Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tamiya answers their e mails.

Dear Tamiya Customer,

We at Tamiya America are aware of the popularity of the TLT-1. However, all
of Tamiya's decisions regarding development of new products and the
discontinuation of older products are made at Tamiya Inc. in Japan. Tamiya
Inc. does plans on releasing a complete axle kit in the near future,
unfortunately we have no confirmed date when it will be released.

Customer Service Dept.
Tamiya America, Inc.

I just got this after bitching about the fact I cant get parts for my tlt or txt
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

They better hurry up before TLT's are forgotten about.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

True but they also need to do txt/jugg axles too,I have 2 tlt and 1 txt and might break something someday
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I've seen some people here having a hard time getting TXT axle parts. Is Tamiya trying to push themselves away from crawlers? People are going to buy whats hot and has good parts support.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I hope an american company like Traxxas decides to get into crawling and solid axles stuff....
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Tamiya USA NO LONGER runs their own warehouse.... they outsourced it about 3-4 months ago!!!! They also have very little control over what and how much they get ordered in stock, they say they do but tamiya has a way of being out of stock on something for the next few months even though they have fully stocked the larger stores with parts the same day. Most of the stuff they order also takes about a week to two weeks to get loaded, boated over and unloaded to them. Tamiya has made it VERY VERY clear in the past that the US is not and will not be a deciding factor in what they make and sell. We happen to purchase what they make and tolerate the troublesome shipping involved to get it to us.
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

That's some of the reason that when I bought my M-03 Rover Mini Cooper, I stocked up on important parts just in case, I figured in that possiblilty. It's also the main reason I like companies like HPI and Traxxas, they've kept parts available for a decent amount of time after the vehicle has been disco'd.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Because they do things like disco. popular things like TXT and TLT I think I might take apart my crawlers and sell the axles.I guess I'll be forced to do wheely king axles
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok_Dok View Post
Tamiya USA NO LONGER runs their own warehouse.... they outsourced it about 3-4 months ago!!!! They also have very little control over what and how much they get ordered in stock, they say they do but tamiya has a way of being out of stock on something for the next few months even though they have fully stocked the larger stores with parts the same day. Most of the stuff they order also takes about a week to two weeks to get loaded, boated over and unloaded to them. Tamiya has made it VERY VERY clear in the past that the US is not and will not be a deciding factor in what they make and sell. We happen to purchase what they make and tolerate the troublesome shipping involved to get it to us.
That is a sick way of doing business in IMHO.

OK Americans! Time to step up. I have seen some amazing things that the people on this forum have developed. I really don't see any reason why we have to put up with any of that crap!

WELL?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
RCC Addict

well, with the price of a pair of AX-10 axles only being a couple of bucks more than a pair of TLT axles, guess what i am switchng to for all my builds from now on.

and i mean EVERYTHING!!!

2.2, scale, and yes, i think i am even going to try and use AX-10 axles for a super, too! i mean, why not? the part support is there if i break something using them...

yeah, if this is how Tamiya is going to run, by sh!tting on one of their major markets, i will not stand by and support that!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
Debunking old stereotypes

The kits are discontinued, but I haven't had any trouble getting parts. I recently bought the parts for 2 complete Tlt axles from my LHS. Since I don't have a Txt, I' can't comment on parts availability on those.
If you're thinking of selling your Tlt axles? I would recommend the Axial AX10 axles over the WK axles. Those IMO are going to be a better replacement for the Tlt axles then the WK axles.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
well, with the price of a pair of AX-10 axles only being a couple of bucks more than a pair of TLT axles, guess what i am switchng to for all my builds from now on.

and i mean EVERYTHING!!!

2.2, scale, and yes, i think i am even going to try and use AX-10 axles for a super, too! i mean, why not? the part support is there if i break something using them...

yeah, if this is how Tamiya is going to run, by sh!tting on one of their major markets, i will not stand by and support that!!!
Man I am liking the sound of that SCC.
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok_Dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
That is a sick way of doing business in IMHO.

OK Americans! Time to step up. I have seen some amazing things that the people on this forum have developed. I really don't see any reason why we have to put up with any of that crap!

WELL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post

and i mean EVERYTHING!!!

That is a real kick in the teeth of a major market, would Toyota ot Honda be where they are now with that kind of attitude towards our market How wide are the AX-10 axles in comparison to the WK and TLT axles, just out of curiousity
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

AX-10 are just a hair wider than TLT's. WK are super wide.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #15
06 Super National Champ

10.5" from outside of wheel to outside of wheel is "super wide"?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #16
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
i think R2J now has his 2.2 clod down to 10.5 outside to outside of tire.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
The Axial is 10". 1/2" isn't super wide, but for scale reasons all that extra width can make it hard to complete a nice scale look.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

You've made a good point captain plastic, the TC line of their is the only one like that! Even the M-03 line has a limited selection of Japanese market vehicle now that you've gotten me thinking of it.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by red jim View Post
Dear Tamiya Customer,

We at Tamiya America are aware of the popularity of the TLT-1. However, all
of Tamiya's decisions regarding development of new products and the
discontinuation of older products are made at Tamiya Inc. in Japan. Tamiya
Inc. does plans on releasing a complete axle kit in the near future,
unfortunately we have no confirmed date when it will be released.

Customer Service Dept.
Tamiya America, Inc.

I just got this after bitching about the fact I cant get parts for my tlt or txt
Same EXACT sorry email they sent me about 6 months ago. I sent a couple replies and told them what they are missing out on and how to take care of business and they stopped replying after two times....apparently they don't want to hear how to make their business better. Also seems they don't understand thier market!

Traxxas and HPI are waaaay better at supporting thier 'older' vehicles!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

It's funny, the shop I work for rarely has much problems getting Traxxas, HPI, Losi, Associated, Sportworks, Schumacher, and now Axial parts but half the time it can be like pulling teeth when it comes to Tamiya and Kyosho (and the latter can be absolutely horrible!) Unless it's a really old vehicle or brand new those parts can be had fairly easily, but I've seen Tamiya and Kyosho disco parts for vehicles that they are currently making!