Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Crappy day at work... literally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Crappy day at work... literally

ok so i own my own r/c shop... we have been open for almost a month now and everything was going good for a new shop.

Then today happens..
i get there at noon as i always do to open and there is a guy and his wife standing out front. i am thinking this is a good thing i have a customer already, its going to be a good day... then i open the door to the store, SMACK, i get hit in the face with the smell of septic tank. so i am like what the hell. i walk in the door and turn on the lights, the guy is right behind me and he says "holy ****, that smells like ****", so i say " yeah i dont know what the hell that is".
anyway i walk to the back room to put my bag and lunch back there and i hear the infamous "sploosh" your foot makes when you step in an inch of water. i flick on the light and see dirty water everywhere...then i hear a drip, i look up and see a flooded light housing in the ceiling. at this point i have an idea of what happened.

turns out the people who live upstairs flooded their crapper between 8pm last night and noon today. did they tell the land lord? nope they just left for work and figured they would get it later. i called him and told him about so he came down to check it out. the upstairs people got home at 2pm from work and were "shocked" to see what had happened. i had an inch of ****ty toilet water in my store and they new nothing of it.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Men, that stinks! I think is crap!! LOL!! These things dont happen to me because i would have gone postal...i dont take **** from nobody!!!
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That sucks as bad as it stinks!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
I lost my vendor privileges

sorry to hear about that man. hope they get it fixed and straightened out for ya.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
RCC Addict

well its all mopped up and clean again...
i am missing some drop ceiling tiles, luckily it was my work shop area so only my personal stuff got wet, and by some stupid stroke of luck i had bodies on all my vehicles so they were sheilded from the "rain". i got out of there around 8pm tonight and promptly went out to drink a few beers and calm down.

so far the only loss was a jr radio box, thank god for that stryo inside of the box, and big plastic case for my cordless tools. for some reason they molded the case with small holes inside that lead to the cavity between the out side of the case and the shaped part inside. it sorta stinks like *** so i am just gonna toss it.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #6

i had a day like that to but i got it thrown on meat least you only steped in it
hitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

That's no good, sorry to hear about that!

Insurance.....Also, have the landlord give you a month free, or a big discount for having to clean up the mess!

You should have never had to clean it up. He should have hired a cleaning service. So since you cleaned it up, you saved him money. Month free of rent might do it!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Racer has a good point - it was his responsibility to take care of that, and you doing it for him saved him either a lot of time and effort or a lot of money. Don't let him forget about it!

You might also mention all the business you lost that day.

I agree, a free month is in order.

I'm glad to hear your losses were minimal...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
RCC Addict

i will see what i can do, i know he feels pretty bad from what he was saying, i might be able to use this after all....

yeah so far i didnt loose anything important
Old 10-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #10
RCC Addict

that sucks! does it still stink in your shop?
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Good one Big Mike...Didn't think about the buisness loss.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

He should make the upstairs neighbor pay for the damage and time...........
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
RCC Addict

it doesnt smell to bad today, the smell is coming from the floor of the upstairs apartment...

oh and he wont make the neighboors pay for anything, long story but he is a religous nut, he didnt want me to be open on sunday cause there is a church up the street, and his renters are some mormon chicks that are studying to become sisters or something.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir View Post
it doesnt smell to bad today, the smell is coming from the floor of the upstairs apartment...

oh and he wont make the neighboors pay for anything, long story but he is a religous nut, he didnt want me to be open on sunday cause there is a church up the street, and his renters are some mormon chicks that are studying to become sisters or something.
what ya expect They women, they didn't know.They studying to become missioners, so they leave in morning and stay gone till the evenings 6 days a week.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote