still keep reliability. A good quality race .21 engine in a light Revo will push it along very well, probably better then the 28's and 32's.

Quote:
and traxxas's arnt money pits. well mabye yours was all the ones i have owned are not. ive had 2 pedes, 1 maxx, 2 revos. and they all ran like champs.
Compared to what other trucks that you have owned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape !!!
I have had a lot of fun and luck with traxxas products... OLD traxxas (.15 engine days) were problematic and ran hot.
Today's traxxas (mainly speaking on the 2.5)are hard to beat, If you want the truck to become very tough you need to change some parts. If you want a very reliable beater truck and motor combo.... get the

O.S. 18tm motor with a Sirio pipe (break it in with the stock pipe
In cincinnati we only run 20% nitro due to altitude and cooling needs
RPM a arms will be almost indestructable (not 100% but they are warrantied)
RPM bulkhead braces
RPM SKid plates (bolt over top of stock)
DEFINATE MUST FOR RIGIDITY, the ladder bars (chassis brace) in aluminum

To make a near bomb proof truck add these parts
RPM steering knuckles for larger bearings reducing wear n tear
ALUM bulkheads front and back
alum diff cases (the stock ones walk around,seam pops under pressure)
RRP dual disk slipper
CVD's ALL OVER worth every penny to keep from twisting shafts
Stainless steel hinge pins (traxxas makes these)
Stainless steel screw kit from rc screws
RPM shock towers
Lunsford 1/8 kit for steering/tie rods

little by little adding these items you will make your vehicle run better and controll sharper just dont let a bum part hang around. when a part goes bad get rid of it
First of all, he figured out it's a Revo, not a Maxx, so most of those pointers are pretty useless. The Revo has proved to be pretty durable in stock form.

If it was a Maxx, he could do what you suggest.... or, he could take 1/2 of that money, flush it down the toilet. Take the other 1/2, buy a better truck, and still be better off then if it was a Maxx.

Last edited by swhenrik; 02-14-2007 at 12:38 PM.
swhenrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
get a .28 or .32

if you really want a fast revo, get a BL system for it.
ok 1 maxx

dude ive never owned a revo

so let me set you streight if you ever tell me that my car is a money pit ima kick you in ur twat

run your tmaxx at a track see what happons get chased down by big block revos and savages gerenteed your maxx will be worthless in about 3 laps

mine is built to race and still dosent becasue i dont have another 500 bucks to drop on a motor and new driveline gear
Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
ok 1 maxx

dude ive never owned a revo

so let me set you streight if you ever tell me that my car is a money pit ima kick you in ur twat

run your tmaxx at a track see what happons get chased down by big block revos and savages gerenteed your maxx will be worthless in about 3 laps

mine is built to race and still dosent becasue i dont have another 500 bucks to drop on a motor and new driveline gear
thats why you dont buy a t-maxx to begin with , no offense. i had one. and my friends savy, beat the sh*t out of it. it even broke my whole rear end on the truck when bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhenrik

Compared to what other trucks that you have owned?
comparing a maxx to : revo, savage, lst, rc10gt. id take anything over the maxx. revo is faster and more agile, and can jump good. savage isnt totally as fast, but can jump and bash way better. lst can bash and is way faster. rc10gt is faster acellerating and jumps way better.

but once you go BL, you wont turn back. well i might get a nitro, but not for speed.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:

Actually i hate traxxas, i am a HPI Savage guy. I just suggested it to him since that is what he wanted to do. And they are sooooooo weak.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

i didn't try to start a lame war !! just was asking for opinions Now i have the right decision and would be an OS .18TM

I really don't know if traxxas are **** or which one in the nitro segment rules. but that is what i have. And i got it for free. Never in my mind i though i will get a nitro car but for free hell yeah !!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #20
I'm a stupid C U N T!

x2 on the os.18tm, more power and last much longer than a 3.3, but the t-maxx probably wont out handle the revo no matter what you do to it:-(
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote