Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: have you won something off the radio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

Default have you won something off the radio?

i just did and was wondering how many others have. well i sort of did it on accident, where i called in to ask when and where this guy was playing cause they just mentioned it and i had missed it. the woman said well blah blah blah is where it is, i actually have an extra spot on the VIP guest list. would you be interested? i was like hell yeah! and i am gonna go in a few hours. pretty sweet huh?
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

They have a bit on one of the morning shows here called "head or tails" where callers are given two women to choose which one they would do... one morning they were getting ready to do the "ginger" edition... redheads mmmmmm

Anyway, they were having a hard time coming up with famous redheads to choose from, so I was calling in to suggest Alyson Hannigan... mmmm Alyson Hannigan lol... by the time I finally got through though, they already had enough names so they let me play... They made me choose between Marcia Cross (desperate housewives), and Katey Sagal... lol I blurted out "Peg Bundy for sure!" before the guy even finished asking me. I won some crappy free breakfast coupon at CoGos or whatever and no, I didnt bother burning the gas to go all the way to the other side of the city to claim it...
bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #3

ive won like 3 times on the radio but they were cd's nothing to special. but my mom did win jamboree in the hills tickets a couple years back. (jamboree in the hills is a concert with about 30 country and southern rock singers and its AWESOME lol. goes on for 3-4 days. one of my friends last year got a autograph from toby keith. sucks balls i have to work this year.
dave
davidcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I won a kenwood in-dash cd with sirrus and an ipod interface for answering who was the famous tv personality that drove the indy pace car at indy in 2005

jay leno

oh yeah 6 months free sirrus service
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

when I was around 12 I won 4 movie tickets, and 4 meal passes to McDonalds. The question was like, 70% more women do this than men. I called in with "Cry at a wedding" and won.

The best thing I have ever won was at the Spring Superlift Adventure Series a couple months ago. I won 4 of any Interco Super Swamper that I want up to 44's.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Who was "the guy?"

The chic on the phone seemed pretty easy to give away VIP passes. Especially on the day of.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I won all access passes to the pits and the MTV tent area at the Denver grand Prix back in '90 or '91, got to meet Motley Crue, Skid Row, Ronnie James Dio, and Lita Ford... It was pretty cool since they were the shiat at the time.
I only had to ride a tricycle around a track... in my underwear! I kicked the crap out of everyone except this one guy who used his feet to push himself instead of pedaling like everyone else. The radio people said they never said you couldn't do that so he won the grand prize, which turned out to be the sh!tty end of the stick if you ask me. He had to sit in the VIP sky box with a bunch of nobody's and me and my Girlfriend got HOOKED UP!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

They called my name on the radio a week or 2 ago, if I called in in 10 minutes I would win $979. Well my dad has the same name, lives in the same town. He beat me to it, got the money. I was sad.:-(
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
RCC Addict

i accidently hung up on $1000 winning call
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
They called my name on the radio a week or 2 ago, if I called in in 10 minutes I would win $979. Well my dad has the same name, lives in the same town. He beat me to it, got the money. I was sad.:-(

My Dad would have at least split it with me! We don't listen to the same stations though.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
06 Super National Champ

I think it was 2000...got tickets to Summer Sanitarium with Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000, and System of a Down.

Won tickets years ago to the Black Crowes.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

the guy i wanted to see what Max Stalling, my favorite singer. then at the same time i saw Randy Rogers, Bruce Robison, Gary Nicholson, and Kent Finlay. it was a really great show and i was only a few feet from them all. Bruce Robison played great especially. besides Max, you know.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote