Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: NJ GTG pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default NJ GTG pics

Jeff and I still sourcing rocks for our mini paragon park, actually we were suppose to go get some Sunday but were in the middle of a fawkin noreaster or some crap soooo the day before, Saturday, I finally got off the island to do some crawling on some real rocks, I loaded up the Taco with some rigs and headed about an 1.5 hour to NJ to garret state park...well since this was the 1st time driving off the island, by myself, no co pilot, I asked my stepdad if I could borrow the new GPS. Its the mutha fawkin d-wop version, HUGE screen, talks to ya the whole sha-bang..like 1500$ or some crap. SO I punch in the address from the state parks website, it finds it right away and im off. It was an 80 mile trip and it said it would take an 1.5, so there I was, right lane, 65 miles an hour, 2700 rpms, trucking along. Well when I finally reached my "destination" as the GPS says, I was furthest away from a state park that I could be, I was next to a abandon building so there I am, with a 1500$ GPS and pretty much, I have noooooooooo idea where I am...only I could get lost with a GPS so I took a minute or too, called Ryan who I was meeting up with, and he was trying to help me, so I started heading back to a mcdonalds that I passed to see if I can find anymore land marks. I made the error of thinking I could as the workers at mcdonalds if they new where Garret MT. was...they looked at me like I had 10 heads so back in the truck and started going through the GPS using its search features and I found one that searches state parks...well I finally made it to the park, after numerous phone calls with Ryan, a motorcycle cops' assistance, and a whole lotta cursing

In the end the drive was very worth it, it was an awesome spot and made a few new friends. so I thought id share a few of my favorite

Winch video

Heres a link to my alblum with more pics

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...jersey%20crew/

lata
Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I need to meet up with you guys one of these times your all out there crawling. Sounds like its quite a drive for me as well, but I want to see what other people's trucks look like in person. That and I would get to see how well mine do compared to others, and get to meet some of the people.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
I need to meet up with you guys one of these times your all out there crawling. Sounds like its quite a drive for me as well, but I want to see what other people's trucks look like in person. That and I would get to see how well mine do compared to others, and get to meet some of the people.

yea man, it was a good time. Good group of guys, everyone was real friendly, and there was some really good lines!

-Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Hopefully , you all do make it out . I know I want to . I was htere once, scouting it with flash. I'm glad you think there are good lines 1 bad. I was thinking it wasnt that good of a spot. :?
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

hey mike how far is it from me? i might head out once my 1:1 truck is running again.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir View Post
hey mike how far is it from me? i might head out once my 1:1 truck is running again.
Keith that would be cool dude! its in paterson NJ, maybe that will help ya mapquest it? here is a link the garden state crawlers page

http://www.gsrcrc.com/showthread.php?t=184&page=3
Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

good deal... i am gonna go start welding the lift tonight and hopefully have it ready by next weekend to roll.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir View Post
I'd bet close to 3 hours. It took me 1.5 hours from the allentown area. It was well worth it though. Nice place and a great group of people.
Be careful if you mapquest it. You will get close but not quite there. I can give you directions if needed.
rtk434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Hmm, flash told me it was West Patterson.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Hmm, flash told me it was West Patterson.
Opps yea...WEST patterson even though the damn website says patterson

http://www.passaiccountynj.org/Parks...directions.htm
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I wasnt trying to disagree with YOU . I am going by flash, he gets screwed up with directions sometimes.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

This is jersey love right here!!
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote